[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music, Conversation

Postby hig » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:55 pm

mr wonderful and jenny death leaks

my life is officially over

hig

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:16 pm

All Tomorrow's Parties is officially returning to the UK for festivals! This is absolutely fantastic news, ATP is the best festival experience I've ever had. Basically they just take over a holiday camp location like Butlins for a weekend and turn it into a little village full of music fans. At festivals you often get a fair share of arseholes but I never encountered any at ATP. Also all the musicians stay in the same accommodation as the punters so you can meet your favourite band wondering about the place, my mate and I met Bradford Cox and Avey Tare in the same day when we were at the Deerhunter one.

Unfortunately, the organisation had been experiencing financial troubles so they had to stop doing festivals in the UK. Funnily enough their Iceland events, initially an offshoot, have been carrying on just fine, heck the ATP Iceland lineup this year is brilliant but I can't afford to fly to Iceland for a festival. Either way, it looks like they're making a long awaited return to the UK which I am very pleased with.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby momjeans » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:00 pm

what does every1 think of jenny death so far?

rly liking it on 1st listen

pss pss is super tite nd i like on gp in the context of the album more than i did as a single.

momjeans

Postby bels » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:19 pm

I am old

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bobo77 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:59 pm

new Bronson, new Kendrick, new Death Grips mmmmm. glad I have a long bus ride Saturday to digest it all.

bobo77

Postby silvaeri » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:33 am

grimes is dreamy as fuck

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby bird.in.flight » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:58 am

https://www.mixcloud.com/NTSRadio/float ... arch-2015/

Alright lads

@Smiles still reminds me of Sam/Floating Points

bird.in.flight

Postby smiles » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:14 am

really enjoyed that, can you recommend any other mixes or artists that sound similar to it?

the soul and Moroccan bits especially.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bird.in.flight » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:53 am

Glad you liked it, Four Tet's back to back sets with Floating Points are always fantastic

Their 6 hour closing set from Plastic People is one of my favourite mixes of all time, one of the most emotive and eclectic mixes I've heard - it's a masterful display of atmosphere and the limits you can explore in a club environment. Got a mix of soul, UKG, disco, a ton of different strains of Brazilian music

The moroccan piece early on in the show is actually a collaboration between Sam (Floating Points) and Mahmoud Guinia - most of his stuff is released on the domestic moroccan market, but there is some live performances on youtube that I've seen, including this Boiler Room performance from last year

And a performance in that Gnawa style from Mohamed Kouyou during the same Boiler Room session

For the disco/boogie/modern soul stuff, Floating Points has two "You're a Melody" mixes - I've only listened to the first, might actually listened to the second tonight, but the first gets a huge vote of approval - named for the Aged in Melody tune played towards the end of the first mix which is a fantastic single

You might like Invisible City as well - they reissue a lot of African, South American and Carribean dance music, and spin a lot of that stuff & modern soul and boogie - stuff that Four Tet and Floating Points also play. I was so blown away by them and Tako when they opened for Theo Parrish that I went and saw them the next night at another venue

There's also the other Floating Point b2b Four Tet mixes on NTS, all of which I really enjoyed and are on the NTS mixcloud

bird.in.flight

Postby bird.in.flight » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:48 am

That reminds me of a little mix I did last December

Some brazilian, gambian and nigerian stuff, funk, soul and disco, and some synthpop

Tracklist

Also @ NY care-tag members: Floating Points and Four Tet are doing a show in NY next month, don't know if it'll be Kieran doing live stuff and Sam supporting him or if it'll be back to back DJing but worth checking out either way
http://www.songkick.com/concerts/230561 ... -at-output

bird.in.flight

Postby bird.in.flight » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:19 am

Also if you're in London and want a cool way to spend the weekend, you could be buying records (or one of those snazzy eglo x carhartt tees) from Kieran and Sam

Soul Jazz, Now Again and plenty other great labels doing it as well

bird.in.flight

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:33 pm

Ok so a freelance writer wrote this editorial for Pitchfork and it's sparked a fair bit of controversy

http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/710-the-u ... -of-indie/

DeafIdiotGod

Postby CMYK » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:36 pm

So those new Jamie XX tracks... And the HudMo single. I know which two albums I'll be listening to this summer.

CMYK

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:12 pm

To Pimp a Butterfly is amazing but it's literally wall-to-wall poetry and significance, listening to it the first few times feels like i'm preparing for a test

can't wait for At.Long.Last.A$AP, i'm such a blatant a$ap stan it's embarrassing

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby rublev » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:56 pm

i forgot how beautiful this was especially the last 3 minutes or so... give me some choral music and strange time signatures and i die

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:58 pm

also i kinda hate nico muhly 'cos he's only like 12 years old and sound like a arvo part / p glass

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bird.in.flight » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:41 am

Uploaded a couple RBMA lectures to youtube so I could free up a little harddrive space, the Theo Parrish one is paricularly recommended

bird.in.flight

Postby eufemism » Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:11 pm

just got back from the Earl concert

zelooperz, remy banks, and vince staples were all great. vince played stuff from hell can wait. 65 hunnid was hype af

earl was amazing. he performed like he was pissed off and was spitting straight fire

Pre goes hard as fuckkkkkkkkkkkk live brehs uneeknowit

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby bird.in.flight » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:25 am

bird.in.flight

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:02 pm

Awww shit James Blake and the crew are doing a DJ set in Manchester next week. A mate was saying just yesterday how we never take advantage of Manchester's supposedly great nightlife and then this comes up, I just need to convince people to go.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby eufemism » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:22 pm

new t-pain mixtape is nice check it

that t-pain x big krit x bun b track was fire

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:36 am

Last edited by Syeknom on Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed youtube link

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby eyealt » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:25 pm

NEW FRANKY O COMING THIS SUMMER. THIS HAS MADE MY DAY.

eyealt

Postby zayg » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:50 pm

if every album was as good as this album then we would never need to have favorite albums

zayg

Postby rublev » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:50 pm

chorus to ride by lana del rey is so fleetwood mac i love it

i listened to my first lana song a few days ago

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:00 am

what is your fave bjork song? forgot how 100% hands down woah homogenic was but i still think this does it the most for me

also the video... :o

rublev
Political Editor

Postby rublev » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:12 am

from the video comments

thanks brian

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Crow_Shit » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:10 pm

go listen to Nils Frahm's new album "Solo" gotta love modern classical