[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby brlmski » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:32 pm

my mom told me to get a girlfriend :(

brlmski

Postby arcticsound » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Every psychic I've ever talked to has been super bummed out by me.

arcticsound

Postby bels » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:44 pm

I still hate property. Old people all laugh at me when I say I'm thinking of buying a studio cellar next to the sewage treatment plant for 200k. "You should have bought something two years ago, the market has gone mental now."

Great idea fuckface, thanks.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby nevergreen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:10 pm

robin williams :(

nevergreen

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:26 pm

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,
The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
But O heart! heart! heart!
O the bleeding drops of red,
Where on the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills,
For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding,
For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
Here Captain! dear father!
The arm beneath your head!
It is some dream that on the deck,
You’ve fallen cold and dead.

My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,
My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will,
The ship is anchor’d safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,
From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
But I with mournful tread,
Walk the deck my Captain lies,
Fallen cold and dead.

Rest in peace, you beautiful man.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby purkinje » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:05 am

Back from an amazing week at a small Christian camp in the Adirondacks. Camp Fowler is a progressive protestant camp focused more on the message preached by Jesus of compassion, empathy, and acceptance than of conversion and faith. I know several people of different and no religion who attend each year.

Stuff I did:

• a dozen of us were dropped at 7:30am into a river in kayaks, paddled upstream for 6.5mi, portaged said 55 pound kayaks on our backs through 5 miles of sparsely marked bushwhack in the woods (accompanied by enthusiastic swarms of deerflies), put the kayaks into a lake and crossed it (2 miles), portaged for another ~2 miles of bushwhack, and finally kayaked across the lake the camp is situated on for 3 or so miles to our beach where we were met with 120 cheering campers, a hot dinner, and a shower. It took 12 hours in all and was one of the hardest but most rewarding trips I've ever done.

• I hiked my first high peak with Giant Mountain, where the fickle adk weather decided to both hail and rain on us when we reached the summit. Wore a new pair of shadow project pants which were really great for hiking in. Trip took 11 hours in all.

• Built a porch with maintenance staff and made grilled cheese with camp cookers (smiling)

• Chicken nugget day may be the closest thing to hell jesus camp will ever come to. I ate 40, others ate many more. Somehow the youngest cabin of boys (9th grade, 13-14 yrs old) were assigned to serve for the meal which means running back and forth to the kitchen windows frantically for an hour as tables collectively raise hands and call for more food. General chaos, nuggets everywhere, weeping and mourning and gnashing of teeth

• Tie dyed a pair of khaki shorts and an old flannel which actually came out kinda cool

It was my eighth and final year at camp and it was emotional and exhausting and renewing and introspective. The camp director is one of the nicest, most genuine, most spiritual people I have ever met, and my college essay was written partially about Kent and the camp. He accompanied us on our kayak and was pretty much the only thing that kept us going. Amazing storyteller as well. The level of acceptance and openness at Camp Fowler is something that I've never really experienced elsewhere and is very hard for me to explain in words. I cried for the first time in awhile as we were saying goodbyes on Saturday morning before leaving. Camp fires, acoustic guitars pervading every timber-framed corner of every building, chickens roaming around casually, birkenstocks and tevas and flannels and coffee mugs and camelbaks, singing after every meal and before going to bed and in the mornings still half-asleep huddled on logs, mildewy showers, bunk beds, leashless spaniels, damp clothes, huddling for warmth, old sweatshirts, and a complete lack of electronic communication are all essential parts of camp. Hope to volunteer and/or work on staff for next summer, though NEU co-ops and such will prohibit working there after that :(

Stripping all the outside influences off and being really, truly in the ephemeral is incredibly refreshing. Camp makes me feel both very small and large, being part of something more than myself, connected to all other individuals who are there with me and yet important in my own.

bunch of us looking deceptively enthusiastic on the kayak

wore an OL sweat to service on Friday

http://campfowler.org/

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby can- » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:58 am

u should get Kent on the site.

can-

Postby starfox64 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:02 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby starfox64 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:02 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby starfox64 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:25 pm

starfox64

Postby papabear » Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:31 pm

grrrrrr venting time: So I met one of my current housemates two years ago during my 2nd year of college. During the first year I lived with him, he was a pretty cool guy. We had a great year living with each other and became good friends. So we decided to continue living together the next year and rented out a 3 br house with another friend of mine. This past year I have discovered a decent amount of bad habits he has.

