[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Wat-er polaver

Wat-er polaver

Off topic

Wat-er polaver

Postby bels » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:03 pm

Reusable water bottle thread.

bels
Yung Winona

Re: Wat-er polaver

Postby bels » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:05 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:06 pm

On a moving train it's impossible to sip from the mouth of a Klean Kanteen without splashing water on your face or opening your mouth weirdly wide.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Liberty bottle works have the best cap system, but they're made of aluminium and I think they support Trump

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Water bottles is the product category where working class right wing survivalists and bourgeoisie green washing hipsters mingle

Possible bi-partisan area, waiting for populist demagogue to capitalise on?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:18 pm

What's the ultimate functional way to carry a water bottle? Belt holster?

(ultimate non functional way is tote bag of course)

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:19 pm

If you have any kind of water bottle in an office environment you need to get a grip. It's an office not a hike. Use a glass.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:24 pm

Miir makes a slightly techier looking klean kanteen.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:33 pm

Glass water bottles are obviously extremely impractical and thus, very elegant. Except they have silicon sleeves to increase practicality which make them look like something you would give a child to store playdough in.

Otherwise, they project EXTREME wealth.

Black + Blum probably have one of the best wealth projection water bottles out there right now:

The black stick is activated charcoal.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:37 pm

Quite like the look of the A6 memo bottle. But is it really less bulky than my collapsible Vapur bottles? Unsure. Vapur bottles collapse smaller, but they're still kind of bulky weirdly enough.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CMYK » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:57 pm

I have had a glass bottle, and I broke it.

I use a water bottle at work cause it holds more than a glass. If I got a 64 oz glass I would look like an idiot.

Ultralight backpackers either use these

or just old 2 liter soda bottles. Weight/space savings are key. Spending insane amounts of money on water bottles is rather silly, no?

CMYK

Postby titkitten » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:41 pm

i bought and drank this rose cider just so i could use it as a water bottle. it looked much better with rose in it. lightly toyed with the idea of adding a drop of red food colouring to my water whenever i filled it (for the AeStHeTiC) but then i found out it stains your teeth.

whoops not that committed to the aesthetic.

Last edited by titkitten on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
titkitten

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:43 pm

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby deadkitty » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:31 pm

best is months old fiji/evian bottle

or mason jar

deadkitty

Postby odradek » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:29 am

i have collected many branded water bottles at dumb events that are semi-sponsored by banks and stuff so i covered them with stickers and leave them in the office. i have 4 reusable water bottles stashed around my desk.

odradek

Postby bels » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:04 am

2 points:

1) Yes indeed it is very practical to drink water at your desk from a reusable water bottle instead of getting up to go to the kitchen. But it's also very practical to wear sweat shorts every single day and drink Huel instead of having lunch. I do both the latter and cannot condone the former

2) Many re usable water bottles also spill all over you when you drink from them on a train. But not all of them. My Nalgene OTG for example would never have this issue.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:16 am

sounds like you need better reus water bottles instead of condemning them all to a life of athleticism and fitness

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby bels » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:41 am

stop derailing the conversation with this strawmanning. It's obvious to everyone that I have many different types of reusable water bottles. Please stay on topic

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CMYK » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:57 am

have u considered using a camelbak or some other type of extra large wearable water pouch? Surely someone makes one that can integrate with your modular ACRONYM coat.

CMYK

Postby CMYK » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:59 am

If it's wealth projection you want...

around the $200 range

CMYK

Postby adiabatic » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:00 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby bels » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:23 am

I don't care if it's your best option. Don't do it. It's basic etiquette. Don't know why this is so complicated. You look like a chief walking round in a blue shirt with a nalgene on top of your closed laptop asking if you can take this offline.

If you absolutely demand a water bottle on your desk you could consider a basic set up like mine:

But I know that 90% of people who insist on using water bottles in the office don't have the executive function to bring a decanter to work so I'm trying to start simple by getting them to use glasses.

But maybe I should go one step at a time, so to start with maybe try something like this:

then once you've got the hang of that try the open glass.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby adiabatic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:44 am

If you're the least bit tempted to use both a decanter and a glass your glass is too small. You can , though.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby odradek » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:26 am

the only transport water needs in the office is between the water dispensing site and your desk, and then into your body. carrying around water in the office outside of those is a sign of degeneracy.

odradek

Postby vgtbls » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:40 am

Decanter, glass, coaster.... the telltale signs of hardware creep. Blink twice if you need help bela

vgtbls

Postby sknss » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 am

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Bonobonobo » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:00 am

Bonobonobo

Postby JewTurk » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:34 am

Nalgenes for daily use stuff. Two 64oz klean kanteens for my bike if I'm going somewhere where I won't have water.

I can't bring myself to buy a hydroflask yet.

Also, not putting stickers on your bottle is the only efficient way to identify it in a lost and found group of water bottles.

JewTurk

Postby Bonobonobo » Fri May 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Bonobonobo

Postby vgtbls » Fri May 12, 2017 2:24 pm

In the case you are a moral failure and buy plastic water bottles, this can turn them into nice pitcher-esque objects.

vgtbls

Next

Return to Care