[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby papabear » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:04 am

I didn't know real life was so hard. During the school year I waste so much time doing nothing cuz I only have 3 classes per quarter. Now I'm at this internship that I'm at for 9 hours/day and I commute a total of 3hrs/day + 8 hrs of sleep so I don't fall asleep on the wheel again leaves me with only 2-3 hrs to myself per day. I'm really looking forward to weekends relaxing on the beach or getting shit faced.

papabear

Postby nick » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:12 am

Ouch . I know that feeling - but I was fortunate enough to have a commute by train during my internships, so I brought my laptop and watched anime or played PS2 games on an emulator - it was my way of hacking my commute time into free time so I didn't feel so bad. I ended up having more 'me' time on the train than when I get home, since I would just be pooped and lounge hard.

I definitely suggest finding a way to "hack" that commute time into something more enjoyable - I've heard plenty of great things about audiobooks for long car commutes. (EDIT: I think I heard about them from here.)

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby JonjoShelvey » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:24 pm

yo my mom is taking our dog of 10 years to the pound. i think she might wuss out when she gets there but im not sure. he pisses all over the house and is potty trained. we dont know why he does it. we have a baby at our house now and she doesnt want him to crawl on the floor where the dog pisses. the last straw was when he pissed on our fireplace right in front of everyone. i understand why she has to do this but i don't know how to deal w/ this. hes been in most of my life. he is ugly as fuck tho tbf

fuck

JonjoShelvey

Postby birdman caw » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:20 am

one of my best friends is facing possibly five years jail time. but it might be as little as probation. there's about three weeks to his court date. don't think i've ever been this scared in my life

birdman caw

Postby papabear » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:24 am

Unfortunately the train doesn't reach my office, they're just now building the tracks to reach there and they probably won't be done by the time my internship ends :(
I will definitely look into some audiobooks! Thanks for the care (smiling)

papabear

Postby birdman caw » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:36 am

on the other hand I'm turning 21 on saturday so maybe the key here is to just get really drunk and realize there's nothing I can do about the situation at all and see what happens and hope for the best

birdman caw

Postby hooplah » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:39 pm

trying to find a new job fucking blows

hooplah

Postby charybdis » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:42 pm

So today an unknown number called my grandparents cell phone and I called them back and it was a wrong number he was looking for a "Rachel" and while I feel some sympathy for the man (who had an unfortunately heavy indian accent) since it seems like some girl gave him the wrong number, he immediately asked me for my name and occupation (I said "Jane," "student") and it was extremely weird and creepy since when he was pressing for further details I told him this wasn't relevant and tried to politely end the call but he spewed some line about opportunity and fate and I said I was in the 6th grade and hung up on him.

(My name is not Jane.)

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:48 pm

met up with a really old friend of mine today. its amazing how little he's changed over all the years

i, on the other hand, have become incredibly cynical. what a contrast. makes me feel like i should've been a little more open about some of my issues, then maybe i wouldn't be so pessimistic about everything

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby donut_milk » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:41 am

I think I lost my job that I started 3 months ago? Had to take two weeks off (2nd time) and a developer was put in place of me as a "trial period." My boss told me he's trying to push for me and would let me know but hasn't responded to my e-mails. And his manager doesn't see the point in hiring a separate designer and developer when why not have someone who can do both but pay them less (lol). Soo..I don't know if I should return to work on Monday?

Sucks because I really want to work there and I have been freelancing/semi-unemployed for about a year. I fucking hate the job hunt process, interviewing, etc. Fuck.

donut_milk

Postby blankinput » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:06 am

Started three months ago and you've already taken two weeks off twice? Kiss it goodbye and start looking elsewhere.

blankinput

Postby Vaeltaja » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:27 am

I got a letter from my college about my scholarship.

Basically I've been under a 3.0 for awhile (if you guys follow my complaining on IRC). Anyhow, that means I lose part of my scholarship. College then puts me on a different scholarship that's easier and pays me less, as is expected (both as a courtesy sort of thing and because that's what they said they'd do). My original scholarship required a 3.0 GPA. This current one requires a 2.95 GPA. I can't wrap my head around why they're even giving me this scholarship. Most other people get one that requires a 2.0 or a 2.5 (I'm a bit above here). I don't really even know why a 2.95 required scholarship even exists. It's fractionally below a 3.0 and isn't a "nice number" that corresponds directly to a grade like 3.0 does.

I see a second letter in my future and it's kind of annoying that I'm basically being set up to fail.

On other news I'm protesting a grade right now (scheduling a phone call with a professor). If it works, there's a chance I might actually be able to get a 2.95 if I took speed every day and never went outside except for classes (a 4.0 semester is really difficult... obviously, especially since I'm taking 4 300 level classes next semester).