First of all, he's too lazy to close anything. Whether it be the garage door, the front door, the cabinet doors, to even the lid of the body wash we share, he doesn't close any of it. Our neighborhood is decent except there's always gardeners and other creepos roaming in the streets. Secondly, he doesn't turn anything off. Lights, TV, and even the stove. Over winter break, he left the the gas stove turned on for a week or so. Surprisingly our house wasn't burned down but cost us 5x our normal gas bill. Thirdly, he's dirty and messy. The kitchen is always a mess. Since I'm not living there over summer, I've been told by my other house mate that last week, he spilt something on the floor while cooking. He decided to throw a towel over it and just leave it there. The towel is still sitting on the floor in the exact same position today. Lastly, he doesn't have the common courtesy to tell his housemates that he will be having guests over. For example, this week he invited some dude he's met for 1 week to sleep over on our couch for a week. My other housemate was informed when the dude was already laying on our couch. His girlfriend has also been living in his room for the entire summer, which he has yet to inform me, and has no intentions of chipping in for utilities. My other housemate will be leaving for HK in a week so he has the house to himself until I get back mid september. I hope it's not burnt down or ransacked by the time I get back. I'm gonna have to sit down and have a big talk with him.

papabear

Postby rublev » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:37 pm

hhhmmm :(

rublev
Political Editor

Postby freddy » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:24 pm

so apparently i have a black girl fan club

how2whitegrlfanclubthoe?

freddy

Postby bels » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:31 am

sort it out freddy.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:05 am

after an emotional break down last night i checked ucas and for some reason the university of Worcester wants to give me a place.

maj

Postby nevergreen » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:29 am

one of my friends just turned 21 on tuesday and he's been in jail for like 6 months at this point. another friend lost his ID a couple months and still hasn't got a new one (even tho it costs like $15 lmao...) and he can't visit with an expired license. almost 5 months ago he got fired for attendance issues.

last night i was informed by my friend's (one in jail) twin sister that you can visit with a passport wow that's great news! around midnight i ask my friend if he has a passport. a little over an hour ago he messages me back (via fb since his phone got shut off when he got fired and hasn't had the money to get it turned back on) completely ignoring me asking if i could text a friend to see if he could drop off his fm transmitter like how about no??? i fucking ask you something and you don't even acknowledge me then ask me to do something? it's not like he just was like hey no he asks me to do something which he could do himself if he got off his lazy fucking ass and got a job. all he does is lay around his house or hang out/party with people like get off your ass or maybe at least acknowledge me before you ask me to do something!!! maybe a month back he was supposed to work at the polls and make like $120 for the day and during his break he just left like the fuck? i asked him why and he's just like i didn't feel like it. like ok..... you're always complaining about money then you pull this shit,

so fuckin annoying

nevergreen

Postby thatbiglake » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:58 pm

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby navin » Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:36 am

Im going to try and get into med school next year although I'm not 100% sure what I want to study, medicine is something that I've always been atratect to. Still though it's terrifying to not be sure of what to do, most of my friends and my brothers all seem to knew what they wanted amd want to study and I dont, and being the last of four brother all of which are very successful puts a lot of pressure on me :|.

The way colleges work in my country is that to get In you have to take a exam with whatever number of people want to get in (which is usually 100+ although I don't know the number really well) and the 10 highest scorers get in. The exams are extremely difficult and to pass is necessary to take a 6 months to a year of extra classes after yoy graduate high school because the school system is so shit that if you where to take the exams right after graduation you would fail miserably.

navin

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:10 am

my SO is moving across the country to Washington D.C. for school and it's very scary to think about what the future will be like between us. I believe that we can make it through school, however we won't know until we get there. I'm so excited for her considering that she got into her dream school for very cheap, but at the same time i just want to stop everything and continue living the same life we have for the past year. It seems so unreal right now knowing that our lives will radically change in 24 hrs. My friend that i have been hanging out with mostly for the past months also left for denmark for a month on thursday so i'm going to try to reconnect with all my friends who are leaving for school soon.

On another note i've applied to the University of Washington and I'm confident that I'm going to get in. Though i've also been looking at backup schools and have noticed a notable lack of good schools on the west coast outside of California (too expensive & don't really want to live there). I'm reapplying to Portland State and UBC for transfers, but in comparison to UW they aren't the greatest. FeministFatal suggested Rutgers and after looking at it it seems almost better than UW with an even higher acceptance rate. It's not too expensive for out of state and it has the #2 overall philosophy school and a very highly ranked business school. The problem is that it's on the east coast which a long ways away and the entire concept of going to a school on the opposite side of the country seems so intimidating. It is closer to my SO, but that honestly shouldn't be a factor. If anyone can provide any thoughts on Rutgers, going to school a long ways away or the difficulty of getting into Rutgers business school that'd be chill. Also does anyone know if Rutgers philosophy school is open admissions or not? It sounds like it, but it's not exactly clear.

Stingray Sam

Postby missrowan » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:06 am

, goes to Rutgers.

