[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby bels » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:51 pm

but go anyway

bels
Yung Winona

Postby RycePooding » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:51 pm

I'm not sure, its brand new though, I'm going to go test ride it later this week. It'd probably cost me less then a stellar touring bike fully loaded (Surly Long Haul Trucker,) and that's something else I'm interested in doing (bike rather than moped) but I like the idea of a moped because I can get more miles//day, see more, but still get the fresh air and adventure feel. I drop ~10k miles last summer and that felt like hardly an accomplishment in my hatchback Volvo that I can just sleep in. Not much of an adventure that way.

RycePooding

Postby RycePooding » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:51 pm

Bela- I don't know, but it's worth a shot, right?

RycePooding

Postby bels » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:05 pm

Anything's worth a shot on this shitcan planet.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby thomaspaine » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:38 pm

You don't get many opportunities to take extended trips/adventures as a grown up, so I always think you should take them whenever you can. What are you going to remember more 10 years from now, two months backpacking Europe or two months at a job?

Of course it would be better to have some semblence of a plan or job waiting for you when you return. It's easier to find entry level jobs using your school network while you're still there than post-graduation, not to mention worrying about burning through your savings.

thomaspaine

Postby Syeknom » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:46 pm

Once you get tied down to a partner, career and the grim spectre of children creep into your life travel becomes so many times harder than before if even still possible. It's not the solution to everything or for everyone but I fear it's something most will regret not having done once Life happens and you realise how trapped you are.

Syeknom

Postby hooplah » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:53 pm

i always wish i could just quit my job and go gallivanting around europe and asia and south america but besides the myriad of typical obstacles in my way, i'm a girl and there's a different "danger" aspect to the whole thing. all my guy friends who have done that did it alone just fine, all my girl friends went in groups and only visited major cities and landmarks

hooplah

Postby sknss » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:58 pm

You shouldn't have watched Taken!

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby maj » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:12 pm

i feel you hooplah,

ever increasingly i've been thinking that there is so much pressure to plan for the future, go to school, work at it, then work at work to get more work all in the hope of getting money, only to be put in a place where you have to work harder. till it gets to the point where you're lusting after your two weeks holiday to escape only to go back and work. now i'm not adverse to work, i worked all summer/weekends away for silly hours over the last years and agree it has its place. however i cant help but think how it would be great just to pack a rucksack with some passports, some money, a camera and a laptop then just travel. go anywhere any time and just keep going till you run out of money, then when you do go home work long enough to build up enough to do it again. Europe seems prime place to do it, right on my doorstep, cheap cities all around and borderless travel for me at least and home is only around the corner.

sounds like some angsty teen dream and to some extent it is, my cousin done it for a good few years and to some extent still does it and it seems to have worked out fine. dreams could soon become reality however depending how school goes this year, for better or worse.

maj

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:25 pm

I think big trips can solve things, it depends what you need solving!

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby RycePooding » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:32 pm

I guess I should figure out what needs solving first.

RycePooding

Postby hooplah » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:37 pm

i'm jealous of all you europeans because you are so close to other countries. i think it's hard for non-americans to understand the vastness of the united states until they actually come here to visit

driving from lisbon to moscow would take 42 hours

driving from san diego, california to augusta, maine would take 46

hooplah

Postby Syeknom » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:49 pm

Being this close to one another has resulted in a fair few violent scrapes over the years though.

Syeknom

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:58 pm

hooplah I drive yearly from London to either Barcelona or Porec, but its not a great drive. However, yeah we can fly pretty easily and I'm thankful for that. I lived in Vietnam for a while and that was even better, I could hop to all kinds of interesting places from there.

