[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby BobbyZamora » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:27 am

"Depressive realism is the proposition that people with depression actually have a more accurate perception of reality, specifically that they are less affected by positive illusions of illusory superiority and optimism bias.

Studies by psychologists Alloy and Abramson (1979) and Dobson and Franche (1989) suggested that depressed people appear to have a more realistic perception of their importance, reputation, locus of control, and abilities than those who are not depressed.

Depressed people may be less likely to have inflated self-images and see the world through “rose-colored glasses” thanks to cognitive dissonance elimination and a variety of other defense mechanisms that allow [individuals] to ignore or otherwise look beyond the harsh realities of life."

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby Bryan » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:26 am

my dog just passed away and I gotta work a 12 hour shift

my parents and brother knew from the start she wouldn't last long, that's what they told them when we adopted her less than 8 years ago, that's why nobody wanted to take her in.

fuck

wya
Bryan

Postby meatjacket » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:22 pm

working the night shift tonight and then an 8 hour shift tomorrow wow cant wait!

meatjacket

Postby RycePooding » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:27 pm

I'm so sorry man :(

RycePooding

Postby JewTurk » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:38 pm

Know that feel. Work always turns into a pissing contest about "who has the shittier shift" and everyone gets in shit moods and it becomes a really terrible environment really quick.

e:

Closing tonight (still getting to eat at Thanksgiving though) then working open to close tomorrow. Luckily the theater doesn't open early on black Friday so I'll get to do my shopping before work anyways.

JewTurk

Postby wiggly--woo » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:32 pm

when you're on a train heading out of a big city you can look out the window and watch as all the tall buildings and bright lights gradually fade into the distance. for me its a very depressing thing to watch, and there have been a lot of days recently where that train out of the city is what my life is starting to feel like.

i've also realised that my perpetually overwhelming fear of getting older is continually going to be made worse by the fact that i am indeed getting older.

wiggly--woo

Postby freddy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:39 pm

I feel good. Period. (smiling)

freddy

Postby freddy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:47 pm

No. Actually, I feel fucking f-f-f-fabulous. (smiling))

freddy

Postby zayg » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:48 pm

likely yes, and i don't even remember getting and okc message during that meetup aha but it very well could have been her

zayg

Postby zayg » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:53 pm

god damnit , your happiness is negatively correlated with my happiness

kidding i'm actually pretty happy these days except for the backlog of homework i want to ignore until it goes away

zayg

Postby freddy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:55 pm

But press *69 if u r horny ;)

freddy

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:33 pm

Working 12 hours tomorrow and Monday. Every other day too. Over 60 hours between tomorrow and Wednesday. That's oddly not a complaint, I was unemployed for almost three years and its busy enough that I'm making over 20$/hr.

Hard to put into words the contrast in being this productive against the helplessness of depression and unemployment. Good holidays. (smiling)

Oh yeah, and thank god for adderall.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:01 am

depending on when, and what page you click on (product pages, not shipping and whatever) actually pretty high. Maybe 15%? Haha. I'm Tyler. Please be nice if you come on the chat. I get enough sexual harassment from the Manchester underwear bandit.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby madisseur » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:53 am

idk what i'm actually good at so i just don't do anything ~`>/,
also, being constantly around/interacting with people who don't seem to comprehend or regard anything i say is pretty demoralizing

madisseur

Postby missrowan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 2:03 am

since it's thanksgiving and everything...

I've known for over five years now and he is by far one of the most incredible people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I'm sure anyone who's had the chance to really talk to him has probably noticed that he's full of sass and wit, and he's one of the most fun people I know to hang out with. probably embarrassing him right now, but it's okay because there's a photobooth filter on that photo (circa hot 2009 technology), so who can argue with that kind of kool factor?

thank you dr. lunch for being one of my best friends and, more importantly, for getting me into this craziness called internet fashion (because y'all are a bunch of top notch people).

hope you all are having a great holiday (for those in america) or a great kickoff to the weekend (for everyone else). go have some mcdobop's, on me. stay safe and warm and happy, everyone.

