[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - School

School

Off topic

Re: overdressed, undereducated: let's talk about school!

Postby venilla » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:23 pm

got denied from cal as a transfer student, but i am excited to attend ucla this fall. should be interesting to go from living in norcal to socal.

venilla

Postby maj » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:54 am

2 weeks left and one assignment to gooooooooooooooo

FUCKING SMASHIING THESE THINGS, YES BOIZ AN GURZ.

maj

Postby Ques » Tue May 05, 2015 2:10 pm

learning more from khan academy videos than i did in an entire semester of linear algebra. only need a 75 on the final to get a B in the class #based

has anyone here done a foreign language PhD? starting to get really interested in that as a possibility post-graduation

Ques

Postby maj » Wed May 06, 2015 12:49 pm

with over a week to spare I'M DONE!

for the first time in my education career i have completed all my work with time to spare, spaced the workload evenly and not done it after 10pm. IT FEELS GREAT!

5 months of summer ahead 8)

maj

Postby zayg » Thu May 07, 2015 10:40 pm

Just finished editing my capstone paper (thanks rest of group for not proofreading at all) and have to present the project tomorrow morning. Other than that, all I have is an ez-pz final on Monday. Looks like I'm probably gonna pull in straight A's for the semester too. Almost done and it feels so good...well, kinda good, anxiety about not being able to find a job, let alone one that pays adequately, are piling up. Gotta throw that all on the backburner for now at least.

:woop:

zayg

Postby meatjacket » Fri May 08, 2015 12:15 am

so pumped for the end of senior year! gonna pass definitely everything.. except calc which im on the edge of failing!!!! but i'm getting my shit together exactly now. Math has kicked my ass for like 4 years straight but now the tables will soon turn!

plus i just got my muji shipment in (aka a bunch of nice, thin pens) and i am definitely gonna put it to use. Nothing keeps me going like a $3 .38 pen that took a week and a half to get here lol

Only other kinda hard class is govt, but he said if we finish the review 100%, we can use it on the final. fuckin neat.

High hopes :-)

meatjacket

Postby momjeans » Fri May 08, 2015 1:42 am

ive been getting so into school as of late... i have had trouble totally investing myself in classes all my life (there has almost always been a visible divide between academics and personal, with academics existing only as an unwanted responsibility), but this quarter that has totally changed. i've been studying philosophy and literature (two subjects i've known i was interested in but still weirdly never took a class where that took the forefront), as well as mathematics.
when i go home i usually end up reading class books just for fun, which is a place that i've never really been before. anyway... i'm just really happy to be at this place with my schooling

momjeans

Postby smass » Mon May 11, 2015 2:13 am

FINALLY finished my final piece for my drawing class. It took me around 9 hours total to complete. I'll be proud of myself no matter what grade I get since this is the first art class I've taken at college and I didn't think it was gonna go well. Feels so good to know I'm done with this semester...I've never been more ready to work a shitty summer retail job in my life.

smass

Postby thephfactor » Mon May 11, 2015 6:51 pm

failed a class for the first time! goodbye scholarship, we had a good run.

thephfactor

Postby zayg » Tue May 12, 2015 3:47 am

done with undergrad!

zayg

Postby harmsalmon » Wed May 13, 2015 5:26 pm

DONE W HIGH SCHOOL FOREVER WOO :woop:

harmsalmon

Postby absurdmind » Wed May 13, 2015 6:35 pm

first year ive really been happy with how school turned out. got invited to comment at a conference in my field soon which is cool but is really stressing me out. also invited by a prof to submit one of my papers to other conferences which is exciting. but also its fucking impossible to find a nice summer job as a philosophy student so im praying this all pays off somehow later on because its only hurting my pockets for now. no money for sweet summer henleys. probably going to drop my minor, political science isnt what i expected it to be

absurdmind

Postby Cowboy » Wed May 13, 2015 11:00 pm

World History Advanced Placement test tomorrow. I think I've studied a combine like 30 hours these past three days, which is crazy going from never having studied before. Not fun, and after it all I still did mediocre on some practice tests. If I get lucky with essay prompts I will score well

