[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:40 pm

For those who don't know, 0PN - Garden Of Delete leaked the other day and it's absolutely insane. I'm getting some R Plus Seven vibes except without the tinny sound and much more aggressive, I've never heard anything by him that's as hard hitting as the material on this album.

Best Moments for me:
"What's wrong with the wor*rl+-%lll&^d@#d~~" in Sticky Drama
5:59 onwards in Mutant Standard
When I Bite Through It goes off the chain
3:09 onwards in Freaky Eyes

The cover is this screen from a dungeon RPG from the 80s but with all the vectors messed about, I thought that was pretty fun.

Also I've just heard this track and it's sick.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby bird.in.flight » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:51 am

bird.in.flight

Postby rjbman » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:13 pm

A very famous non-musician celebrity is dropping a prog rock album soon.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Re: Music is my boyfriend

Postby dzogchen » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:39 pm

how good is that latest miguel album? a friend of mine says he likes only two tracks of it, which is weird b/c the album is so consistent

dzogchen

Postby Suquida » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:24 am

Anyone heard this? It's a collab between big boi and phantogram, pretty sick

Suquida

Postby bleeker » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:07 am

Last edited by bleeker on Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bleeker

Postby cormac » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:18 pm

[youtube]watch?v=XYQrsnK6gNY[/youtube]

fits my mood and general thoughts as of late, I think

cormac

Postby Suquida » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:39 am

This is like a perfect mix of garage rock and...not garage rock. I dunno. It's really good. Listen to it.

Plus Clem is adorable :3

Also, huh, apparently this happened - "Last year, Saint Laurent Creative Director and arbiter of cool Hedi Slimane tapped Creevy and her band to write a track specifically for his women's fashion show."

http://www.nylon.com/articles/meet-clem ... e-rockstar

Suquida

Postby can- » Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:52 am

this album still bangs

can-

Postby rjbman » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:54 pm

Shoutout to , thanks for the heads up.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby dzogchen » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:11 pm

it's not true :(

dzogchen

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:40 pm

The past months I've been all about trapsoul/bedroomtrap/bedroom RnB (not liking the genre name but it is what it is):
Artists like PartyNextDoor, Bryson Tiller, Travi$ Scott, Post Malone, Roy Woods are my favorites. (Miss you old Drake :'()

Would love any suggestions if anyone's got some!

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby harmsalmon » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:42 pm

my radio show '2075' will be on air again tonight from midnight-2am EST! tonight's selection will mostly be entry-level hipster garbage so make sure u tune in :cool:

listen in @

harmsalmon

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:37 am

link should be working now, ty!

harmsalmon

Postby bird.in.flight » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:45 am

just paid off a pristine copy of one of my favourite albums ever - anyone who hasn't heard this uniquely beautiful masterpiece should give it a listen, unlike any "jazz" album you've ever heard

bird.in.flight

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:48 pm

fucking hell, the new remix of say you will with background vocals is MASSIVE

haven't really been listening to ye much lately but if this is any hint towards the kind of stuff that we'll see on SWISH (coherent w only one!!) then i'm very ready to get hype

and on a totally different note i've been listening to a lot of ambient recently. only started listening to the genre a couple months ago but there's some WONDERFUL music there. Popul Vuh's In den Gärten Pharaos is definitely my favorite album so far but i'm really also enjoying everything bohren & der club of gore has put out as well as brian eno stuff (obviously). Biosphere also has a super interesting album called "substrata" (genre: "arctic ambient") that i recommend listening to. someone described it as "the soundtrack to a silent film involving an investigation into the disappearance of God" and i actually thought that was fitting. popol vuh below spoiler

mc-lunar

Postby shyan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:04 pm

Listen to Tory Lanez

shyan

Postby can- » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:46 am

holy shit this video bangs

can-

Postby harmsalmon » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:49 am

le1f is playing at my school on halloween!!

harmsalmon

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:32 am

Got to go to a Kendrick Lamar concert a few nights ago, probably the best show I've ever been to (not that I've been to that many). He had The Wesley Theory backing him, and hearing some of his older songs like Backstreet Freestyle and M.A.A.D. city with drums, a guitar, a bass, and a keyboard was super cool. Very intimate show, he took a lot of time to talk to the audience and express himself. He stopped for 5-10 minutes a little past halfway through his set to just talk to the audience and tell us how he was feeling. Afterwards him and Jay Rock came out to sign vinyls. I wasn't sure if it was just vinyls at first so I bought a poster, and then he came out and it really was vinyls only, so I got back in the merch line and bought a vinyl. Totally worth getting the opportunity to shake their hands and tell them that the show was great.

RomanEmpire

Postby bird.in.flight » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:54 am

bird.in.flight

Postby can- » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:24 pm

this amazing woman often sings in a subway station near me

audio is crap but it's really amazing to me how she fills up so much space with her voice-- she plays on a huge, open subway platform-- and i think that comes across in the video.

can-

Postby bird.in.flight » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:07 pm

seeing jamie tiller and awesome tapes from africa tonight, should be fantastic

also apparently brian/atfa is gonna have a merch table so i'm probably going to buy the couple records on awesome tapes i don't have

bird.in.flight

Postby WussWayne » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:49 am

Your top 10 2015 albums so far?

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby bird.in.flight » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:18 pm

floating points - elaina
joe mcphee and john snyder - to be continued (archival release)
four tet - morning/evening
sk kakraba - songs of paapieye ‎
holly herndon - platform
masami kawaguchi - the mad guitar sings
charles cohen - brother i prove you wrong

only have 7 albums i really liked this year, don't really keep up with current music in the album format

bird.in.flight

Postby mc-lunar » Sat Nov 07, 2015 12:56 am

mc-lunar

Postby can- » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:20 am

bieber bout to drop the hottest album of 2015 not even joking

can-

Postby bird.in.flight » Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:09 am

bird.in.flight

Postby nevergreen » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:56 pm

for those of you who know Eyedea, it would have been his 34th birthday today. his music helped me get through so much when I was a dark place and even tho I never got a chance to meet him I feel like I was able to connect with him in an unbelievable way. time to listen to all his music today and cry to some of his songs. First Born is still one of my favorite albums of all time. The Dive and Well Being (The Dive Part 2) is still some of the best 9 minutes of music I've ever heard

and some personal favorites

if you've never listened to his music you really owe it to yourself to, even if you don't like hip hop. eyedea's music is like no other. REyeP

nevergreen

Postby jjetpants » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:39 pm

2k15 tops so far:

I haven't listened to Grimes or Oneohtrix Point Never yet but they will likely rank up there.

jjetpants

PreviousNext

Return to Care