[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music, Conversation

Postby stappard_ » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:47 am

Funnily enough as I read through those I thought "oh Novelist and Stormzy, they won't win because they're standard urban nods"

I think Years & Years are probably a good shout, their sound is quite zeitgeisty right now and they're not too controversial

stappard_

Postby CPV1 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:01 am

Hopefully Novelist has more luck with this than his campaign for Lewisham's young mayor.

CPV1

Postby frogosaurus » Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:15 pm

Anyone been following the DG and Jenny Death madness? The subreddit is such a hilarious shit show right now, but I'm still super hyped for JD. If you haven't been following, there's some clues that they might be going on tour again and the whole thing may not even be over. Bananas.

frogosaurus

Postby klonopin » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:45 am

klonopin

Postby JewTurk » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:39 am

Got my tickets to see Swans down here in Tucson in April. Beyond excited.

JewTurk

Postby CPV1 » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:47 pm

Yeah, Novelist is cool. I love the fact that he keeps it grimey and, seeing as the old school sound is so popular at the moment, it's the perfect time for him to do so.

He also puts in bare effort. Like he's turned up to pretty much every grime night I've been to in the last year. Even if he's not booked to MC, he still comes to hang out and meet people and support the scene.

My only issue with him is that he often falls back on the same bars again and again during a night. Like bigger, more experienced MCs will just keep pulling out fresh ones. While with Novelist, I feel like I hear the same ones again and again, so by the end its kinda boring, even if they are good. I suppose that'll just improve as he gets better over time.

But yeah, hes deffo going places. 'Take Time' was probably grime tune of the year for me as well.

CPV1

Postby easthastings » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:12 am

So Death Grips released an instrumental album and it's called Fashion Week. What do you guys think? I find it hard to have a good conversation about Death Grips because I their publicity stunts and fandom tend to overshadow their actual music. So far I'm liking it more than the last few albums they've done.

easthastings

Postby stappard_ » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:39 pm

Working my way through this. Loads of highlights but Caribou at 1:16 really hits the spot early on

stappard_

Postby zayg » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:19 pm

zayg

Postby theweathercock » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:37 pm

I've really been feeling ska lately. Mostly 3rd wave stuff like reel big fish. There cover of "Take on Me" is outstanding. Can anyone suggest some albums I should listen to?

It is what it is and it's pretty good
theweathercock

Postby stappard_ » Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:29 am

you might already know but Hessle Audio are in Manchester next month which will be top

stappard_

Postby CPV1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:02 am

Speaking of Hessle Audio, you seen at the moment, ? Truly a thing of beauty. The Ben UFO, Jackmaster night will be mad.

CPV1

Postby stappard_ » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:13 am

stappard_

Postby chadnik » Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:24 am

chadnik

Postby CPV1 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:21 pm

Yeah, innit.

Ben Klock
Marcel Dettmann
Elijah & Skilliam
Floating Points
Leon Vynehall

Jheeze!

CPV1

Postby copknocks » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:02 am

https://soundcloud.com/mike-roberts-76/ ... iyah-remix

i made this. idk if this is really the place to post it but afaik we don't have any sort of music producers' thread.
listen 2 it if u want

recoveringcatholics.tumblr.com
copknocks

Postby frogosaurus » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:35 pm

Anyone know of any good iTunes substitutes for Mac? Tired of Apple and their copyright law bullshit.

frogosaurus

Postby bird.in.flight » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:57 am

New RBMA chat with 細野 晴臣, member of Yellow Magic Orchestra, Happy End and countless others, among the most popular figures in contemporary Japanese music

bird.in.flight

Postby bird.in.flight » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:00 am

Also, new Burial in full for anyone who hasn't heard

bird.in.flight

Postby dzogchen » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:11 pm

wrong thread sorry guys

dzogchen

Postby CPV1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Interesting article on the history of the rewind: https://medium.com/cuepoint/wheel-it-up ... fdcff243d9

CPV1

Postby BobbyZamora » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:43 am

I can't listen to Sun Kil Moon because his voice is too similar to Jon Lajoie's.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:42 pm

Just watched Birdman and Antonio Sanchez's soundtrack is incredible. It's almost entirely frantic jazz drumming and it matches the tense and discomforting atmosphere of the film perfectly. It was recorded in a really interesting way, initially Sanchez composed drum themes for all the characters but the director scrapped that idea and took him to the filming locations and had him improvise along to each scene, meaning there are changes in theme timed exactly to when a character enters a door, pauses in speech or anything else that causes the atmosphere to change. One scene in particular has a character speaking impassionedly to another while walking down a street with this incessant drumming happening in the background and it comes out sounding like beat poetry. For half the film I was just there with a big grin on my face bobbing my head to the score.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby L_Dawg » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:02 pm

article about Jarbas Agnelli, a Brazilian artist who takes images and patterns from everyday life and turns them into music

http://noisey.vice.com/en_uk/read/yntht ... heet-music

L_Dawg

Postby bird.in.flight » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:50 pm

bird.in.flight

Postby momjeans » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:28 pm

kanyes new video, directed by spike jonze.

honestly think he did really well with this one. feels really nostalgic and adds a lot to the song imo.

momjeans

Postby bird.in.flight » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:53 pm

bird.in.flight

Postby zayg » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:04 am

One of my favorite bands covers one of my all time favorite songs. Worth a listen/watch.

zayg

Postby Blastoise » Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:25 pm

Anyone else into Rush? They're about to go out on their 40th anniversary tour, which is going to be their last big tour. I've seen them twice already but I'm going to see them when they stop at the Xcel here in May. I have two finals that night and I'll have to sprint to catch the train but it'll be more than worth it. Absolutely one of the best live shows out there, they're unreal.

Also going to Tycho again in March with a few friends. Last show was a lot of fun.

Blastoise

Postby JewTurk » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:01 am

Valentines day weekend is going to be amazing.

Seeing S. Carey live (of Bon Iver) on Friday, sunday night we're seeing The Dodos and then monday we're seeing Dr. Dog!!!

I've been more involved with Tucson's local music scene more and more lately. I just finished talking with some guys at a local venue that is non-profit asking if they'd let me photograph concerts in exchange for allowing them to use them on their facebook etc. Free concerts, free photography practice, not a bad deal.

JewTurk

PreviousNext

Return to Care