[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby venilla » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:47 pm

just came back home from my trip to texas to find out that a friend overdosed on xanax, vicodin, and a bunch of other shit. i'm very happy that he survived and is seeking help to kick this habit. can't physically be there to support him since we live in different states, but i'm glad to know he is surrounded by people who care for him

venilla

Postby popcorn » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:07 am

54 hours until I wake up for school, what a frightening reality.

Hold me, sweatshirt collection. Hold me tightly.

popcorn

Postby bels » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:06 am

Really scared right now. I opened my wardrobe this morning and there was a moth on one of my socks. Absolutely bricking it. *Prayer emoji*

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:45 am

Katy and I just got back from India finishing off developing fabrics in the forest. It was amazing and singular but I just got back to one of my dayjobs to find 244 emails sent to me, 425 cc's and a smattering of 'all office' memos.

I was away 7 working days.

Katy has gone up to the factory to check on production and all I can think of is whether or not she'll have more emails than me or not because she's been away an extra day.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby papabear » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Fuck driving. Fuck LA. I scraped my coworkers bumper and fender this morning and he said it's gonna cost 600+ to repaint. Why can't we just all teleport to work.

papabear

Postby chilljin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:38 pm

this is a great community and i want some good feels in this thread

what do you feel happy about today (smiling)

I realized i'm full swing on my journey into manhood and whilst leaving behind my youth and it's many qualities is saddening, the prospects of the adventure before me are incredible (smiling)

chilljin

Postby purkinje » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:48 pm

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby chilljin » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:55 pm

chilljin

Postby popcorn » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:57 pm

As much as CLASSES are going to consist of me flailing in the wind, I've also never been as confident in myself and mentally strong and rational as I am right at this moment, so even if school's gonna be a series of unfortunate events, I'll be ready to come at it with a nice attitude.

I'm receiving an immense amount of responsibility and respect in comparison to every past year of my life, but I'm still 12 years old at heart.

Also, I have a lot of sweatshirts to choose from. Strong positive.

popcorn

Postby smiles » Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:04 pm

When I was eighteen I did a morally Bad Thing that I look back on with regret and I'd like to think I wouldn't do that same thing at twenty-one and a half. I guess that's progress. If i went back over chat logs or something I'd probably see some more progress but i'm not doing that under any circumstances (shudder)

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:17 am

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby donut_milk » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:29 am

donut_milk

Postby bels » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:05 am

28 is when you start feeling like an adult. Trust.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Yoder » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:35 am

Probably because you've made it past the 27 club, you're in life for the long haul at 28.

Yoder

Postby Syeknom » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:01 am

"18" and "adult" don't belong in the same sentence (unless that sentence also contains the word "film").

Syeknom

Postby stappard_ » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:04 am

I felt well grown up at 18 but now I think the difference between late teens and mid 20s is cavernous. One nuance is that people I know who never moved out of their parents house still feel quite similar to the person I knew at school, even a long time afterwards. I think moving away and living alone has an incredible effect on most people's development.

I also suspect that the last 5 years of anyone's life will always feel like the bit where they've grown the most

stappard_

Postby freddy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:23 am

don't think i'll ever feel like a mature adult - but that could just be me on care-tags

:sweg:

freddy

Postby bels » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:47 am

You start feeling like an adult when somebody weaker than you needs you.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby wiggly--woo » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:22 am

i started to feel like an adult from the start of my second year at uni, mainly because i'm now buying my own food, paying rent, paying bills for the gas, electricity, internet etc. having said that, in a few years i'll inevitably look back at uni as being pretty juvenile, or perhaps as a nice transition phase from feeling like a kid to feeling like an adult.

most of the friends i grew up with didn't go to uni though so every time i go home it's weird to see how some of them have grown into fully fledged (and to some extent prematurely middle-aged) responsible adults, whilst others look like kids in adult bodies or just older incarnations of Holden Caulfied.

wiggly--woo

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:52 am

you're not going to physically die from taking 2ce or 2cb

saying that it's crazy misinformation to recommend that someone who doesn't know what 2ce is shouldn't go take it is a load of bullshit.

Jumping into 2ce as your starter hallucinogen is the most fucked up thing you could do to yourself. Plenty of other stuff to start with if that's the avenue you want to explore.

don't be a twat

ramdomthought

Postby rublev » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:43 am

Gaza ceasefire over, Ukraine still on the precipice, ebola breakout continues, Yazidis stuck up a mountain or being slaughtered in northern Iraq, another shooting in Ferguson, US journalist beheaded by Islamists...

I was gonna make a news / current affairs thread for us all but i think it would be too depressing.

EDIT (bela):

LOL someone literally made one today and i didn't even see it a few topics down.

I was gonna call mine 'bullets, ballots and bombs' :(

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:29 am

Why am i in the edit

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:57 am

I meant to say Germ but got mixed up looking at my rep :(

I didn't mean to bring you into this

rublev
Political Editor

Postby CPV1 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:46 pm

CPV1

Postby bobo77 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:22 pm

Moving into my dorm tomorrow, orientation, etc. Feeling very excited but also socially anxious. Any social tips for orientation?

bobo77

Postby purkinje » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:31 pm

Put yourself out there even if it seems awkward, try to get to know as many people as possible, participate in the activities even if they seem goofy or lame. Find a group of people to hang around with or at least another person so you're not eating alone. Remember that everyone else is going through the same thing and no one knows each other at all. It will be a little weird and awkward at times but from what friends have said it seems like all college orientations are a little weird. and I had the same orientation back in July so we geeked out over clothes and such :cool:

BRING A WINDOW FAN, I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH

a disaster is a terrible thing to waste
purkinje

Postby rublev » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:03 pm

what's the best way to forget about someone you don't want to forget

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Ques » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:19 pm

chewing gum calms your nerves, try that? also just remember that everyone else is in the exact same boat as you, and is just as insecure/worried about making friends

Ques

Postby jrisk » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:51 pm

my mom says that chewing gum makes you look cooler and more approachable

jrisk

Postby JewTurk » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:39 pm

To finish my rep comment... They were also twins

A majority of the people said whoever was chewing the gum was usually "better" depending on the question. They were asked questions like "who is more aproachable? who has a nicer personality?" etc etc etc and it was really interesting.

The dead pan looks of the non-chewer kind of gave it away though, they seemed very depressed/sad/angry in comparison to the gum chewer.

JewTurk

PreviousNext

Return to Care