[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby rjbman » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:43 am

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby can- » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:58 am

can-

Postby freddy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:45 am

@bela, honest to god, I have yet to really follow the detailed progression of care-tags or the feeltalk thread (been p amazed at the sex thread thus far lol) as I've been just popping by with tid bits of posts when I need a moment for some form of insta-talk.

i'll have to read up and follow the feel talk thread more consistently to get to know y'all intimately to analytically comment on the collective psyche and mental status of ct.

in general, i just think c-t is one huge intimate fashion support group where we unconditonally hear everyone, share our issues and plans, hang out, and lend some emotional support under the common interest of fashion. it's a great and cool retreat from our daily lives i suppose from folks who don't necessarily understand our devotion to fashion. that and the limited amount of folks nearby that we can connect and solidify a friendship. i also think that it's hard to connect with friends for the typical support because of this barrier between them and us with fashion

fyi, i mean i wear barbour and rrl; i would not have realize any of these brands and opinions had it not been for the internets for my existing social circle never really came across these brands. i think an element of typical irl connection becomes ambiguous, because of the unique nature of fashion, where it encapsulates the entirety of how you see, wear, and connect with the context of your pre-existing social environment. again, it's not like picking up a coke habit through a mutual acquaintance/friend through the six-degree of separation/influence. (though, it's not to say that friend's can't influence you fashion wise)

the discovery in fashion as a hobby is often times, as seen on raf genius, is an individualistic/solo one. i know so for me. if our environments had the stuff available, we likely need not to form and participate on online communities. i think many of us come to fashion together with interests in promoting the singularity/uniqueness of our personalities, rather than to conform to a particular sub-culture/aesthetic. we depict and despise namesake brands, but fervorishly admire in cult-like ways boutique/niche labels akin to the mainstream idealizing to what we perceive as gaudy and overpriced fashion houses - gucci, lv, hugo boss, armani, moschino

and the way we all approach fashion choices, underscores many respectively different socioeconomic backgrounds where it would be difficult to connect together irl/traditionally. sometimes i think there's too much of a cognitive dissonance with internet meet ups in general and i think c-t is a great way to cultivate more intimacy on friendship. i think c-t is great that it is diverse in aesthetics and interests in fashion. i think what will make it unique and sustaining is that we don't confine ourselves to a particular asthetic/group-think. i think we what we have going for us is the multitude of different interests and how we can be conjoined with fashion and not segregated and compartmentalized e.g. hypebeasts and that we can embrace them too provided that they don't act like fuccbois

freddy

Postby freddy » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:45 am

freddy

Postby Syeknom » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:25 pm

So much terrible karaoke happening so early in the night, what's wrong with my colleagues

Syeknom

Postby ddd » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:32 pm

have you guys ever taken the myers brigg type indicator test?

do you take any stock in that stuff? any opinions?

ddd

Postby Syeknom » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Getting full on wolf of wall street up in brussels tonight

Cafeteria boss and one of our male secretaries just did a terrifying rendition of You Can Leave Your Hat On

Syeknom

Postby omgimacarrot » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:20 am

im feeling it now mr krabs. rjbman is a great snapchatter and i fell lik wqed actually be friend in real life. finallly foudn a normalk girl and she wwants nothing to do with me . horrary....

omgimacarrot

Postby bhajz » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:24 am

why can't u delete posts

Last edited by bhajz on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bhajz

Postby freddy » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:38 am

freddy

Postby SisterRayVU » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:30 am

Just had another tinder date but only had a couple drinks and talked. I wasn't entirely comfortable and just did that sort of 'say everything with sarcasm or irony in a monotonous voice' thing but I still had a good time. I'll try and see her again the week after next. Just something different to do.

SisterRayVU

Postby omgimacarrot » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:52 pm

My friend group, the people I trust the most, have been hanging out in my exs room without my knowing. Last night we were just chilling and they all left to go there and the impact it had was more profound than they actually realize, leaving me to drink alone. I'm not sure why I'm even angry because I was the one that broke up with her, but I guess deep down, the sense of normalcy in a relationship is what I cling on to with her. I don't want to bring it up to them either because it seems really dumb when I rationalize it in my head. Thanks for listening to me guys/gals.

omgimacarrot

Postby kyung » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:10 pm

it definitely feels pretty shitty/gets complicated with exes and mutual friends. don't feel dumb about it, we all want to feel included

re: sense of normalcy

i can definitely relate to this. but ultimately if you two weren't happy in the relationship, it'll be much more beneficial in the long run than to have stayed with her just because it was "easier"

you are not alone :o)

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby freddy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:56 pm

bumped into a home girl on the way to stop by the crib before going out again – damn I feel like time flew by like it was yesterday; we're talking about bumpin' it up for her coming 22 b-bday and catching up with all the cats from back in the day! X_X on a separate note; @neon, I think you'd get along with her, y'all r very alike/ similar.

freddy

Postby silvaeri » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:44 pm

warning probably heavy shit:

so my girlfriend just had a miscarriage on monday night, which we believe is a result of actions that transpired earlier in the month. [she forgot her bc, didn't tell me, had sex, she took plan b). and i'm freaking out on the inside, and she's shook up by it and is saying she's reconsidering a whole lot of things and isn't sure where to go from there and she's not really opening up to me about what those are and I'm terrified because i don't know how to help and fuck i'm freaking out. and i feel just feel really dumb that this whole situation had to occur. so many emotions right now.

just needed to let that out somewhere.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:51 pm

Make sure she knows that you want to communicate with her and that you're there for her. I know you're freaking out but ya gotta get her solid first.

