[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music, Conversation

Postby JewTurk » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:16 am

Seeing together PANGEA and AJ Davila at the Burger Records Caravan of Stars shindig tomorrow night with concert companion. Should be fun.

Anyone seen them live? Not sure what to expect tbh

JewTurk

Postby harmsalmon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:35 pm

I like the Weeknd a lot more than I feel like I'm supposed to

harmsalmon

Postby camping jazz » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:22 pm

ride are touring again
swervedriver are touring again

all my shoegaze dreams coming true

camping jazz

Postby CPV1 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:33 am

, you can't go wrong with a bit of Skibba and Det. The genre's two best MCs in my opinion. And Andy C is obviously wicked. They're also all still about, which is nice. Seen 'them a few times.

Also love this, although it's not strictly from the era. Just shows that Dizzee can spit over anything.

CPV1

Postby JewTurk » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:04 pm

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/wea ... ems/112457

Cool project definitely worth supporting. I ended up donating and getting The Districts LP signed along with a Dr. Dog Easy Beat CD signed.

e:
Worth watching:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrMxWRYKbbA

Whole project has been going for like 5 years or so.

JewTurk

Postby alby » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:00 pm

I feel like I should make an RTJ post, since seeing them was incredible. I saw them on Friday and it was one of the best shows of my life, for sure. There was three openers. The first openers was a group called David Ruffen Theory. These guys went hard. They got the crowd extremely hyped even though most people did not know who they were, and really got everyone stoked for RTJ. The second and third opener, Despot and Ratking, were solid too. Despot was dressed super well, but he was much more laid back and not very "hype". I hadn't heard of him but he'd be good smoking music. Ratking was kind of disappointing. He seemed very trashy and was just kind of sloppy, but it wasn't terrible.

Between the first and second openers, there was this group of people that pushed their way into our spots, and we ultimately got set back three rows or so. These people were super obnoxious and very drunk and annoying. It was very disheartening and got me pretty down, but then RTJ came on, they got shoved out, and all was right.

The show itself was incredible. Mike and El-P killed it. Other rappers I seen (sans Kendrick) do not bring nearly as much hype as these guys do. They were also super down to earth during the show, and signed some records that people in the front row were holding up.

After the show is when the night turned to be just stellar. As we were waiting for the crowd to clear out, Mike and El were walking around and eventually ended up at the merch booth to sign shit and talk. We were one of the last people getting out of the venue, so we got to talk to them for a bit. Mike said he loved my shirt and asked to sign it. I told him to write something inspirational, and was not disappointed. I also bought the new album on vinyl and had them sign it. It was a wild night.

Here is some pics:

One more thing - RTJ played in St. Louis yesterday, the same day as the Ferguson decision. Regardless of what you think and what you believe, the speech Mike gave before going on stage was very powerful. I encourage you to check it out.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby SweetJavaBrown » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:29 pm

Despot is so dope. If you liked him check this out: He talked about his upcoming album when I saw RTJ in North Carolina a few weeks ago. They killed it. Ratking wasn't there because they (or one of the members) got arrested after the local police raided RTJ's tour bus.

SweetJavaBrown

Postby Iliam » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:56 pm

have u seen the interview where fatima al qadiri talks about how she bought a yohji skirt for 30 bucks at some mad sales they have in kuwait.

it's a really funny interview.

it's from four years ago. i wonder how she feels about it now.

[vimeo]http://www.vimeo.com/8111820[/vimeo]

Iliam

Postby jrisk » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:24 pm

been interested in concept albums or songs made to be listened to for specific purposes or during specific activities.

see brian eno's music for airports:

and LCD Soundsystem's 45:33 (commissioned by nike to be for running/jogging)

any one know of more?

, listening to it now (amazing so far, thanks for sharing). I'd say it's definitely a concept album in the sense it's about a central story/topic. however, I'm thinking of stuff that's intending to be listened to while doing something or being somewhere if that makes sense.

jrisk

Postby CleanThug » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:39 pm

CleanThug

Postby your private plateau » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 pm

your private plateau

Postby your private plateau » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:19 pm

i feel like grime has such good potential for conceptual projects
i kind of read the Logos record that came out this time last year as an interpretation of space as depicted in action movies... insane production value, uses machine/ weapon sounds as percussion, really plays off of sparcity/ silence, sometimes the synths are like 70's style kind of retro, sometimes they're really overbearing/ intimidating

your private plateau

Postby CPV1 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:40 am

This video has just emerged from 14 years ago of what is essentially, as Blackdown puts it, "the Rosetta Stone of dubstep". It's pretty much the exact point that garage started to transition into dubstep. Where normally DJs would play conventional garage and then throw in a few darker tracks, this set is comprised solely of the dark 2-step sound. In the room is all the producers, distributors and label managers that would go on to establish the scene. Really cool stuff.

