[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby spahdfgo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:34 pm

I don't even work with them, I see them 15 minutes and then i'm alone all afternoon

Even if I worked with them, I don't see why I should be obligated to talk.

spahdfgo

Postby odradek » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:39 pm

it's not what you think, it's what they think.

odradek

Postby kyung » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:40 pm

nothing like a good number (n)ine tee to jumpstart a conversation

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby can- » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:40 pm

so exciting to apply for jobs you really want

also it is the bare minimum in any work environment that you try to get along with or enjoy the people you work with. if it doesn't work out you aren't expected to force it or pander to people but just like a first date, you are required to at least make the initial effort.

can-

Postby spahdfgo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:51 pm

I get what you mean and I did that, I'm more than polite (even if it's not necessarily reciprocated) and will talk or answer their questions but I don't really want to gossip or talk for five hours about my christmas shopping.

spahdfgo

Postby bels » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:57 pm

Gossip sucks and it's pretty terrible that lots of people use it as a way of bonding. I don't know. For the past few years or something I've started to see conversation and small talk as a type of manners and a skill to be cultivated. Regardless of whether you like the person you're talking to

That said I have a sociopathic need for people to like me

bels
Yung Winona

Postby navin » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:43 pm

navin

Postby rjbman » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:49 pm

Just finished an interview with a company for a possible internship over the summer. It's software development which is exactly what I hope to be doing. I hope the meeting went well, they were impressed with one of the ways I solved one of the tasks for an assignment they gave us to do. At the same time I wasn't always thinking of everything to check, so I'm assuming that was a negative. They seemed pretty neat though and I really hope I end up getting it because it'll be such a relief off my back because I feel like I really have to get an internship (definitely do not want to work in food another summer, especially where they don't care about me that much).

He said they'd notify us this week so here's hoping!

Meanwhile I have a huge project due tomorrow along with a test so I really am gonna be slammed today and tomorrow.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby Renalan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:05 pm

gl young rjb

Renalan

Postby rjbman » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:31 am

Got the internship!

rjbman

Postby kyung » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:50 am

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby maj » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:32 am

they set my braces off and retainer appointment 2 months apart when it's supposed to be 2 weeks, fuck me my teeth hurt now it's on.

maj

Postby RycePooding » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:11 pm

One thing led to another. I was drunk. I broke the toilet seat.

Then one more thing led to another thing, and I drunkenly ordered this toilet seat.

RycePooding

Postby Prince of Scandinavia » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:16 pm

I've finally realised that my study of Techonanthropology is not what interests me, and it is not what I want to spend my life studying or praticing and working with further on. My plans for my future are vague at this very moment, and I desperately search for something to take my interest by storm, as I am a damzel in distress and I need my hero of interest. I will continue on my study until summer, trying to focus my time rather on finding what I want to do with my life, rather than focusing on getting through the semester. One thing is clear so far, I will be moving to Copenhagen by summer. I will be making a cliché bucket list, in hope of maybe finding something that really will intrigue me. I therefore, would love and appreciate any stories of how you guys found your "calling" or passion in life. It doesn't have to be anything extravagant but really anything other than my daily life, is what I need right now. You are free to pm me here, talk to me on irc, facebook, mail, whatever.

Kind Regards
Marcus

Prince of Scandinavia

Postby starfox64 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:30 pm

i am about to board a plane to go to america. i am excited about this.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby oieoou » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:39 am

Anyone have recs for how to be a little less intimidating? Ive been told by countless people that they kind of avoid me because I seem really intimidating, to the point of scary for some people. Ive seen this work pretty well in the workplace as professionals (if you want to call it that), but when Im trying to make friends and meet women its hard for them to get past this stonewall I apparently have. I cant really notice it or seem to place my finger on what it might be.

oieoou

Postby bels » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:45 am

In the same way that non assertive people can try and copy the body language of assertive people like standing up straight and looking people in the eye you could try looking at your shoes and fidgeting with your hair when people talk to you.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Vaeltaja » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:08 pm

I have two finals (CS/math and CS) tomorrow. I also have a paper to do. I thought the paper was 3 pages. It's actually two papers; one is 3 pages and the other is 5. I'm scared. How do I survive?

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby RycePooding » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:48 pm

We put our heads down and we truck forward until it's over, man. We will make it through finals week, it will not kill us.

RycePooding

Postby rjbman » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:54 pm

Just think of the fact we'll have 3-4 weeks off following this hell.

rjbman

Postby Syeknom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:58 am

Ah! Nightmare. Get two yoghurt pots connected by a length of string and try to connect your laptop to a router using that.

Syeknom

Postby spahdfgo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:03 am

Went out with some friends on saturday, it's quite annoying when two of them spend the evening on their phones

spahdfgo

Postby RycePooding » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:50 pm

I've had a dream about people from care-tags. have I gone too far?

RycePooding

Postby Syeknom » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:18 pm

Depends on which people!

Syeknom

Postby RycePooding » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:01 pm

I think eccentrica was there.

RycePooding

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:20 pm

Started a new 9-5 today which is really fun. The team is small and young, but the company is big and old. The first half of my day was an induction which included instruction on how to use a telephone, how to use microsoft office (2010) and various other tasks my job title alone would deem useless.

Still. Fun day.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby purkinje » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:48 pm

what is this my mum autocorrect nonsense

malefashionadvice

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby pips » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:37 pm

I hate the weeks before the Christmas holidays. Everyone is rushing their deadlines and yet they expect you to show up at parties. Plus the nonstop spending oh my god. The stress alone is making me sick, literally. I have a cold that wont quit for a week now.

Good news is it's only three days until I can sleep/watch movies/read all I want and I wont need to go back to work until Jan 7 next year mwahahahaha.

pips

Postby RycePooding » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:49 pm

Here's to 2014, baby!

RycePooding

Postby Syeknom » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:51 am

Syeknom

PreviousNext

Return to Care