My sympathies man. That's not easy stuff to go through. I hope it all works out alright.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby silvaeri » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:56 pm

Thanks for the sympathies man. I've definitely let her know that I'm there for her and open whenever (if) she wants to talk. I'm more so freaking out about not handling the situation well/being unable to help her. My minor secondary freakout is that I might be one of the things she's reconsidering and that scares me. But I really just want to make her okay first.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby verilyvert » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:47 pm

Support support support. She is probably grieving and that takes time to process, especially when complicated with guilt/shame/relationship stress or whatever the two of you may or may not be experiencing. Molasses is right, you got to communicate, and if she is shutting you out, make sure she knows you're still there for her when she is ready. You can still be present without talking. Cuddling, cooking meals, massages, getting groceries, or assisting with anything she might need. Try not to withdraw.

Remember to take care of yourself as well, and allow yourself to grieve and express how you feel to someone you trust. You're obviously hurting too, and need support just like she does. Remember, this isn't a problem with 'solutions'. There are helpful actions you can take, but ultimately this is about taking the time to cope and process your pain/confusion, and hopefully come away from this stronger and more resilient than before.

verilyvert

Postby Stingray Sam » Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:12 am

in them towering pines i find myself

in them towering pines i look up to the skies

and i know god

i know the taste of absolute freedom and reach out and touch the heavens and stretch down and touch the earth

in bubbling cricks i baptized myself in the glory of himself

I cleansed my soul and my lungs in one great breath

and the birds sang and the elks bugled and the forest came alive

like some fucking disney movie

cause thats what god's like

he's the surreal royal majesty of absolute freedom

unrestrained unjudged uninfluenced

in absolute grace

in absolute humanity

in absolute earth decay and rot growth i lose my self in the vietnam jungles of the mountains

then i come out five days later in deja vu beauty

in thin ice love

then i find myself in the suicide fantasy life

sucking steel cocks

caressing hair pin balls

on the edge of the world with blued steel gravity pulling me downwards

i fall

and

fall

and fall

till ain't no one good enough

till i'm just wishing for a rest

till i'm just too doggone tired

till its the easy way out

till gods gone

and loves gone

till the fork weighs more than the barrel

till the bright light neon shells is a load off my back

Till i finally fall down on to leather couch confessions

till affirmation

and i find myself on the grayside of the tunnel with a hatred for venezualans

and a trick to make me forget those steel cocks and hairpin balls

Stingray Sam

Postby sparkyoriental » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:02 pm

I was a huge jerk to two of my casual acquaintances today, and I absolutely need to apologize. On one hand, I don't want to associate with them much anymore after today, but my behavior was bad enough that it warrants a face-to-face explicit apology. I've been trying to think of a good way to be casual about it, but still sincere.

Last edited by sparkyoriental on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sparkyoriental

Postby sparkyoriental » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:14 pm

I haven't been on this board in a while. I'm wasting time at work right now, and there's a meeting in 30 minutes and I have a presentation.

NEED. TO. FOCUS.

sparkyoriental

Postby sparkyoriental » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:31 pm

I'm going to bake cookies on Valentine's Day for all my friends and colleagues.

I discovered a rather serious superior on an online dating website the other day. His username: sexy+"our occupation." I'm torn between wanting to tell work-friends (what I should not do) and keeping this information to myself. I'm probably not going to say anything.

Ok, back to work.

I got the implicit rejection from someone I asked to hang out with (I think I posted about it awhile ago - my former TA). Numbers were exchanged, but the wait-24-hours-to-respond thing happened and I got the hint. I'm slightly disappointed, but it's really no big deal.

sparkyoriental

Postby can- » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:00 pm

interviewed today and starting a new job next week :cool:

can-

Postby bels » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:04 am

What is the wait-24-hours-to-respond thing

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sparkyoriental » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:56 pm

if you text someone and they wait 24 hours to respond. you respond promptly, and they wait another long period of time to respond. basically implicitly letting you know that you are a low priority in their life.

sparkyoriental

Postby pips » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:33 pm

Yesterday was my dad's birthday. He would have been 60.

pips

Postby Stingray Sam » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:52 am

I'm doing my hs culminating project on creating a piece of clothing. I need some sources for an accompanying research paper. I want to go through all the steps of design and construction to eventually make a skirt similar to the lad musician ones. does anyone have any suggestions?

Stingray Sam

Postby bels » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:25 am

That sounds rough but I get the feeling you're generally pretty good at putting the moves on (not sure why? Maybe because you have cool hair?) so I guess you just gotta wait for someone else worth investigating to turn up.

=[

bels
Yung Winona

Postby freddy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:35 am

about your +1 comment about the definition of a homegirl, idk that's a good question. She's a friend that I went to grew up with and went to elementary school and reconvened later on in our cool kid clique; however, we deviated in our own trajectories (as well as almost everyone in the group) as I left because of my truancy in school and amongst other things..

She went through a lot of rough times as I hear through the grapevine and embraced the rougher crowd on her own accord, though I try to be unconditionally nonjudgemental despite of that – as I know of her personally very early on as kids. I probably one of the few folks that know her for the longest whilst still being relevant (aka still being cool) and we always have an instantaneous connection when I run into her despite our different pathways. I'm not exactly apart of the deep crowd she associates with despite perhaps knowing a degree of the folks, but it seems that we still have retained our core friendship bond despite our xxyz preferences and differences. I liken to believe that the mutually exchanged terms of 'homegirl' 'homeboy' for one another; it's a deep friendship we have for the opposite sex that is almost semi-sibling-like in support – seeing the core essence of someone in lieu of the situational circumstances and life trajectories.

There are many other folks whom I would ponder about in this category of friendship.

freddy

Postby Thomnd » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:21 am

ssris are lame. can't even do fun drugs and pretend to be normal.

Thomnd

PreviousNext

Return to Care