missrowan

Postby smiles » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:08 pm

Got a job back in hk with a living wage! Teaching English, which I'm not super passionate about, but there will be extra time for me to do something I want.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby pei » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:08 am

i haven't been so emotionally invested with a person before

i'm not particularly good with words but

coming out of a 2 year relationship (which towards the end resulted me in breaking up with the other party due to disinterest), i quickly found myself in a situation that i wouldn't have thought would happen so soon. although its cliche and it seems like it's a bit of a stretch, i feel that the boo as of 2 months and a few days has been with me for the longest time -- and i want to be with him for more. i feel extremely comfortable and safe, unlike my discomfort and feelings of restriction in my past relationships. i'm no longer afraid to voice my opinions and thoughts about things, and feign interest in many subjects. being a child who grew up with the internet, i ended up fabricating a lot of facts about myself to share with other people when they ask about myself. this easily resulted into being uncomfortable with my self and being debilitating to my wellbeing. but he changed that. i grew to share more about me with him as well as becoming more comfortable with, and appreciating myself as a person.

this is also pretty much the first irl relationship that i've had, so i'm really happy that a lot of my first experiences were with him. i can't wait to grow and watch our relationship develop even further~

shoutouts to , i love you so much!!

:0)
pei

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:26 pm

day #6264

my life is starting to feel inescapably bland

I spend my evenings doing nothing, eating, and listening to four tet until I fall asleep

harmsalmon

Postby can- » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:44 pm

what u gonna do about it b? complain on the Internet?2

can-

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:11 am

yes

10char

harmsalmon

Postby Muzzle » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:25 am

She kissed me (drunk) and then came to her senses that she's been leading me on for months.

I feel like an emotional cocktail in the worst type of way.

Muzzle

Postby popcorn » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:30 pm

So, my brother's been away at university for ~3-4 months now. He updates my parents and I infrequently, but I know his classes, and I know largely who his friends are. His classes are going well, he hangs out with a lot of Asians, some expats, and he has a way to drink. My parents found out today that he went to the hospital after blacking out drinking last week. The school called to tell them that he begins counselling tomorrow.

I don't know why my mom elected to tell me, but this is kind of a blow to the way I think of my big brother. He's an flintstone to me, the darling of many teachers I have right now, and the success story of his class. I dunno, nothing here is so remarkable, but it's a paradigm shift for me.

Anyway, school is fine. Classes, stress, research, blah blah blah. The current takeaway is that being a friend to people, as it would turn out, is hard. At least with high schoolers.

popcorn

Postby rjbman » Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:55 pm

To be honest, it's quite easy to fall into that sort of stuff. I wouldn't look poorly on him too much, especially if this is his first exposure to alcohol. Hopefully with counseling and a little self-control (and familial support), he'll not have it happen again.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby can- » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:51 pm

blacking out and getting hospitalized is a super common occurrence amongst college freshmen, and most university health services have fairly low thresholds for when they determine someone needs to be taken in.

not saying it's not scary but it's in no way a reflection of character.

can-

Postby ramseames » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:55 pm

ramseames

Postby AmericanPie » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:58 am

I met someone recently and she's playing a show this Thursday. I'm giddy and smitten and super excited to see her again and trying not to get ahead of myself, even though I totally know I am.

AmericanPie

Postby popcorn » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:30 am

Thanks guys. You all pretty much mirror the creeping idea I had that this happens pretty often. Maybe it's just the American south-east culture getting to me. I should be less Puritan and more Danish about drinking.

popcorn

Postby JonjoShelvey » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:39 pm

After my dog was put down a few weeks ago my other dog seemingly got sad and stopped being excited about things. Yesterday we found out he has a spinal disease and his blood cells are attacking each other, but that he would be fine. Today we found out he is in a lot of pain and needs to be put down. Losing two dogs in a month isn't fair.

JonjoShelvey

Postby JonjoShelvey » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:50 pm

Thanks everyone

JonjoShelvey

Postby KLF » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:39 pm

im tired and hungry and frustrated and grumpy

today is poop and dumb *pukes*

KLF

PreviousNext

Return to Care