[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music, Conversation

Postby popcorn » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:42 pm

Heard "Rope" off Foo Fighters' 2011 album I never listened through, realized I hadn't been giving modern rock enough love. Wasting Light is a really cool album imo.

Anyway, things went the usual way and I spent a good two hours watching Rock Band drum videos on YouTube like 6th grade all over again. I want my RB2 drum set back. Please advise.

popcorn

Postby mc-lunar » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:44 pm

tbh i think drake is a really good subway listen especially if you have shitty headphones. the production isn't super bass heavy so people with the apple defaults can listen to it on the regular as well.

mc-lunar

Postby Blastoise » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:42 am

Julian Cascablancas, anyone? The new album is great. Starts off slow but it's a lot of fun. Definitely a rainy day album.

Seeing him/The Voidz in November. So excited.

Blastoise

Postby bels » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:36 am

bels
Yung Winona

Postby chilljin » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:43 am

got some really cool pickups for my room, atleast cool for me

went to a local record shop and they were selling this and madvillain, couldn't pass up...

chilljin

Postby CPV1 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:47 am

Anyone else follow the jungle war dubs thing that happened last week? Much better than last year's grime war. I think these are the two best.

Om Unit sending for Gantz:

and Commodo sending for Mala. The 'Changes' sample is very naughty:

CPV1

Postby arcticsound » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:58 am

Anyone get to the new Iceage album yet? I'm on the fourth track and I really like it so far. I loved You're nothing because of how sloppy and energetic it was so the first single from Plowing Into The Field Of Love freaked me out a bit. It was such a change in style and I missed the hardcore influence at first, but it's starting to make since now that I'm listening to the whole album. The country/americana influence is really cool and they do it well. I think Elias' voice is what keeps it true to them, and I love how he's going for the 'tortured frontman' thing this time around instead of just being a sad punk lol I'm excited to throw this on my phone and really dig into it.

arcticsound

Postby eli7 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:06 pm

I've been listening to this Nancy & Lee record for a while now, and man, it's just so fantastic. It' sounds like a spaghetti western and Lee's voice resonates while Nancy's just being playful bouncy Nancy. Good stuff.

eli7

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:28 pm

The Field, minimal techno with a trancey sound. Lots of repetition and building on a simple theme, I love the vocal samples on this track, they're just a syllable looped over and over but they fit the tone of the track perfectly.

Saw this guy at Green Man festival, it's hypnotic at a live show.

I've been quite into music with a focus on repetition lately, Basinski's Disintegration Loops and The Caretaker's An Empty Bliss Beyond This World are great to leave on and fill the silence while you do other things.

Another really interesting listen is Alvin Lucier's I Am Sitting In A Room, to make it he recorded himself speaking in a room, then played the recording back into the room, recorded that, played that result back into the room and so on. This causes the resonant frequencies of the room excited by his speech to gradually establish themselves in subsequent recordings eventually causing any semblance of humanity to be lost from the spoken words and later on for the words to be lost completely, replaced by rhythmic humming. At the very end the sound is just pure tones caused by the room vibrating.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby nevergreen » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:51 pm

i've been listening to amy winehouse a p good amount recently i never really listened to her before but she's great

nevergreen

Postby finolino » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:07 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLzSr-YUjtc[/youtube]

oddly, i've never listened to mineral before, despite liking many of their contemporaries, i.e. texas is the reason, braid, jawbreaker, etc. such a great album, though. raw emotion here is unparalleled for its time. was, sadly, out of town for their reunion tour, so i didn't actually get a chance to see them live, but i'm sure they'll have some life left in them after this one

also been feeling these:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOHGTJoh498[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9INO6a3LkWw[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhzlhRmHmQA[/youtube]

lately, the new wave of artists that blend emo and math rock was (and still is) a jolly good time for all

finolino

Postby CPV1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:49 pm

R.I.P. Spaceape. Really sad news. Was certainly involved with some of the best stuff dubstep has to offer.

CPV1

Postby chadnik » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:51 am

in case you haven't seen the music video for "Never Catch Me," it's worth a watch for a hit of seriously skillful rug-cutting and childhood exuberance (I also feel the need to post a version of this song that isn't filled with air horns):

reminded me how much I love this song + its various covers:

chadnik

Postby stappard_ » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:01 am

There must be something to the fact that all my favourite electronic music was released 2009-2010, like a lens focused for a moment, then moved on

stappard_

Postby stappard_ » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:14 am

surely not!

stappard_

Postby Syeknom » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:17 am

Autechre easily the best electronic group i've ever seen live and i've seen more than my fair share

Syeknom

Postby vgtbls » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:08 am

Never Catch Me blows me away every time I listen to it. One of the best, well-rounded songs I've heard in my entire life. The video's so perfect for it, it reminds me of his Until The Quiet Comes short film.

vgtbls

Postby Thomnd » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:14 am

New Flying Lotus album is faaaantasstiiiiiiiccccccccc

Thomnd

Postby Woland » Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:03 pm

I went to a yung lean show back in june and took some pics

Woland

Postby Woland » Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:24 pm

which date in december? I would buy tickets for the Vancouver show on the 19th , but I don't live there, and the last ferry is at 645 pm, so I might have to bum around town until the early hours of the morning when the ferry starts again. I'll probably do that.

Woland

Postby Woland » Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:27 pm

i'll see you there! look for a dude with a camera

lol

Woland

Postby Stingray Sam » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:48 am

I've listened to section 80 a couple times over recently and man is this album amazing

Stingray Sam

Postby rjbman » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:32 am

Mac Demarco is coming to Champaign but none of my friends want to go :sad:

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby exprof » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:51 pm

can we plz talk about how awesome mellon collie and the infinite sadness is???

exprof

Postby JtotheWhat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:29 pm

Surprised to see no mention of the new Alt-J album.. really loving it and finding it perfect for every activity...work, homework, reading, exercise.. can't stop listening to it honestly.

JtotheWhat

Postby BobbyZamora » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:15 am

really enjoying the "Lost in the Night" EP by band Palace.

https://soundcloud.com/palaceband

has this very floaty/sleepy cold poppy sound to it. really nicely put together and with awesome guitar work

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby pheaj » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:21 am

Seeing my favourite band live this Friday as my first concert... I'm so excited @_@ It's gonna be super chill. He's easily one of my favourite song writers and guitarists, esp for relaxing at home or being sad.
[youtube]xIGojpjt9Cc?start=52[/youtube]
[youtube]c05dQKb2aB0?start=32[/youtube]

pheaj

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Really enjoying Joey BadA$$'s flow and voice right now

Stingray Sam

Postby straysheep » Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:28 pm

so this is tangentially fashion related too and a complete non sequitur, but I just had this thought earlier today that someone with more free time than me could totally take and write a shitty internet article about:

Rock Stars Are Dead And Have Been Dead Since Mick Jagger Turned Into A Pruney Lemon

or alternatively:

rock stars died the moment one survived to old age

straysheep

Postby Muzzle » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:40 am

"Laika Come Home" is a dub and reggae remix album of popular Gorillaz songs and that's just as great as it sounds

Muzzle

PreviousNext

Return to Care