[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:27 am

Probably. Took me an hour of lying in bed to fall asleep though which was really strange given what you would think would have happened.

ramseames

Postby sknss » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:19 pm

why would you do this ramseames

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby can- » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:27 pm

life becomes an arcade game after being awake for 24 hours

can-

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:31 pm

Came home after 2 weeks of working night shift. Got up at 2:30 pm on Monday and was awake until Tuesday evening.

ramseames

Postby freddy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:06 am

freddy

Postby charybdis » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:09 am

Ugh, I don't have class on tuesday and thursday and I've been living on this fucked up 24 hour cycle. It's so bad.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby starfox64 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:15 am

i had that schedule a few quarters when i was an upperclassman. definitely the most productive times for me. you can wake up at the same time every day and be productive. you just have to have the diligence to do homework and shit on your days off. but i found that being able to do my homework when everyone else was in class was a huge plus for my sleep schedule, my sanity, and my gpa. having a flexible schedule is one of the best parts of being a humanities major.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby charybdis » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:32 am

For sure. Although the motivation to leave the room sometimes escapes me.

charybdis

Postby schiaparelli » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:07 pm

i straight-up wouldn't move from one location for a lot of sophomore year
but now i alternate between living in studio and living in my room

here are my current feels:

schoolwork is picking up pace and suddenly i can't breathe because deadlines!
i have been consuming a lot of cough drops as my throat has been acting up
over-enthusiastic wardrobe purge has resulted in not enough clothing for a two-week laundry cycle

schiaparelli

Postby ramseames » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:08 am

Dude in Joe's apartment (shitty Vancouver nightclub ) wearing Fedora with a fedora with a feather in it. Honestly had no idea those people actually existed. Life is strange.

ramseames

Postby charybdis » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Would like to note that I'm always entertained when Jonathan Franzen shows up and writes a self involved essay about the internet being a bunch of tubes or some shit. At least this time he didn't write about how all people should die because we're killing the birds.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2013/s ... dern-world

I'm still quite fond of him. No regrets about once writing a 10 page paper about him.

Here's a good essay about his essay: http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/b ... in-us.html

charybdis

Postby freddy » Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:36 pm

it is i, da chinky-eyed kitten, feel me meow

freddy

Postby can- » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:58 pm

best thing about iPhone 5s is slo mo videos

can-

Postby RycePooding » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:12 pm

iOS 7 made me change my mind- will get new iPhone instead of switching to Galaxy.

RycePooding

Postby teck » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:10 am

my avatar is scary. thanks ben

teck

Postby can- » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:45 pm

feel free to change it! i thought it fit.

I get so many feels at coffee shops or delis when a woman (it always seems to be a woman) puts more than thirteen sugars or splendaa in their coffee

can-

Postby germinal » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:54 pm

anyone who puts sugar in their hot drinks is a fucking prat

germinal
Garminlad

Postby teck » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:39 pm

feeltalk time feelbros.

my gf and i argue a lot about my clothing choices. its a lil ironic because i think shes actually quite a stylish person. there's lots of weird baggage around it but it comes down to:

1) she thinks im dressing up to get attention from the opposite sex
2) she thinks my clothes (especially my latest baggy stuff) is really feminine sometimes
3) i think she wants me to dress real macho. in my mind she wants me to dress like ryan gosling or something.

on my end:

1) i prob do dress a bit for attention, but at the same time i really do dress for myself ultimately. the internet has taught me that for sure
2) i dont even know how to explain to her anti-fit without sounding like a total asshat
3) i don't mind jeans and a T but for me it reminds me of asshole bros, the same guys fuckheads who would mock a dude like me.

i for sure am overthinking this. need a fashion break. but just wanted to air that out.

oh and i dont go in for the 'break up with her dude' type of thing. she is amazing and i love her but we butt heads over this and i hate that it's even an issue

[/feelcode]

teck

Postby Syeknom » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:36 am

Sorry to hear that teck, we've talked about this before I remember. It's a difficult situation to navigate since at least some of the issue probably isn't even about you (I know that my girlfriend projects her insecurities onto how I present myself sometimes: warning me about dressing for attention or that my new haircut will get girls looking at me etc). That's frustrating for many many reasons (not least of which that more girls would probably give you attention were you in a t-shirt and jeans rather than swanning around in harem trousers and cropped suits!) but I think it's best to move that conversation away from clothes and focus it elsewhere.

I don't get people who say "feminine" like it's even remotely a bad thing - it's no better or worse than looking macho, no? I'm lucky in this respect that my clothing choices have gotten more butch - when my girlfriend first met me I wore drapey women's cardigans much to her amusement. Perhaps instead of explaining anti-fit (there is no real way to do so without being a bit of a prat) you could show her yohji looks from the runway/styleforum/whatever? Hand pick ones that best convey that sense of relaxed masculinity and talk about how that's where this is coming from and what an end-goal for it looks like.

I don't think you're overthinking this too much - if a guy started ragging on his girlfriend for how she dresses and telling her he'd rather she wear something else it'd have emotional consequences (and rightly so), this way around is no different. It's doubly frustrating for you when fashion is a hobby and something you invest a lot of time in and care about but it's not an uncommon situation. Imagine the henpecked slob husband comfortable in his baggy jeans and ratty t-shirts being hounded to make an effort and dress like Jude Law. His apathy is a shield whereas your passion is a weak spot but it's still uncomfortable for him.

For myself I'm glad my girlfriend has come to terms with my fashion stuff and finds it more amusing than irritating now. But we had a lot of arguing before that.

Syeknom

Postby thomaspaine » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:16 am

My girlfriend doesn't care at all...maybe it's because she knows thom browne isn't getting any girls boggy. Sometimes I wish she would do a better job of speaking out and letting me know when I look like a moron, but it's usually more like "oh I thought you were trying to look like a rapist today, that's not what you were going for?"

thomaspaine

Postby bels » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:34 am

When do you dress like a rapist T-p?

Teck that sucks man idk. Probably best to try and see the whole thing outside of anything to do with clothes becuase it's probably not about that, right?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:53 pm

happy birthday starfox64

are you a birthday person?

I've found that many girls I know dread or get very anxious around their birthdays. I used to not care much one way or another but in the last few years i really started to enjoy mine

can-

Re: recent purchases

Postby charybdis » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:53 pm

Edit: ryce, it's ifilm's cat

charybdis

Postby sknss » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:52 pm

your friends must not like cake
HOW SAD

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby germinal » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:31 pm

but i can eat cake every day

germinal
Garminlad

Postby RycePooding » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:22 pm

the amount I like cake is disgusting.

my birthday is next friday, i am going to be 23, I have mixed feelings about this

RycePooding

Postby starfox64 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:21 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bels » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:18 am

Please list forums if the list is amusing enough.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:32 am

deleted most of the emails but off the top of my head:

dvdtalk
avforums
boards and rec (had to look this one up. it used to be a simpsons forum, still has a lot of the same users from when i was on in like 2003-4)
animesuki
gamefaqs

also a quizbowl forum from when i was in high school

obviously i was (am?) a huge dork

starfox64

Postby Stingray Sam » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:18 am

My friend texted me at midnight telling me to not pick her up (we car pool to school) because of some crazy personal emergency that she won't tell me until later. I ended up having two terrible dreams, one about my mother dying and the other about my friend leaving (the last one isn'tas jarring as the first in retrospect)

Stingray Sam

PreviousNext

Return to Care