[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music, Conversation

Postby momjeans » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:52 am

cassie's vocal performance on me & u is straight up amazing i love pop music

momjeans

Postby jrisk » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:13 am

new sufjan stevens out on March 31st! preview below:

[youtube]?v=3vj9s0U2U2o[/youtube]

jrisk

Postby dzogchen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:57 am

A big music review site here in Belgium just called Alt-J "the Radiohead of our generation". And they weren't ironic. smh. Don't wanna complain too much but music journalism here is a joke. it's a shame.

dzogchen

Postby thephfactor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:36 pm

I for sure want to go. A very solid, consistent lineup imo.

thephfactor

Postby thephfactor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:00 pm

ugh my bro lives in Eau Claire and that festival sounds awesome but this is better imo. I'm planning, as heavily as you can five months in advance, to go. I'll buy the tix probably Tuesday or Wednesday. And we should 1000% meet up, maybe get some chicago c-ters in on it too.

thephfactor

Postby alby » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:26 pm

I'm so torn between P4k (better lineup imo) and going camping in Claire. I could probably get the p4k tickets for free, which also makes it mildly more appealing.

check your local radio stations, that's where I will try to get them from. Last few years my friend did that and she brought me along last year (thanks karen (love))

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby thephfactor » Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:57 pm

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS I LOVE YOU HONEYBEAR
i'm so ashamed
father john misty is LITERALLY my jam. cannot believe this. god dammit.
EDIT: I've been looking forward to this since NOfuckingVEMBER how did I not realize

thephfactor

Postby Chimpskibot » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:04 am

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czLQoG01PFs[/youtube]

Getting money is easy...Keeping it is the hard part
Chimpskibot

Postby JewTurk » Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:23 pm

Dr. Dog was fucking amazing, I got to talk to Scott in the parking lot, they parked their tour van right by the venue and were walking around talking with people up until the show. They grabbed people to sing on stage, they jumped into the crowd and were going nuts, it was fucking awesome.

Scott was a cool dude, he walked around barefoot and looked like a little hobbit drinking his tea, he was probably 5'3" or so, super cute.

JewTurk

Postby momjeans » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Tink seems so cool. Her mixtapes aren't perfect in my eyes, but they show a ton of potential, and I'm super excited for her work with timbaland.

momjeans

Postby ramseames » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:18 pm

"But what can he [timbaland] teach her that she doesn't already know?"

Lmao

I liked her on movin bass but that's a foolish thing to say

ramseames

Postby prawnzee » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:25 am

prawnzee

Postby stappard_ » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:58 am

FKA Twigs is ace live highly recommended

stappard_

Postby CPV1 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:45 pm

Oh my God.

CPV1

Postby CPV1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:41 am

So yeah, really incredible night. Probably in the top 10 that I've ever been to.

Thought Loefah and Plastician had the best sets. The highlight of the night being Plastician playing '3k Lane' into 'Intensive Snare' into 'Japan' into 'Shallow Grave' into 'Round the World Girls'.

Kode9 was seriously wicked as well. As the only real DJ with the authority to play Burial tunes, it was nice to hear him close his set with 'Archangel'.

I suppose what was cool was that it was all about the nostalgia. Like everyone there knew we'll probably never see a lineup like this ever again so we had to make the most of it. It was getting quite emotional in there by the end.

Normally at dubstep nights these days when tunes like 'Midnight Request Line' and 'Anti War Dub' get played people roll their eyes. But on Saturday that was exactly the kinda thing that people wanted to hear.

Here's Benga and Skream droppping '26 Basslines' - https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153084245760185

CPV1

Postby eufemism » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:47 pm

PND, Earl, and La Dispute concerts all really close to each other

r.i.p my wallet

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby sparkyoriental » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:37 pm

Interpol is coming to my city soon! Cue nostalgia for Antics and Turn on the Bright Lights.

Also, bands similar to La Dispute? I'm just starting to get into that genre of music.

sparkyoriental

Postby prawnzee » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:45 pm

punk rules

oh and the NEØV show was really really good! never seen anything quite like that before, it was something really special honestly

more images from the concert here (bonus points if someone locates me)

prawnzee

Postby Yoder » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:46 pm

wow, seeing cage the elephant and bleachers in june at this new festival in town for only 15 bucks!