Not nerve wracking persay, just kind of daunting

Hope I do well

Cowboy

Postby Cowboy » Thu May 14, 2015 1:15 pm

I KILLED IT

Cowboy

Postby bird.in.flight » Sat May 16, 2015 10:03 am

bird.in.flight

Postby wiggly--woo » Wed May 27, 2015 2:44 pm

had my last exam today and now undergrad is over forever

was feeling very sad to be letting go of dat student lifestyle but ive had a lot of cherry lambrini and now i feel great

just praying to god that i actually did well and it wont be a waste of a degree

wiggly--woo

Postby JewTurk » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:25 pm

This ethnic studies course I'm taking is straight up amazing. This professor is so thoroughly invested in the content and I am AMAZED.

Think my current plan is to graduate in 5 years, double majoring in Electrical Engineering and Modern Languages (spanish) and then minoring in Ethnic Studies.

This GSEP (Global Science and Engineering Program) is pretty well funded and will allow me to extend my tuition scholarship to a 5th year and allow me to do a year in Spain with an internship.

Feeling good about college, have 30 credits from AP tests and CLEP tests as of now, and doing 6 credits during summer school right now.

JewTurk

Postby smiles » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:18 am

Going to the Bartlett, UCL in September.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby Cowboy » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:37 pm

Yayyyy just finished sophomore year.

Meat graduated! Figured I'd drop that in here since he's gone until his computron is fixed.

Cowboy

Postby thephfactor » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:57 pm

Constantly wavering in what I want to do for a career/study in school. I want to do Design, but within that I feel a both a big urgent personal pull towards narrative and applied art, like Media Design, New Media, etc, but also a humongous fear and awe driving me towards Environmental Design, Urban Planning.

A grad program is a few years away but I want to do something in undergrad that clarifies my purpose, especially as I'm doing this new-fangled choose-your-own-adventure major.

thephfactor

Postby Dobwin » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:13 pm

Dobwin

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:23 pm

Smashed 2nd year of uni, on track for a first : sweg :

Didn't get an internship this year and I'm still not really sure what I want to do afterwards but I'm on a 4 year so I have a bit more navel gazing time. Mixed bag.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby thecanadiancook » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:19 am

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby sknss » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:53 am

Congrats. What is meat microbiology? Are you going to make some lab grown meat?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby weqe » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:57 am

Just got the ACT scores back, 34 woop woop! Got a 35 in reading, 35 in English, 36 in Science and a 30 in math lol, I'm totally done after this time though, twice is more than enough for me (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

[{[*#~&< /BLEH |BLEH| BLEH\ >&~#*]}]
weqe

Postby thecanadiancook » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:17 am

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby JewTurk » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:25 pm

Has anyone studied abroad in Spain? What universities?

JewTurk

Postby schiaparelli » Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:31 pm

taking a drawing class for my last semester of undergrad (ok the class is technically called "Visual Notation and Journaling"). our first assignment was to draw ourselves and I nervously brought this in to class:

(it's hard to tell but I am wearing Uniqlo, Aritzia, and Shoes like Pottery)

I was a bit anxious bc I've never been good at drawing people (part of why I'm taking this class) but class today was the most empowering creative experience I've ever had, with the professor gently guiding us to understand more about the human form and about proportions, and encouraging us to do these quick gestural drawings to make sure we really understood proportions:

super thrilled to continue drawing—it was amazing how much I improved in just two hours of class~

schiaparelli

Postby silvaeri » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:12 pm

Fuck. Yes.

It's been a long time coming, but baby I'M OFFICIALLY DONE! PCE OUT UMN.

Thank you for the education and the extremely large amount of student debt. (love)

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:48 pm

loving the academic side of school rn but having a really terrible time meeting people and socializing. driving me crazy

harmsalmon

PreviousNext

Return to Care