[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Kiss the future

Kiss the future

Off topic

Re: Kiss the future

Postby mahi-mahi » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:31 pm

hey man, bumping this thread to ask, 3yrs later: are you doing better? I know we've never met but I would consider you a friend, and I would hate for a friend to feel like they are stuck. If you ever need an ear, I'm always around.

mahi-mahi

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:29 am

Last edited by ASTROCHIMP on Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:55 pm

I have this ultimate goal of by the time I'm old (around retirement age): I want to own a really small (10 seats max) cafe, where the concept of the cafe reflects my life in what I have collected over the years. The mugs would be my highly irregular collection, hopefully with some good (and bad) memories associated with them, with the art, decor, furnishing, and vinyl records following suit. No wifi, because I don't like people sitting around on their phones all day. Real simple menu - one rotating choice of pour over coffee hot or over ice, and toast with seasonal fruit jam, some kind of rotating nut butter, or avocado (former two hopefully housemade!). Just a warm, simple place for people to relax, talk, exchange stories, and maybe flip through some books and magazines from my archive.

From a business perspective, I'm not even entirely sure such a model of selling pour over coffee and toast is financially viable, especially considering coffee culture in the US (or many western countries for that matter). There always seems to be this sort of emphasis on always being in motion - grab a cup of coffee to go in the morning and drink it quickly while rushing to work, which this cafe concept doesn't cater to (and ideally I wouldn't want it to). Small number of seats is also a detriment to the throughput of the cafe, but I wouldn't want to give it up for the cozy atmosphere. So it'd probably have to be established in a pretty densely populated city that can get a lot of foot traffic to get enough daily customers.

Probably will be an office drone for a lot of my years to sustain this collecting (which I'm dreading to a degree), but I figure I still have 40+ some years to collect slowly. In any respect though, life is about the journey and not the destination, so I intend to do whatever I can to enjoy it and try not worry about having this specific goal in mind when considering every decision.

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby mahi-mahi » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:32 pm

in five years, i'll be 24 years old, probably have a B.Sc in Biology, hopefully in Occupational Therapy school for my OTD.
Beyond academics, in five years I want to be a stronger, happier person. It's lofty because who knows if i'll get there- I'm figuring it out one day at a time.
back to studying for my exams.

mahi-mahi

Postby can- » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:24 pm

i want to have so many dead vans authentics i can make a rag carpet with them

can-

Postby kickingthefly » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:36 pm

found this thread by accident and liked it. would be good to hear updates from people i sort of 'know' a little.

kickingthefly

Previous

Return to Care