[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music is my boyfriend

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:32 pm

C U L T U R E

SKRT SKRT

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby jrisk » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:46 pm

has anybody been to any cool concerts lately?

saw D.R.A.M. last week and had a great time. the crowd was great, everybody there was singing along to cute and broccoli. they shot money out into the crowd during cash machine lol.

got a solid list coming up in the next few months, highlights being noname, vince staples, john k samson (where my weakerthan fans at) and mitski for the third time.

jrisk

Postby popcorn » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:48 am

I showed someone Jens Lekman, and she showed me Sweet Trip in return. This is symbiosis.

popcorn

Postby madlib » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:37 pm

The coolest

madlib

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:29 pm

Anyone here know Jacob Mann? He's mainly known for making the (hilarious) One Minute Jazz Lessons series on YT but he's got some actual projects out which are extremely good.

One Minute Jazz Lesson:

Jacob Mann Big Band (featuring all three members of Moonchild on horns and Louis Cole from KNOWER on drums):

Shrek Is Love (jazz funk songs about shrek that are far better than songs about shrek have any business being):

There's also this ditty about Jill Stein that grooves hard:

[youtube]PjcVunp18Ig&t=36s[/youtube]

DeafIdiotGod

Postby popcorn » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:07 am

Ended my friendship with Depressive Late 90's, Early 00's Lo-Fi Indie Rock.

Early 00's Ambient Drone is my best friend now.

popcorn

Postby BIGBEE » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:20 pm

anyone interested in doing a cd exchange? like the care share

albums @windowflowers

BIGBEE

Postby Copeland » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:45 pm

been listening to this william basinski bowie tribute a lot off of the new album

Copeland

Postby Stingray Sam » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:30 pm

I'm not sure if anyone here likes the rap group Clipping at all, but they released a new afro-futurist sci-fi concept album last September. It's a great album that pushes the boundaries of what rap music can be. The album is sonically dense, with Daveed Diggs (of Hamilton fame) rapping his signature blazing fast flow over strange and incredible sci-fi inspired beats. The album also utilizes American slave songs and the musical traditions that came out them in a dynamic and intelligent way. The lyrical content of the album follows the evolving relationship between a spaceship's AI and escaped slave 2331, and also explores common sci-fi themes through a unique afro-futurist lense. Heavy Blog is Heavy did an amazing 3 part in depth analysis of the album. I'd encourage anyone to give it a listen (it's just over 30 minutes long) then read their analysis.

Stingray Sam

Postby popcorn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:48 am

Anyone have post-rock recommendations other than GYBE?
I love ambient, IDM, drone, and free improvisation so the genre should be right up my alley, but the only post-rock album I've ever loved is TNT by Tortoise (which is closer to The Cinematic Orchestra than it is to Laughing Stock), and I think I've undersold the genre to myself. Maybe the problem is that I don't really
care for music-as-storytelling, which seems to be the logical ends of a post-rock album?

ALSO: glad I posted about huerco s. on here last year, I've been listening to his earlier outsider house stuff and he is an unheralded genius

popcorn

Postby rublev » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:43 pm

yeah i think gybe kinda set the bar for that stuff. there were a few years where everyone was sticking out formulaic 7 min tracks that went nowhere. i'm not great with genres. if u like tortoise and gybe you might like these

also, okay, hear me out but this charli xcx record (whenever it drop this year) is gonna be the best thing to happen to pop in years (imho)

rublev
Political Editor

Postby BobbyZamora » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:06 pm

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby WussWayne » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:13 pm

Y'@ll got lastfm's? Would love to follow people I have the least in common with

https://www.last.fm/user/KalahariDessert

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby sagc » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Almost ten years of tracks: https://www.last.fm/user/samagcarr

sagc

Postby popcorn » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:23 pm

I've passingly listened to Stars of the Lid and A Winged Victory for the Sullen before. Some of it resonated with me. Actually, I even listened to Requiem for Dying Mothers (pt. 1) 46 times in the last month or so. But in the last few days I had someone I adore walk into and out of my life, and I have enough sentiment in me to care about 17 minute drone tracks.

