[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby bhajz » Fri May 02, 2014 5:20 pm

why can't u delete posts

Last edited by bhajz on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bhajz

Postby sparkyoriental » Sat May 03, 2014 1:44 pm

a fashion forum probably isn't the best place to be asking for investment $$$ advice....

but actual adults of c-t: how did you begin learning about managing your money and investment? I have money just sitting uncomfortably in my bank account that really should be invested in something. I was thinking about seeing a financial advisor at my bank but I'm not even sure if I have enough money (about 10k) to even qualify to see an advisor.

HELP

sparkyoriental

Postby bels » Sat May 03, 2014 2:27 pm

Hang out on the internet a bit and probably do a bit of reading (IRL). You probably don't have enough money to make seeing an advisor worth it.

I wish I'd started investing years ago.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby ramseames » Sat May 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Not much you can do to actually leverage it at this point but you should definitely at least talk to an advisor at your bank, no harm in that. Presumably you haven't maxed your rrsp out every year so contributing to it retroactively is a solid option if nothing else.

ramseames

Postby balloons » Sun May 04, 2014 1:27 pm

rejection letters have a very unique & special way of crushing the soul

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby inherently » Sun May 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Going to ultimate frisbee college nationals!!!

we won against the like 6-year reigning regional champions (cornell) on universe game point (we beat them 12-11)

the feeling was unreal. at first everyone was pumped up and cheering and shouting, but you could feel the realization sinking in as it got quiet. everyone was crying and hugging, since this was the last chance for our seniors, and we finally did it.

it feels amazing

inherently

Postby lee3jm » Mon May 05, 2014 12:42 am

Really digging my new, blossoming, friend circle. I feel like I'm at a good place in terms of personal growth in the areas I've been lacking for a long time in and now I can go back to smaller things. Perfect timing too with summer just around the corner. Hoping to get back in shape, learn some skills, continue programming, stay social and go to a lot of concerts (with others or by myself). Super excited to go to some music festivals.

lee3jm

Postby freddy » Mon May 05, 2014 5:39 am

Since last winter, I've been eying this chick on OKC but i wasn't ready/available to date.. that supposedly is going to graduate soon :/ (i may be moving to her area in the future)

My dad is supposedly coming to visit this week and I've had a extensive conflicts with my family on my dad's side that I'm trying to alleviate these past several weeks/months.

My grandpa was hospitalized for coughing up blood with likely GI problems.

I'm trying to go to this mental health conference and stay over at my relative's place nearby but then I'm likely to get shit for working on myself introspecting and labeling my mom with her diagnosis. (basically my dad's family is undereducated and culturally don't acknowledge mental illness/health -- and don't care to listen/understand)

been getting more antsy lately, pls excuse if i am all-over the boards again :/

freddy

Postby nick » Mon May 05, 2014 4:50 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby inherently » Mon May 05, 2014 7:33 pm

I was just there last night haha. I hang out there a couple of times per semester, so maybe we have seen each other!

inherently

Postby sparkyoriental » Mon May 05, 2014 10:24 pm

Why do I only meet awesome people 5 days before they leave town and move 500 miles away?

sparkyoriental

Postby nick » Mon May 05, 2014 10:28 pm

What's good caretags singles club :(

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon May 05, 2014 11:52 pm

switching antidepressants (zoloft to wellbutrin) and currently in the zone where zolof wore off and wellbutrin hasnt kicked in yet. shit sucks. wellbutrin take my appetite away tho so that's cool

what you guys and gals do when oyu just wanna sit and cry all day

JonjoShelvey

Postby exprof » Tue May 06, 2014 12:25 am

Please watch out for strokes on wellbutrin, my mom almost died from one :-(

I'm currently on Celexa which has been working pretty well. It's helped with my anxiety, totally ruined my libido and my appetite though. :/

My favourite thing to do when I'm feeling sad is to take my dog on an extra long walk. Makes me feel better to do something nice for my little guy who does nothing but give.

exprof

Postby Blastoise » Tue May 06, 2014 12:30 am

Woo I'm on Celexa too. It seems to work alright. It makes me feel a little muted and gives me random hot flashes though. Also on Xanax in case it gets bad, but I've only had to use it once and it made me feel super chill.

My ex-girlfriend (the one that I was trying to talk to again) and I are on better terms now. We've been talking a little bit over text and calling. She initiated it. She said that she misses me. We're going to hang out and talk in person on Saturday. I...think that things might actually work out for us. I'm feeling really good about it.

Blastoise

Postby JonjoShelvey » Tue May 06, 2014 2:01 am

thanks everyone

took my ferret out and felt a little better

pic of ferret: Image

i'm can't get on xanax cuz i know i'll abuse it

JonjoShelvey

Postby Blastoise » Tue May 06, 2014 10:23 am

I'm only on it for anxiety, not depression. It seems to work for that fairly well.

I've always wanted a ferret. Or a guinea pig.