And RycePooding, travelling doesn't have to be a cathartic experience. It also doesn't have to involve tonnes of money. Just do stuff, you wont regret it.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby charybdis » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:48 pm

One of my 2nd cousins was telling me about how there was a British exchange student at her university who flipped out when she was telling him about how it would take her 22 hours to get home in another province by train.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby starfox64 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:23 pm

It's not quite the same, but I think that visiting other parts of America is kind of underrated. I have done a few cross-country drives from California to Chicago and back, and both times we saw a lot of the country that was new and different and really cool. Europe is way more densely populated and doesn't have places like Utah and Nevada (huge empty swaths of land), but there is still plenty of cultural variety to be found in the USA, and I think to a certain extent those of us who are from gay liberal coastal states tend to forget that. I'm super guilty of this.

Of course, it's way less romantic to tell people that you spent three weeks in Arkansas or something.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby can- » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:37 pm

who's ready to go in on some AM95s with me?

germinal, skns lookin atcha

can-

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:02 pm

Shit man it depends on the colorway but if it's that OG neon green greyscale thing I might be interested.

Also:

I stay strapped like car seats, been banging
Since my lil' nigga Rob got killed for his Barkleys
That's ten years, I told Pooh in ninety-five
I'll kill you if you try me for my Air Max 95's

UnwashedMolasses

Postby sknss » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:50 am

i like them but i've got no simoleons atm

sknss

Postby germinal » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:17 am

i'm feeling the maroon ones

i recently read that 95s are the petty criminal's shoe of choice

germinal
Garminlad

Postby can- » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:34 am

this works for me because i've been thinking a lot about doing hood stuff recently

can-

Postby freddy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:41 pm

ugh that feel when its just that time where you know its enough time to run across town on the metro to pick up a package from the PO before they close, but you're still sitting on your ass contemplating about doing it, but you know you'll beat yourself up if you wait another day so instead i share my frustrations here with you guys

freddy

Postby sknss » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:42 pm

go now freddy, you can do it!

sknss

Postby parastexis » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:47 pm

One the subject of adventure... I'm in my last year of college too, and I just got back from a short eurotrip and it was life changing. I did it solo, hitch hiked everywhere, never made plans on where to sleep or where to go, and learned so much about humanity and even more about myself. People I met were always interesting, hospitable, and fun as fuck because we had the same spirit. It really made me rethink how much time and money I spend on clothes and other possessions (ok I know I know materialism is a tired subject on fashion boards) when I did the best 10 days of my life off $150, (excluding some clothes I bought in Berlin...).

parastexis

Postby freddy » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:55 pm

rofl, I ended up hitching a ride with my friend who had german tutoring in town. holy fuck cars are fast – beautiful fall foliage scenary driving too

yeah, my friend about to graduate and wants to rent an apt this coming summer in berlin with his study abroad Austria buddy; he said I could come crash and suggested that I can do my online classes there as living accommodations are reasonable. He may stay even longer if he gets accepted into his year-long exchange program. tho I just need to get my shit together by then.

I ended up picking this up lol

freddy

Postby Stingray Sam » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:17 pm

gosh i'm sick and it sucks. I think it would be so amazing just to randomly drop everything and go on a trip somewhere. Somehow i think it would be way more satisfying to do that than planning one weeks or months in advance.

Stingray Sam

Postby smiles » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:47 am

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby freddy » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:10 pm

man i saw a lot of familiar faces lately, and goddamn people got fatter. same with people getting old lol anyone see change with people but then act like nothing happened?

I feel this is also me, i really grew up within these past three years and am usually perceived as older. (I'm 21).

lol btw talk about getting old, I remember going to an appointment at the local hospital here or simply just using the building to cut through town, and I caught the playstaff lady checking me out from way back when, in the elevator, when I was in-patient staying overnight or whatever when I was 15~, going through chemotherapy treatment. like, she totally felt embra and was staring away, until I reconvened with her, and I ended up getting a tour of the playrom and catching up and she gave me a dunkin's gift card rofl

freddy

Postby sknss » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:32 pm

went to see the film i was really looking forward to and it didn't make me feel the feels i wanted to feel, but how could it match my expectations?
now i'm jaded and my apartment smells like steak

sknss

Postby bels » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:56 pm

majhax stop stealing my joke about Nike r&d I swear to god.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Care