[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music is my boyfriend

Postby Copeland » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:50 am

Some more Nicolas Jaar

About Ahmed and the clock incident:

[youtube]watch?v=V64rBVDJ2rg[/youtube]

Good track from an older EP:

[youtube]v=U8ogYQN2XFk[/youtube]

Capital Children's Choir covering Bjork's Who is It?

[youtube]v=XUqexzxj8Vk[/youtube]

Copeland

Postby ramseames » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:57 am

ramseames

Postby Stolsdos » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:10 am

Sooo like everyone in my techno scene in Austin is fucking moving to LA or whatever. The people that threw all of the shows at least, so my friends and I(mostly my friends) might have to start helping out lmao. At least I've started getting halfway decent at DJing.

Stolsdos

Postby popcorn » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:07 am

guys... Pavement?

popcorn

Postby evilfriends » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:59 am

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard finished their eleventh album: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLaNtxFAtyY/

What is it with psych rock bands and their insane productivity? Mind you, at this point King Gizzard have released 8 albums in the last 4 years which have ranged from very good to amazing. That's 3 full albums just sitting in the pipeline!

Thee Oh Sees and Ty Segall are no different (or used to be no different). It's incredible how those bands can basically be touring for the whole year and still get three or four full length lp's done!

evilfriends

Postby meatjacket » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:36 am

no fuckin way dude! i LOVE king gizzard! I actually jam along with them and learn by ear and theyve definitely inspired me a lot lately. Just bought the nonagon infinity record a couple weeks ago :-)
and yeah man idk what it is with psych rock but bands love to put out amazing pieces of art.

What do you guys think of the new Growlers Record? City Club is definitely a veering left turn the band took with their direction that i could see a lot of people not being too fond of. When you compare albums Are You In or Are You Out? and Chinese Fountain, the difference is absolutely massive and yet they still have a very "weird, eerie" tone that makes you want to dance, sing, cry and hang out. Julian definitely had a heavy hand in production (loved to hear his voice on one of the tracks just as a fanboy). A lot of tunes make me think of the Voidz/Strokes (Vacant Lot/Dope on a Rope), yet they still have a very growlers feel. A concept album for sure, not my favorite and not the worst, but it's still a great record that would go greatly as a soundtrack to your drive down the highway at 11pm (highly recommend Night Ride)

meatjacket

Postby Copeland » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:39 pm

Didn't realize this till recently but Dev Hynes/Blood Orange is like a style savant. Just got around to his new album and it's been one of my favorites of this year.

The definitive normcore single from 2013

Also, Bon Iver album is terrible, like what the fuck, how do people get fooled by that shit.

Copeland

Postby jrisk » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:46 pm

you're gonna have elaborate on why you keep calling that track "normcore"

jrisk

Postby Copeland » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 pm

It's just the clothes, I think he was like hailed as a normcore icon when that word was going around but I didn't pay attention.

edit: yea I think I posted it on SF when people were asking about what they thought normcore was.

I'm a hermit so this was my only exposure.

Copeland

Postby jrisk » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:05 pm

Beginning Stages - A look into Solange’s songwriting process & jam sessions that shaped ASATT

[youtube]?v=KqpZYAKJQko[/youtube]

jrisk

Postby radicalbusiness » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:56 pm

Thoughts on the new Nicolas Jaar? Been really digging it. Reminds me a lot of his stuff from Darkside, was surprisingly funky as well. New D.R.A.M. is fun too. Deffo some new additions to my party playlists from both.

radicalbusiness

Postby rjbman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:25 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby setfiretoflames » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:30 pm

setfiretoflames

Postby ramseames » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:57 pm

semi surprising to see clams on the #savefabric wagon

great song anyway

ramseames

Postby Copeland » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:57 pm

Been going through old Fennesz:

Copeland

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:00 am

am i a basic bitch for just now getting into tame impala

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:01 pm

bo en's new single is innovative and fun! amazing stuff -- his songwriting has definitely grown more complex. excited for the coming EP

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby nevergreen » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:23 pm

Funcrusher by Company Flow was released two decades ago. A good size write up was just published on the group (El-P, Bigg Jus, and DJ Mr. Len) about how they/the EP changed underground hip-hop. I'll let the article do the talking, it was a really interesting read. https://noisey.vice.com/en_us/article/2 ... ground-rap

If you're a fan of hip-hop and haven't heard the LP, you need to stop what you're doing and get on it right now.