Blastoise

Postby nick » Tue May 06, 2014 10:44 am

agreed on xanax being overpowered. I know if I started using it, it would cause a dependency which is honestly probably way worse than the anxiety I'd be trying to cure. I use xanax for anti-anxiety without ever taking it though: I take one w/ me in possible panic attack triggering events - what it does is, I don't have to get anxious about getting anxious and getting a panic attack, since I know that if I do get anxious I can take that xanax and everything will be okay. oddly effective.

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby Blastoise » Tue May 06, 2014 11:46 am

Mine is a pretty small dosage. But yeah, after taking it that one time, I can see how someone might become dependent on it. It felt really good but I haven't had the desire to take it since. I'd like to think that I have a decent amount of self control. But yeah, I totally get that. I should maybe take it with me but I just leave it in my room.

Blastoise

Postby trichomatic » Tue May 06, 2014 7:43 pm

Used to be on escitalopram, honestly noticed nothing from it.

On aripiprazole and desvenlafaxine now and feeling much better.

Went from just SSRI, to serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors as my psychiatrist recommended and noticed improvement.

Can't say much about anti-anxiety meds other than that I didn't like z-drugs that they gave me for sleep. Just use trazodone now.

trichomatic

Postby freddy » Tue May 06, 2014 7:59 pm

welp is been 2 yrs since my psychodynamic psychotherapy and with my intense introspection it's been great. this is without any medication whatsoever. i'd highly recommend psychodynamic psychotherapy pending if you can commit to it long-term,.

freddy

Postby starfox64 » Wed May 07, 2014 12:55 am

not to totally divert the convo but i slept with my gf from college today and her skin still smells the same as it did 7 years ago and now im going to pound some beers at 1 am because i dont know what else to do

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby balloons » Wed May 07, 2014 12:08 pm

posted earlier about rejection letters; following up with the news that I ended up getting accepted into a program I wanted to go to way more anyway =)

was waitlisted months ago & this programs already super selective so I just assumed it was a no; super stoked with the news. like, probably the best news I've gotten in months, and it came after a looooong string of rejections. just thinking about it brings a smile.

grailed --

instagram --
balloons

Postby bels » Wed May 07, 2014 12:52 pm

fucking forgot to get my MOT and now I'm meant to be going on a roadtrip on sunday I hate these moments of freefalling easily preventable panic.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby seth83292 » Wed May 07, 2014 2:02 pm

Holy fuck guys.

I just got offered a research assistant job after graduation IN BERLIN, GERMANY. Super interesting research, and living in a whole new continent would be such an adventure!

AHHHH I'M SO EXCITED.

seth83292

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Wed May 07, 2014 3:05 pm

Told my mom I didn't want to be around for the mormon missionaries coming over for dinner. She's now left the house with my dad, sobbing. UGH.

I didn't go on a mission, and I didn't get married in a mormon ceremony (temple) wedding. These are things the missionaries would want to convince me I did wrong and because I refuse to feel guilty about going about marrying the love of my life in the way I want, I declined to meet with them. Now this.

My parents refuse to acknowledge the issues I have with the Mormon church and their answer for everything is needing more faith or waiting until I die and get to heaven to find the answers. That does little to satisfy me now, obviously. That said, I somehow wish I could believe in it all and live in ignorant bliss, as that would make my life so much easier.

And now I'm struggling not to have a panic attack. Ugh. :(

IsaiahSchafer

Postby sparkyoriental » Wed May 07, 2014 4:23 pm

general PSA about antipsychotics (abilify, seroquel, etc) - doctors really shouldn't be prescribing them for non psychotic disorders, e.g. sleep problems (seroquel), anxiety, depression

- Idk what you're taking Abilify for, but if it's not for a psychotic disorder, please be careful.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/25/healt ... .html?_r=0

and a research article (there's many on atypicals and their effect on the brain over time, do a quick search on psychinfo)-

http://www.nature.com/news/2011/110207/ ... 11.75.html (antipsychotic's effect on brain volume)

tardive dyskinesia is serious and a possible side effect of anti-psychotics, I developed it this year after three years on various different atypical anti-psychotics. Be careful and do your own research if your psych doctor recommends any drugs in the atypical class if you don't have schizophrenia or bipolar.

sparkyoriental

Postby trichomatic » Wed May 07, 2014 4:30 pm

thx for the heads up.

I have a script for the next couple months but unsure if I should be compliant with the Abilify. It is only 5 mg though so not that much.

Diagnosed with MDD but unsure if it's really BPD, I have some symptoms of the latter, but it's hard to say for sure.

trichomatic

Postby bueno » Thu May 08, 2014 4:04 pm

breaking up with the gf tomorrow :/

bueno

Postby ramseames » Thu May 08, 2014 8:19 pm

trying to drive fast in heavy traffic because someone else needs you to be wherever it is you're going/needs the car you're driving is infinitely more stressful than doing it for reasons that just affect you

but i made it home in time so s'all good

ramseames

PreviousNext

Return to Care