CPV1

Postby vgtbls » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:44 pm

It's that time of year, what albums are you guys studying to?

Africa Hitech - 93 Million Miles
Factory Floor - Factory Floor
Ben Frost - By The Throat
Helios - Eingya
Mogwai - Young Team
Earth - Earth 2; Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light Iⅈ The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull

vgtbls

Postby vgtbls » Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:44 pm

EMERGENCY MEETING

Paging and

LuckyMe's Advent calendar just dropped a RUSTIE EDIT of AG COOK'S song Beautiful

vgtbls

Postby JewTurk » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:03 pm

alt-J was fucking amazing live, honestly one of the best shows I personally have ever been to.

I'm getting eager to go see Dr. Dog/Hanni El Khatib... Can't wait until February. Seeing From Indian Lakes tomorrow, one of my friends is opening for them so it should be pretty interesting.

JewTurk

Postby klonopin » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:06 pm

double edit: taken!

edit: spoilered cos i'm not actually allowed to offer this on a "public forum"

but we're all friends here, rite?

klonopin

Postby diniro » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:28 pm

Kendrick Lamar debuts untitled song on Colbert's last show. FANTASTIC.

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/p ... rick-lamar

lyrics:

speaking of Run the Jewel, I was the first to upload El-P's Deep Space 9mm video to youtube, 8 years ago. I don't think it shows up in search anymore due to copyright but here it is, with 10 times the view of the newer upload:

diniro

Postby quitter » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:39 am

somebody mentioned green day in passing yesterday and i realized i hadn't listened to them for years (except in the background of tony hawk games), so i downloaded this album and now i'm having flsahbacks of when i was in 3rd grade and we would go in the cellar in one of our friend's house and play the cd and sing along to boulevard of broken dreams and get all quiet when he says fuck and giggle about it :woop:

ig @buzzpresto
quitter

Postby CPV1 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:37 pm

Absolutely incredible lineup at Fabric tomorrow. Possibly the best lineup of the year. All three rooms are absoultely banging. Everyone in London should come down. Looking forward to especially as I've not seen him out before.

Also, more importantly, Islington Council are taking a vote tonight to possibly revoke Fabric's license. If this happens it will be a sad day for nightlife in the UK. It's easily the best club in London with one of the best sound systems in the world. Be sure to sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/p/islington-coun ... -s-license

CPV1

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:02 pm

This is pretty much the best intro guide to dubstep I've found. runs the gamut from 'i can't even tell this is a song and changing between measures' and moderately poppy tracks/albums (london zoo, lockout, etc.). If you like the sound of an artist on here definitely check out their entire discography. i can definitely recommend clubroot's extended discography as well as skream, instra:mental, zomby and benga's works. you listen to grime a lot heck so maybe see who does the production for some MCs you like a lot and they may have solo works as well.

mc-lunar

Postby CPV1 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:02 am

This is definitely required listening. It's from Mary Anne Hobbs' Radio 1 show back in 2006 and is probably the most famous set ever. Marks the point that dubstep started to break through from the underground. It's pretty much just all the biggest names in a room together playing their biggest tracks trying to show the world this new sound they've got.

CPV1

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:06 am

I'll post some Shackleton.

This guy makes some of the coolest sounding electronic music I've heard, he generally mixes the UK Bass sound with a load of african percussion noises, often with cryptic spoken word samples overlayed which sounds fken doep. He's also done some stuff where for the sub-bass sound he used samples of an actual organ's bass notes and that's rad.

council council

DeafIdiotGod

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Fri Dec 19, 2014 8:37 pm

^^

DeafIdiotGod

Postby soggy » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:25 pm

Makkonen is growing on me and I feel this remix heavy

This whole Redbull 20before15 series is nice in general and its kinda odd watching redbull evolve into a lifestyle brand (eSports ventures, music, etc.) but I think they're doing a great job

yung waitzkin
soggy

Postby nick » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:39 pm

is anyone still ripping sick guitar solos in 2014? honest question

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby momjeans » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:07 am

anybody else watching this spf420 holiday show?

http://www.spf420.com/

been some cool internet producers so far and ryan hemsworth is about to go on in a sec

momjeans

Postby mahi-mahi » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:47 pm

Explosions in the Sky is my favorite band.

mahi-mahi

Postby JewTurk » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:57 am

What's everyones experience with living room shows?

Kind of indecisive on if I want to go see S. Carey or not, never been to a living room show.

JewTurk

Postby haz » Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:59 pm

haz

PreviousNext

Return to Care