[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Music is my boyfriend

Music is my boyfriend

Off topic

Re: Music is my boyfriend

Postby saptapadi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:23 am

saptapadi

Postby saptapadi » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:27 am

also the whole "wow isn't japan so quirky and weird to us sensible cultured westerners EELS IN VAGINA" thing is pretty shite don't you think

saptapadi

Postby Spaceman » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:22 pm

Some of my friends seem to have narrow minds on what "counts as art", its frustrating to me because I really try to give all forms of art a fair shot to understand what the artist might have been trying to convey. However, this makes me wonder what if the artist just doesn't give a fuck and is trying to cash in. Who gets to decide? I like to believe that as long as a feeling or appreciation of some form exists then it could be considered art. I made this little track which started as an inside joke from a car ride home with a friend where I played him a couple minutes of construction noises that I described as "progressive industrial" in which he wasn't sure if it was really music to the point he didn't even speak out haha. What are your thoughts in relation or to what makes music "real" or art in general. Sorry if this is the wrong thread :/

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby popcorn » Mon May 08, 2017 12:21 pm

Relationship of Command is way better than I assumed. I thought it was an edgy album for problematic teenage boys who watch sargon of akaad. Turns out it's an edgy album for problematic teenage boys that sounds so good.

It's so far above the other "best post-hardcore punk albums." Husker Du? More like Husker Who. Fugazi? You've gotta be kidding me. The only other acceptable choice for best post-hardcore album is the Cap'n Jazz anthology, and that's like calling A Tribe Called Quest your favorite jazz artist. Technically correct, but completely perverted and upsetting.

Frontloaded album power rankings:
3. Relationship of Command
--- a. 5 best songs to start
--- b. track 6 blows the momentum but then track 7 is also great
--- c. nothing after track 7 is that great but there's only like 15 minutes left at that point idk
2. The Glow, Pt. 2
--- a. 4 great songs to start including both of its notable singles
--- b. picks back up at track 10, but you probably lose a lot of people with the instrumental (something)'s in the middle
--- c. I definitely remember being really bored in the middle despite loving this album from my first listen
1. This Is A Long Drive for Someone with Nothing to Think About
--- a. Dramamine to start
--- b. most people think tracks 2 and 3 are also great but honestly where'd all the good tunes go
--- c. picks back up at track 11 but that might just be stockholm syndrome from having sat thru the whole thing
--- d. this is truly a long drive for someone who has noticed how overrated isaac brock's songwriting is and has only the lead guitar noodling to focus on

popcorn

Postby rublev » Mon May 08, 2017 2:41 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby tweefwend » Mon May 08, 2017 6:54 pm

was introduced to Balance & Composure last night I'm a fan now.

they're finishing their tour with one of my favorite bands FromIndianLakes

In other music news, saw Crystal Castles last week which a super weird show, and seeing Cashmere Cat this upcoming Wednesday.

tweefwend

Postby Stolsdos » Tue May 09, 2017 7:02 pm

any of y'all listen to this PAN comp? I've been listening to it a good amount, some of my fav ambient in a while. I'm a bigger fan of the first half, but the rest is still really great

Stolsdos

Postby argew » Wed May 10, 2017 6:38 am

sad guitar guy music is my favourite genre

been loving this song lately, if anybody got more laid-back stuff songs with some twinkly guitars sprinkled in, hmu

argew

Postby Copeland » Mon May 22, 2017 11:16 am

New Jlin album sounds pretty good on first listen, really digging this track:

Copeland

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:12 pm

mount kimbie is a whole other experience live i'm still riding off the high

they're on us tour so highly recc!

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby rublev » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:43 pm

this is utterly mad but will prob be my fave song of 2017...

anyone know anything more about him?

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Copeland » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:06 pm

Don't know if there's a thread for this, but, advice for making music? I have a copy of Ableton and some plugins, no instruments, any tutorials I should read or watch? I have no training except for having played some piano. I like Hyperdub. Tips, advice, would be appreciated.

I have an invite to Apollo if anyone wants, it's one of the what.cd replacements.

pm me e-mail

Copeland

Postby popcorn » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:50 am

this motherfucker right here

popcorn

Postby popcorn » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:50 pm

phew okay yesterday i listened to Autumn Eternal by Panopticon and that album did everything I wished an atmospheric extreme metal band would. the two albums that precede it are very successful as well, and it's always cool listening to a musician who approaches everything they do with the same dignity and stride.

listen to this!!! it's sweet like pulled teeth and completely revitalized my interest in black metal.

Last edited by popcorn on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
popcorn

Postby rjbman » Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:34 pm

RIP Chester Bennington (Linkin Park singer)... fuck

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby jrisk » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:40 am

just want to brag about my upcoming concert line up:

Sept shows:
The Dazies and A Giant Dog (this is at a tiny venue, it's going to rock so hard!)
Blood Orange
Big Thief
Jay Som
Charly Bliss

October/Nov/Dec shows:
Japanese Breakfast
Courtney Barnett and Kurt Vile (this looks so dope, can't wait for their collab album)
Mountain Goats
St. Vincent
Angel Olsen
Pinegrove

jrisk

Postby archangel666 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:56 am

when you're trapped in your world only you (and David Lynch) can understand

archangel666

Postby odradek » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:45 pm

Really incredible that Land Speed Record came out in 1980. I know Husker Du is an acquired taste but man, what a band. RIP Grant Hart.

odradek

Postby wrong » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:21 am

wrong

Postby vice » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:33 pm

The new Ariel Pink is so so good

vice

Postby jrisk » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:53 pm

jrisk

Postby rjbman » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:07 pm

RIP Tom Petty :'(

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby jrisk » Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:51 pm

i love jbrekkie so much.

jrisk

Postby mahi-mahi » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:13 pm

yo jrisk what the hell.
i've watched this video like twenty times, and i've fallen in love this band- road head, this house, boyish and every song really is perfect.
what other secrets are you hiding???

mahi-mahi

Postby BadLuckCub » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Your message contains too few characters.

Last edited by BadLuckCub on Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadLuckCub

Postby smiles » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:44 pm

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Copeland » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:28 pm

Been listening to:

Oneohtrix Point Never - Connie, from the soundtrack for , can't find a link, sorry.

Copeland

Postby meatjacket » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:19 pm

ooh good transition post:

Here's a download code for Alvvays - (self titled)

http://www.polyvinylrecords.com/iheartvinyl 6UEJYNBNPMWXA29P

meatjacket

Postby jrisk » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:10 pm

found my favorite music video ever on the website youtube dot com

jrisk

Postby popcorn » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:06 am

you've just been visited by the best folk album of all time
say something nice to it

popcorn

PreviousNext