As far as going somewhere far for school: I went to school in California, coming from fake canada. It was a big change but I think it's a lot easier than you may think. I'm not sure what your exact concerns are but I'm guessing you're anxious about leaving behind your friends and family? Going somewhere new where you know no one can indeed be scary. The good news is that mostly everyone in university is similar to you in many ways (you have ambition, interests, and the student life experience in common) and everyone wants to make friends! I don't think you'll find an easier time to meet and connect with people.

Plus I can say that I felt very empowered and "grown up" for lack of a better description when I was forced to sort out things on my own without my family's help. It really makes you grow and it's a great boost to see that you can indeed take care of yourself and do Real Adult Responsibilities. Plus, your parents will always be a phone call away if you really get stuck, and generally friends are supportive and happy to help out.

If you think it's a great opportunity, I would really recommend taking the plunge.

missrowan

Postby inherently » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:22 am

, Rutgers is defintely great as far as state schools go. Part of the appeal is that it's huge and diverse, so it is 100% what you make of it. You're pretty much guaranteed to find any and all of the things you might enjoy, and you get to pick and choose the good stuff from all areas: academics, clubs, sports, social life, etc. New Brunswick isn't exactly a picturesque college town, but there's plenty to do on campus, and NYC is just an hour bus/train ride away.

I don't know too much about the business school, but I know that if you don't get in your first year, you can always transfer in from SAS (School of Arts and Sciences) in your sophomore year, which should be relatively easy if you do well your first year (like 3.5 GPA maybe?). You just have to be in SAS to major in philosophy, there's no special process/school for that. The intro to philosophy class that I took was great.

In general, college is really about the people you meet and the opportunities that you can get. If you go in and make the most out of college, you'll be happy with whatever decision you made. If you've got any more questions, feel free to PM me!

inherently

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:46 am

Part of my fears is that i went to running start so after this quarter i'll be transferring to somewhere with a 2 year degree at it just seems like i'm taking a plunge into the real world very quickly. I know that i should really try to get the most out of life, but i just want to make sure that i'm sure so that my parents will support me. I like doing things on a whim and honestly would pack up leave for Rutgers right now if i could, but there's a lot of pressure to be "better safe than sorry" and for some reason my dad just seems set on having me go to UW or somewhere on the west coast even though they're giving me a lump sum of money for college and saying have at it.

Inherently that sounds awesome! I am a little bit worried about Rutgers not having as high of ranking in terms of their business school, however that probably isn't something that i should really be too concerned about as an undergrad.

Stingray Sam

Postby WikiZuHeltzer » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:55 am

Heard yesterday morning that the family dog died :(. She was very very old so it wasn't too much of a shock. She's been in the family since I was 8.

I'm in France, so I wasn't there with her when she went, but sometimes you just know right? So I said goodbye to her properly before I left.

These were pictures I got couple of days before I went away.

She was my baby and I miss her terribly already.

WikiZuHeltzer

Postby arcticsound » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:35 pm

Life is so weird right now. I'm trying to not get too attached to this one person but the way things are working out for both of us it's almost unavoidable. I really hope I'm making good choices.

arcticsound

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:58 pm

just said goodbye to at the airport today. I almost started crying, though i don't think reality of her absence will really hit me for a while. I'm excited to see how our lives will turn out, but i also can't wait till winter break. I just want school to start again so that i can stay busy.

Stingray Sam

Postby Prae » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:40 pm

I stalked through the Facebook-group of my to-be classmates for uni and they are not what I had imagined. I have this bad gut-feeling that I can't shake and it sucks. Also I know one guy who's also in my class and he is this massive druggie who always asks if I want to do 2CB(?) with him and his friends, god I really hope uni goes well..

Prae

Postby Prae » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:40 pm

Prae

Postby ramdomthought » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:02 pm

don't take 2ce or 2cb

they're intense and can fuck you up

that guy sounds like a twat

ramdomthought

Postby Prae » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:19 pm

Prae

Postby nick » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:16 pm

Let me reinforce what bueno said - the people who joined (and especially posted) the (in my example) "Class of 2014" page for my university were primarily really trashy/bro/whatever typical Jersey stereotypes. My orientation was full of really similar people.
Made me super worried for University, but the people who get super excited for orientation or Class of ___ pages before that class starts are those who are really excited for the party aspect.

People who aren't obnoxious don't make themselves so obviously known, but once you really look you'll see plenty of chill people around (smiling)

EDIT: drugs - the internet seems to say that (frequent) psychedelic drug use leads to enlightment and happiness, and is harmless, but all I've seen in my friends is burning out and failure of bright people. I know you won't do them but it still gets me upset that people on the net act like drugs have never hurt anyone.

nick
Eminent Eminem

PreviousNext

Return to Care