Yoder

Postby silvaeri » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:37 pm

barley hay Jepsen is catch as fuck

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:40 pm

mc-lunar

Postby ervhio » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:27 pm

Image Image Image

All about that scaling

ervhio

Postby Thomnd » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:30 pm

Pretty cool talk with Sam Shepherd with some nice tunes thrown in

Thomnd

Postby CleanThug » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:58 pm

New Kendrick album is available via iTunes and spotify. Haven't listened to all of it yet so I can't comment on the thing as a whole just yet but there are some sick tracks on there.

Wesley's theory is gr8

CleanThug

Postby nevergreen » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:20 pm

anyone going to coachella?

nevergreen

Postby anonomous » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Such a funky, jazzy album. Can't find anything that I don't like about this album.

Production: Very solid and tight production, lots of layers upon each other and different sounds happening in the background yet they don't clash with each other. This is one of those albums you just have to listen from beginning to the end to understand exactly the theme/concept that Kendrick is trying to convey. This is most probably the most cohesive album I've ever heard in a while.

Lyrically: Very strong, deep and self conscious lyrics that talk about self realisation, depression, his rise to fame, how he handles fame, self-love, caterpillars, butterflies and ultimately racial issues. One of my favourite things about Kendrick is his spoken word poetry. He really knows how to deliver a story to the listener yet grab your emotions. Listening to his conversation with Tupac is truly interesting and a good outro to the album.

Fav Songs:
These walls - The first beat drop just sets the mood for the whole song and gives an overall 'feel good' jizz is what I loved about it.
Wesley's theory - Such a good intro to the album.
Alright - Very chill beat with amazing flow, delivery and lyrics.
Hood Politics - The intro to the beat is just so catchy. Did you guys hear the shout out to killer mike?
The Blacker the Berry - Very upbeat and the drums 'bang' very hard. Kendrick's delivery and flow on this song is really good. I love that there has been this recent rise of hip hop artists having Assassin feature in their songs. (e.g. I'm in it - Kanye)
i - I kind of prefer the album version to the radio version as it feels more cohesive in the album and feels more raw than what the radio version can offer.

In conclusion, I find it very interesting that he would use funk/jazz as the main sound of this album because if you put it together with his lyrical content, it is essentially very deeply rooted into the african american culture/music. This album is very different sounding compared to what he has done in the past so I don't think I should be comparing this album against things he has released in the past. In some ways this album is very polarising but i love it. People expecting bangers and upbeat hip hop beats will come in and leave disappointed for sure. But most importantly, will this album stand the test of time like GKMC did? We shall know.

anonomous

Postby frogosaurus » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Def agree with the Section.80 comparison heck, feels like much less of a focused story (a la GKMC) and is more flowing and expansive as a whole. Also expands on some of the spoken word stuff he did then.

Things I really like:

- The different version of "i" – fits much better into the album IMO, and when's the last time an artist changed the lead single for an album this big to better fit with said album?

- The repetitions -- there's a particular set of lines, can't remember which right now cause I'm at work, that he repeats throughout the middle of the album about struggling with his fame and influence in a very profound way.

- The production – fucking wow is all i can say. I love that I frequently can't tell when one song ends and another begins, love the jazz influences, love the looseness of it, love everything about it.

- The Blacker the Berry - wasn't crazy about it the first time I heard it but when it came on I had to sit the fuck down I was so excited. Incredible track.

It sounds corny, but this album feels very Important -- for music, popular culture, Kendrick, me, everybody. I also like how it fits in with You're Dead! and D'Angelo's Black Messiah, they have a similar feel to them and TPAB fills in a lot of the gaps in between.

What a time to be a music fan.

frogosaurus

Postby anonomous » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:36 pm

listening to the album again while high is blowing my mind even more [8] :sweg:

anonomous

Postby eufemism » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:36 pm

Earl bout to drop the hottest album of the year

the devil wears prada just announced a new ep this summer

not to mention all the hip hop and r&b albums that are coming out

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby zayg » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:33 pm

while you're all listening to mac demarco and ducktails and other jangly stuff (jk you're actually listening to kendrick and i don't blame you), you should also be checking out spectrals

zayg

PreviousNext

Return to Care