[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music is my boyfriend

Postby WussWayne » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:57 am

Kendrick's EP is better than TPAB. Also Seun Kuti and Egypt 80 maybe the best live show I've seen all summer. The energy was insane and Seun got so into it dude had to strip off his shirt because he was sweating too much from all the jazz solos and body contortions he was doing

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby Copeland » Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:57 pm

I'm a little obsessed with this Kanye- Heartless cover by a French pop artist. Her album is pretty good also:

Copeland

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:52 am

being a rap fan is fucking exhausting right now, too many amazing new projects

i've given up and now i'm listening to lil yachty on repeat

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby CMYK » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:38 am

CMYK

Postby rjbman » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:37 pm

Goes into the various big songwriting / production factories that essentially create all the top hits, along with exploring some of the artists who have collaborated with them. Max Martin, Dr. Luke, Britney, Backstreet Boys, N*SYNC, Kelly Clarkson (and American Idol), Rihanna, Ke$ha, and Katy Perry, etc.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby rjbman » Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:11 pm

rjbman

Postby popcorn » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:06 pm

popcorn

Postby popcorn » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:09 pm

I love Wilco because these themes of forlorn and loss (that one album, mainly) finally come in the dad-rock packaging that can stay with me until I am a single dad with three dogs, driving a Nissan leaf with a Dr. Jill Stein bumper sticker.

popcorn

Postby Stolsdos » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:17 pm

I saw Moodymann last night, my whole life has been a lie up to that point.

For real though, best show I've seen since I've been in Austin, plus it was free! Buying official sxsw tickets is for suckers(still recommend buying a wristband for music tho)

Going to the NTS showcase tonight to catch Benjamin Damage and some Teklife dj's(for like the third time this week), should be fun.

Stolsdos

Postby Stolsdos » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:34 pm

Double post, but with good reason, my friend and I(mostly my friend) have been talking to a local techno label to get them to do shows on our radio station. Well my friend got dates and a lineup for the next 9 months, the best DJ's and producers in Texas will be coming in with us and mixing/performing live. Shit is real, maybe I can pick up a few pointers on DJ'ing from them.

But this also means I'll be "in charge" of all that when my friend graduates next year, so that's a huge responsibility that I will pick up(after operating systems thank god).

Stolsdos

Postby _Organism » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:54 pm

I just saw Melt-Banana/The Melvins/Napalm Death on Thursday, amazing show and moshing was great, I haven't been able to in a while.

_Organism

Postby Stolsdos » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:08 pm

- Nah that's at the other end of the tour or something?? Floating points would be dope, but Ben UFO is still an excellent DJ so I'm still excited for him.
Man I can't wait to see Four Tet now, he'll playing with Ben UFO which should be dope.
When I saw Leon Vynehall at sxsw he was pretty good although it was only like an hour long set.

So we had Bill Converse come onto our radio show this past Wednesday and he played some dope tracks in our shitty booth sans mixer and shitty 1200's. He got a little frustrated(understandably so) but we're going to work on fixing that shit up. I guess that's what happens when you and you're friend are the only 2 techno dj's at the station.

I also had a chance to catch a Nation party in a small town in the middle of Texas but I was too tired to drive up and rave in a smoke filled room for 8 hours.
Going to see them anyway on Wednesday doing a little DJ set at a bookstore.

I've also been more and my songs don't sound AS shitty, although I'm still a total amateur. It's fun as hell though and at no cost to me besides my time.

Stolsdos

Postby nevergreen » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:27 am

Anyone listen to Justin Martin's new Hello Clouds? Some bangers for sure, the album release party was the shit. So much good music coming out of Dirtybird rn.

I also wanted to bring up Sia's performance at Coachella this past weekend. Heard I shouldn't miss it so I had to see it. Before that I hadn't ever listened to her songs so I had no idea what to expect, but wow. Truly outstanding, beautiful, breathtaking. There aren't enough words to describe it all. Just wow. I went for mostly the techno, but it was probably my favorite set of the weekend. Wish I could experience it again.

And of course Ice Cube bringing out Dre was the sickest thing ever. He was talking about the members of NWA being on stage and he says there's one missing. Goes "Is there a doctor in the house?" and the crowd all goes OHHHH SHIIIIIIT it was nuts.

For the techno Justin Martin, Adam Beyer & Ida Engberg, Maceo Plex, Walker & Royce, Nicole Moudaber, Dubfire, etc. were all amazing and I got the fuck down. Worth mentioning Despacio was super super cool. Sounded absolutely amazing, but the whole room was sweet. Felt like walking into a 70's club it was so cool the vibes were all great. Plus it was air conditioned which was a nice relief from the desert heat.

