[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music, Conversation

Postby parastexis » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:03 pm

what type of music would you want at your ideal party? I need some new music to dance to :woop:

parastexis

Postby rjbman » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:05 am

: spotify:user:rjbman93:playlist:0oDHznIXH6pqCn6fB4UzPb

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby kraftflag » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:04 pm

Whirr is probably my favorite band right now

kraftflag

Postby iamacyborg » Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:15 pm

I have a strange love for dnb tracks with female vocalists.

iamacyborg

Postby eufemism » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:04 am

Just got back from the Schoolboy Q concert and it was hype as hell! I got drenched in sweat, fell in love with the girl standing in front of me, and by the time Q played his final song I was just making guttural sounds because I lost my voice.

I couldn't even handle the final songs he did. Brand New Guy>> Work Remix >> There He Go>> Blessed. When Break the Bank and Prescription-Oxymoron came on I started wildin out. I swear I thought I was gonna pass out. I started seeing spots and the flashing lights and smoke I was breathing in from the guys next to me definitely didn't help. But overall it was awesome.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby arcticsound » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:37 pm

Death Cab for Cutie is, like, growing backwards with me. I got into them through Plans when I was 14 or something, when I was 16 I was obsessed with Transatlanticism, then in the past couple years I've been discovering lots of their old stuff. We Have The Facts and We're Voting Yes is my favourite now and I can barely listen to Plans without cringing. Still love Transatlanticism though.

arcticsound

Postby alby » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:55 pm

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby purkinje » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:20 pm

New Damon Albarn solo album has leaked, what does everything think? Don't like it as much as his work with Blur or Gorillaz but it's not bad by any stretch. Nice range of emotion with really upbeat tracks like Mr Tembo and then tracks like Hostiles an Photographs being more drawn out and solemn. Aitor Throup's CGI heads/skulls for the Everyday Robots video were pretty cool imo.

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby starfox64 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:32 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby vgtbls » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:41 pm

Right now I'm not into anything I can't dance to. New Duck Sauce album and Jacques Greene make me feel some type of way

vgtbls

Postby seth83292 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:34 pm

I was actually surprised by how much I didn't like Quack. A-trak can be an incredible producer, but I thought it was the same sort of dance hall stuff that RAM was.

But then again, I didn't like RAM either, so maybe that type of music just isn't for me.

seth83292

Postby stappard_ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:56 am

, which completely sucks. 2013 was his best year yet, and he was taking footwork into places way past where one could imagine even a few years ago.

stappard_

Postby vgtbls » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:27 am

vgtbls

Postby areo » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:16 am

Looking for a track ID. Comes in at about 29.20... the name is on the tip of my tongue but I can't quite get there. Any help?
https://soundcloud.com/bluntwrap/soulful-salmon

areo

Postby rublev » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:25 pm

...what i've been listening to lately....

Rangda on Drag City. It's sir Richard Bishop (Sun City Girls), Ben Chasny (aka Six Organs of Admittance) and drummer Chris Corsano (dunno if he's been in anything but damn he keep a beat). Dunno how to describe it but if you know the above stuff imagine mixing it with some sort of tribal music and then some mathy noise like extremely or something about you're about there. I'd imagine this would be really good live...

Suddenly really wanted to listen to Raw Nerve again and forgot how cool this track was... pissed off fast punk... makes me furious!!!!

rublev
Political Editor

Postby arcticsound » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:32 pm

arcticsound

Postby eufemism » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:20 pm

was re-listening to echoes silence patience and grace and i really liked the lyric "Such a simple animal, sterilized with alcohol, I could hardly feel me anymore"

[youtube]oh8LMSJSk0s&feature=kp[/youtube]

i love the first verse of sacrilegious. "Gloomy on sunny days, shadows no house or trees/ Prayers not close to me as I bow down and take a knee/ Hell goes far as the eye can see, hoodies and weaponry" we've all felt sadness when it seems like we should be happy and i think Q captures that perfectly

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby Syeknom » Thu May 01, 2014 3:07 am

Syeknom

Postby iamacyborg » Tue May 06, 2014 2:53 pm

The difference between listening to FLAC's compared to stuff on YT or Spotify is absolutely insane. This generation is going to have absolutely no idea what decent audio sounds like. So glad I invested in a decent soundsystem :|

iamacyborg

Postby balloons » Tue May 06, 2014 5:55 pm

something kind of dumb about me is that I've sort of avoided any thing audiophilic (FLAC, nicer headphones, etc.) because I know if I get immersed in that, it'll ruin me. won't be able to download music off youtube without hating it, won't be able to record anything without thinking "damn, that'd sound way better with a _________",won't be able to listen to music at a kickback w/o getting a lil conscious that the bitrate or whatever is super low (unless low is a good thing and then in that case, "... lil conscious that the bitrate or whatever is super high")

willful ignorance is what I'm sayin. not too admirable but seems only practical.

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby BobbyZamora » Tue May 06, 2014 6:01 pm

I genuinely can't tell the difference between FLAC's and mp3's and youtube. Dunno if it's just me.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby zayg » Tue May 06, 2014 6:06 pm

There is something about music that has a slight vintage country twang like Field Report's S/T and Brian Eno's Apollo. Love it.

zayg

Postby SteevMike » Tue May 06, 2014 7:41 pm

i rant about this too much but i do think FLAC and audiophile stuff is mostly BS, i refuse to believe that V0 isn't good enough for like 99% of situations. especially if you're listening to digitally recorded music.

SteevMike

Postby iamacyborg » Wed May 07, 2014 2:54 pm

iamacyborg

Postby bels » Wed May 07, 2014 3:24 pm

I support snobs of all varieties except audiophiles.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby iamacyborg » Wed May 07, 2014 4:55 pm

I don't think audiophiles listen to FLACs.

iamacyborg

Postby zayg » Wed May 07, 2014 5:16 pm

true audiophiles listen to vinyl

while FLAC and vinyl are similarly lossless, vinyl is way cooler. the warmth and pops are lovely.

zayg

Postby zayg » Wed May 07, 2014 6:02 pm

also, Hail to the Thief is the best Radiohead album....prove me wrong

zayg

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed May 07, 2014 6:18 pm

FLAC is good as an archiving file. Any differences in sound will only be audible on a well equipped sound system and even then they will be minor. I mainly use the file type for the archiving and so I feel like I'm getting the most out of my hi-fi.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed May 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Oh yeah this is sick

Get on the dutch neo-soul people

DeafIdiotGod

PreviousNext

Return to Care