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby popcorn » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:55 am

summer work is really ass (the annoying kind), i'm trying to keep a positive outlook for the future, but i'm very bad at the present
travel is really ass (the good kind), can't wait to see denmark and take a lot of pictures and smile often

there's a lot of life distress in this thread and the biggest issue of my last month has been finding out the sleeves on my new blazer are too long :( wish I could provide more support than I can, so hypothetical hugs for you all, you're the loveliest group I've met

we're all going to make it, okay?

popcorn

Postby donut_milk » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:50 pm

Yeah, I've already been looking during down time. It's too bad because I've waited a long time for this. Ah, well.

donut_milk

Postby asianfuntime » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:08 pm

I went to go work my first actual job yesterday (excluding shoveling snow out of driveways) at the local concert of Dierks Bentley if you've ever heard of him

first off, I did it because the pay was great, being paid $10/hr at 6 hours for a job that was relatively easy and laid back. we were supposed to direct traffic into parking lots. I feel kind of bad doing it only for money, not the thought of being able to have a job.

my friend and I got there and our boss wasn't there. we waited for over an hour when someone else told us to go to a dirt parking lot to get instructions from somebody else. when we got to the parking lot, it started pouring rain. we hid under a semi-truck trailer with 8 other guys. as the hour passed by, the rain kept getting harder and harder so we just had to run back to the building of the concert.

we were soaked, and our boss still wasn't there. my friend and I just left out of exhaust and anger that our boss wasn't there after 2 hours of the requested time.

I'm still a bit bummed out my first job experience ended up going completely south. how did your guys' first job experience go?

asianfuntime

Postby ramseames » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:10 pm

Did they say they were gonna pay you cash?/did you sign anything?

ramseames

Postby can- » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:25 pm

make sure you get paid, it's the fault of management if you weren't able to do what you were hired to do or your boss was no call/show. your time is valuable and you deserve to be reimbursed for the time agreed, which was 6 hours.

can-

Postby JewTurk » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:47 pm

I love work

When I was depressed I used to always want to sleep the hours away. Now that I got a job it's like being asleep in the sense that I zone the fuck out but then every two weeks I get a nice paycheck that will hopefully allow me to go to college relatively debt free/buy clothes/food/gas/insurance/phone bills. Getting a job was the best thing I could have done as a high schooler.

JewTurk

Postby asianfuntime » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:03 pm

I don't know how they were going to pay. the email the person sent said payment was going to be sent in 2 weeks times but I don't know how that's going to happen because I never gave her my address. I never signed a paper either about payment :/

would it be worth trying to make a hassle out of $60? honestly, if I wasn't paid, I wouldn't be surprised if they said I was to work the full 6 hours but only stayed 2 1/2 hours.

asianfuntime

Postby ramseames » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:21 pm

I think you're kinda fucked man. Sounds under the table tbh and if you never signed a piece of paper you weren't really hired. Definitely fight them on it tho

ramseames

Postby JewTurk » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:36 pm

I'm imagining a bunch of illegals sitting around waiting for work and then little aft in his doc's just like "where he at?".

JewTurk

Postby hharrissonn » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:49 pm

feeling very uninspired and exhausted lately. being at home for the summer and doing essentially nothing is starting to take its toll. would like to get more involved on here again/actually give a shit about the clothes i put on my body but lack of funds and direction are making that difficult. kind of want to sell everything but basics and start over, but i don't know where to start.

on the plus side i did fairly well in school this year and had fun so it could be worse.

ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby can- » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:12 pm

can-

Postby roqq » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:49 pm

that feel when one of your good friends comes back to town and you find out through facebook this morning. because all your other friends were with him and took pics.

i think i'm working too much.

roqq

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:41 am

Not really sure where to put this so I'll just toss it up here.

Just had my last set of scans; this time an abdominal ultrasound and a chest x-ray. In the past it's been CT scans, orally imbibed contrast and originally both oral and IV contrast. Which, if you're wondering, produces this really excellent burning sensation that starts at the IV location. It follows the veins back to the heart and from there you can feel it reach every corner of your body, growing hotter and hotter. Not actually very pleasant, but it's an unforgettable sensation.

It's been 8 years. It's a wonderful milestone for obvious reasons but it'll be strange losing something that's been such a consistent presence in my life.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby bouquet » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:12 pm

I really have no idea how to handle the idea of growing away from a friend. Said friend had moved to a different town about two years back, and recently came back to a closer area. We've texted back and forth about hanging out and while he's a pretty cool person, I have nowhere near as much in common with him as I did before/don't feel as close as I used to feel to him. Most of the time when we hang out it's just him talking and me interjecting occasionally with "yeah" or "I can see that" etc. Problem is, I don't think he feels the same disconnect and there's no way to tactfully distance myself without being an asshole. It's frustrating and I feel like a bad person. How would you handle this situation?

bouquet

Postby starfox64 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:16 pm

how old are you?

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bouquet » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm young; 17 and a half or so. We were friends throughout the last two years of middle school and the first year of high school, but even then (freshman year) I could kind of feel a disconnect. He just puts off a whole different kind of "jizz" so to speak than I do as a person.

bouquet

Postby starfox64 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:42 pm

People naturally grow apart during high school and college. The people that I was close friends with at the end of high school was very different from the people I was close with at the end of middle school, and the people from home that I stayed in touch with during and after college was different still. Being a teenager is a pretty tumultuous time, and recognizing that you don't have much in common with people you used to be friends with doesn't make you a bad person or anything like that.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bouquet » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:49 pm

Fair enough, that definitely makes sense. People have changed crazy amounts. The other part (apart from feeling kind of bad about the whole thing) that I have trouble with is just the fact that I don't know if he feels we are different; and also I have no idea how to kind of gradually separate myself in a non-awful way? He's a pretty generally cool person but I don't know, he's a more outgoing person than I (I'm kinda boring in comparison) and when we hang out I constantly feel like he's a little over the top and doesn't really always understand the proper place and time for things. He's doing well for himself, but just kind of comes from a whole different direction than I.

bouquet

PreviousNext

Return to Care