Oh right how could I forget Run The Jewels. El-P and Killer Mike both killed it, as usual. The couple songs they played from RTJ3 were good I'm excited for the album.

Dw I definitely saw Sufjan it was great. I was surprised there weren't more people

Last edited by nevergreen on Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nevergreen

Postby bels » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:00 am

I'm trying to listen to more early 2k drum and bass. Any leads?

Last edited by Syeknom on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed embed
bels
Yung Winona

Postby CPV1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:09 am

Whatcha after? Tracks, releases, artists, labels?

CPV1

Postby bels » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:33 am

Labels preferably tbh then I can do my own digging.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CPV1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:17 am

CPV1

Postby can- » Mon May 02, 2016 10:33 pm

not trying to be that guy but lemonade aint BEYONCÉ and views ain't take care so who cares

can-

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed May 04, 2016 8:39 pm

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby can- » Thu May 05, 2016 1:09 pm

there is a wolf sample:

1. at the beginning of Kavinsky's "Nightcall"
2. at the very end of barley hay's "Let's get lost"
3. around 2:55 in Kanye's "Wolves"

it's the same sample. what is its origin? has anyone else noticed it? I feel like jim carrey in that film about numbers.

can-

Postby kyung » Thu May 05, 2016 1:42 pm

its also in the movie clerks according to wikipedia, probably just a stock sound

https://soundcloud.com/alphaiso/kanye-w ... ing-sample

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby Cowboy » Fri May 06, 2016 7:44 am

What's a good pair of headphones at around $30?

I break them way too often so I don't really spend money on them, but if you guys know about any good ones that would be cool.

Cowboy

Postby alby » Fri May 06, 2016 11:18 am

new dg album fucks me in half

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby rjbman » Fri May 06, 2016 12:33 pm

let's be real everyone is listening to james blake

edit: and the second new radiohead song in as many days

rjbman

Postby rjbman » Sun May 08, 2016 12:34 am

My mom in the bar we were in: "Are they playing 70s music?"

It was "I Like the Way You Move" lmao.

rjbman

Postby Thomnd » Sun May 08, 2016 2:27 pm

Oh my god the new Radiohead album has True Love Waits on it

Thomnd

Postby Copeland » Wed May 11, 2016 9:40 pm

Had my list on random and it went to this Junior Boys album/song, forgot it existed, pretty incredible they had this sound in 2004.

Btw any tips on learning Ableton? Wanted to try making music this summer, bought some tutorial book, haven't got around to it. Don't even know which version to pirate or alternatives.

Copeland

Postby hharrissonn » Fri May 13, 2016 12:26 pm

Is anyone else here a walking stereotype who loves female pop performers/groups?

I've found myself gravitating towards pop music over the past few years after getting kind of burnt out on trying way too hard to have "good" taste in music. This coincided with me getting into more mainstream (for lack of a better term) rap and hip-hop like young thug, the game, migos, etc., so my recently played is an eclectic mix of Slime Season 3 and E•MO•TION.

I've really come to appreciate the production value of music made for the radio, and stuff that's produced basically just to slap and create an atmosphere, and that has been something very useful in my own enjoyment of Music. More than that though, Pop music has a lot of weight and depth culturally and is a really cool way to look at wider trends within media and entertainment industry, and I think is unnecessarily written off as vapid and lacking creativity in a way thats super damaging damaging to performers, especially women and people of color (and anyone situated somewhere in their intersection.)

What I'm saying is but E•MO•TION on iTunes.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby vgtbls » Fri May 13, 2016 12:39 pm

E•MO•TION absolutely rips

Good pop is good music. I think it's easier to write some noodly instrumental piece than a great pop song. One of the best purchases of my life was Robyn's "Body Talk Pt. 1" on CD

vgtbls

Postby hirokinakamura » Sat May 14, 2016 11:58 pm

coloring book for AOTY. chance's music makes me want to be a better person.

chance for president.

also the colour in anything is absolutely beautiful. i will fight for you james, your music touches my soul bro.

agree about kaytranada's album, just total joyride from beginning to end.

bottomless pit seems to me a sort of summary of death grips from exmilitary thru the power that be. bits of all their albums seem to have been strung throughout the songs. i very much enjoyed it.

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

PreviousNext

Return to Care