IF I HAVE TO LIVE ON THIS EARTH WITHOUT SIGHT I'LL BE THE ILLEST BLIND BASTARD TO EVER TOUCH THE MIC

nevergreen

Postby Northwest » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:35 am

Haunting, hypnotic voice. New new new new york?

At the Neptune in Seattle this Monday (Toro y Moi to clarify, not Kool A.D.)

Of course.

Nils Frahm anytime and always.

The hero we don't deserve.

Northwest

Postby alby » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:39 pm

new XX

feels more jamie influenced and im digging it. both of their voices are so beautiful. i was never a big fan of either of the first albums (thought the A side on both were excellent but got bored by the end of the albums) but I am excited for this still.

10 songs in total, the record will be released on January 13, 2017

1. ‘Dangerous’
2. ‘Say Something Loving’
3. ‘Lips’
4. ‘A Violent Noise’
5. ‘Performance’
6. ‘Replica’
7. ‘Brave For You’
8. ‘On Hold’
9. ‘I Dare You’
10. ‘Test Me’

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby mellow » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:29 pm

Gonna see Yussef Kamaal on Saturday, performing from their new album Black Focus. Haven't heard it fully but I did get a listen of this and it's amazing! Check it out if you're into Jazz:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYUR38Yo8aw[/youtube]

(in case the link isn't embedded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYUR38Yo8aw)

mellow

Postby Copeland » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:26 pm

Leonard Cohen has departed.

Copeland

Postby BobbyZamora » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:07 pm

lido is everything

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:08 pm

RIP What.CD the greatest music resource on the internet. If you weren't a member W.CD was a private music tracker(torrents), that housed over a million unique albums all of which were categorized and available in multiple qualities some of which weren't available anywhere else on the internet. On top of that there were a huge amount of user made collages which were not only similar albums and artists but unique things like "Album covers with women wearing pink". I haven't really used it in a long time after I got Spotify premium(before hand I was a power user) but it was truly a one of a kind website who's hole won't be filled for quite sometime.

Article explaining what happened.

I had about the same maybe even more, I had hit over a Tb uploaded fairly recently. But I'm not too bummed about the buffer I'm just bummed such a great site is gone.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby mujicorp » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:08 pm

It's incredibly upsetting to see what cd go, but at least slsk is going strong for being a way to download super niche/obscure shit.
it'll lack the sense of community that what had though

mujicorp

Postby CPV1 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Aaaand Fabric's back!! - https://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=37365

Might head down after work, see if Sky wanna do a little follow up interview. ;D

CPV1

Postby BobbyZamora » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:10 pm

had no idea Donald Glover could sing like this, this is fucking awesome. thickly layered funkadelic influence

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby nevergreen » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:45 am

nevergreen

Postby mc-lunar » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:24 am

an article...about vaporwave...that actually talks about the subgenres and the actual music...doesnt bog it down with meaningless comparisons to seapunk and witch house...doesn't talk about mtv's website and rihanna's music videos...doesn't talk about "simpsons wave"..and acknowledges that there are more artists than the ones that were popular in 2012?????

https://daily.bandcamp.com/2016/11/21/v ... nres-list/

this is a good article.

mc-lunar

Postby riley » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:09 am

anyone give the new burial single a listen? not quite sure how i feel about it yet, gonna need to give it a few more spins, but still its very exciting to see a new release

riley

PreviousNext

Return to Care