A lot of people rate each of these artists as just alright (in the case of Winged Victory I might even agree), and I kind of respect that: in structure this music is not even a level above any other album falling into ambient/minimalism (modern classical)/drone.

But there's never been much separating my 5.0s from my 3.5s except sentiment, and god is it here.

popcorn

Postby anth » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:56 am

THIS NEW FRANK OCEAN SONG HAS ME SO HAPPY

I absolutely love Blonde but hearing him over drums and a colorful intstrumental is sooooo good I'm gonna cry

anth

Postby rjbman » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:27 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:32 am

I'm not really sure if this is the right place for this. But I really enjoy this guys music. It's nothing insane but I really like the vibes from it, I'd give it a check out.
Here's probably his best track.

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby mooncorp » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:38 am

i added a bunch of songs at random to a playlist, and then while listening back, i realized i had put yung lean - hoover (grimy noisy rap) and erik satie - gnossienne: no. 1 (beautiful dreamy piano) next to each other LOL

excited to be exploring new different music again. for the longest time i only really listened to like 2-3 kinds of sounds , but now i'm noticing that i've been interested in lots of different stuff.
a teensy bit of hip hop, more intriguing electronic (ARCA, PC MUSIC), more post punk bands i wish i found earlier (BLANK DOGS), haunting beautiful music (GROUPER, THE CARETAKER)

in the future i want to know more about bossa nova, dub, no wave, and more of above

one of my friends makes music that's reliant on samples, and i think just being around that has made me start listening for the way something sounds rather than what the person who created it is all about, if that makes any sense? i used to be very obsessed with animal collective and their histories, processes, feelings, meanings, etc. but i think i enjoy just the music more.

how do you make a good playlist?
i like king krule's a lizard state playlist,i liked that all the songs in the playlist were very different from each other yet somehow made perfect sense together

what are good playlists that are on spotify?

mooncorp

Postby popcorn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:20 am

I've been listening to music functionally all the time since September began. Naturally, the next thing to try is not listening to music at all for a few days... just to see what happens.

Maybe I'll die?
Maybe I'll start doing schoolwork?
Maybe my voice will shift 3 octaves?

Keep it dialed.

popcorn

Postby popcorn » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:26 am

but if I WAAAAS still listening to music, I'd say I've been digging through more underground jazz rap artists (freeeeeestyle. fellow-ship.) and 00's alternative ("abstract") hip-hop. I'd say it's been pretty rewarding, since I spent like 2 or 3 months pretty much just listening to guided by voices, tortoise, and a slew of maximalist drone and ambient artists. I'd probably post that doseone is the greatest rapper of all time.

I'd probably substantiate that last statement with this link.

popcorn

Postby alby » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:05 pm

DAMN. is really quite enjoyable, I think. the song LOVE. FEAT. ZACARI. sounds like it is off a 2008 Akon album but refined and it's so good. xxx with u2 really shocked me and of course dna, humble, feel, duckworth. just a really great ablum i think.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby rjbman » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:47 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby hirokinakamura » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:08 pm

this dude has like 6 songs but they're all so good

bare hype

https://soundcloud.com/slowthai

The Loopwheel Lord, King of Sweatshirts, and consummate Watch Snob
hirokinakamura

Postby archangel666 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:25 pm

track 4, 6, 9 are my favorites

archangel666

Postby rublev » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:58 pm

did anyone hear the euphoric ag cook remix of OPN sticky drama? i'm late as normal

https://soundcloud.com/oneohtrix-point- ... cook-remix

#cry

rublev
Political Editor

Postby tttigre » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:43 am

good stuff

若者文化
tttigre

Postby vice » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:10 pm

been listening to a lot of ambient recently