[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby bels » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:00 pm

If you catch the Wrong Train you go everywhere on your way to Cambridge and it's full of Arsenal fans.

Iffe in my experience you either have one or you don't.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby iffe » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:05 pm

are you saying this is how it's gonna be

iffe

Postby bels » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:14 pm

Never known anyone to sit down and draw a mindmap or whatever and then work out what their direction in life is, but there's probably a huge swathe of self help books based around that exact idea.

There's a fatwa against me ever giving life advice.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:45 pm

have you bottomed out yet iffe?

things don't seem to change until the pain of the status quo becomes stronger than anxiety and other defenses against change

can-

Postby teck » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:09 pm

iffe a direction isn't something you find like it's treasure under a rock, it's something you create as you go along and u realize you've been doing in hindsight

teck

Postby bels » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:07 am

On the topic of "going out" I went out last night till 3.30 and just feel lame that I had to sleep till 11 and skip going to the gym because of it.

In honesty I think weekends are too short to waste them going out.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby maj » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:46 am

been ill for a moth now with headaches, saw my doctor multiple times and went to my cardiologist who's eventually pined it on something to do with my circulation and migraines. bit of a relief really as it's 'fixable' but i have to admit for the last month i've bee a miserable cunt to everyone irl at school and work. hoping what my doctor has given me will sort it out but apparently it ca take up to a month to 'work' and leave me drowsy and stuff so it could be some time yet.

annoying as usually i'm a chilled care free person with minimal worries but over this time i've been a wreck of a person, hope this sorts it out and i can get back to normal. few work mates come back from uni for half term so that should be good.

maj

Postby starfox64 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:49 am

that sucks dude. being sick and miserable is the worst.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:02 am

Chin up, maj. Sorry to hear you're so unwell. Enough to make anyone crabby,

Syeknom

Postby Triggerdisk » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:18 am

Triggerdisk

Postby Syeknom » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:38 am

Drama (inter-forum or otherwise), meta-bitching and hostility aren't really things we want here, trig. The rest of the fashion-internet is already completely polluted by energy-draining negativity and people ragging on others - let's just keep things chill, enjoy each other's company and talk about clothes.

Syeknom

Postby sknss » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:48 am

trig, i didn't mean to be a dick but this is your first post here and you’re bitching about another forum. What do you want me to say? I’m sorry reddit doesn’t fulfill your expectations anymore, and you’re welcome to post here with a positive attitude

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby soundclip989 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:25 am

I like to pretend they don't exist while I'm here.

soundclip989

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:33 am

Can't believe I missed out on drama.

Must be something in the air. For the first time in living memory I lost my temper with someone today too.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Syeknom » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:42 am

Were they cruisin' for a bruisin', bobbin?

I never ever lost my temper up until a few months ago and now I can't stop it's horrible

Syeknom

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:45 am

Yes, they 100% deserved it, though I shouldn't have lost my temper.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby maj » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:50 am

every time i lose my temper i get immense regret a good 5 minutes later it wont go away till I've apologized to the person. one guy at work told me i was cooking to many chips when we were an hour into service and i was like 'oh fuck off i know what i'm doing' and i couldn't sleep for a week.

maj

Postby can- » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:44 am

hahaha sorry maj that encounter makes me smile. I've had that same experience a million times in the kitchen. also I am ALWAYS RIGHT >(smiling)

I try to lose my temper as often as possible. being out of touch with your anger is no good

can-

Postby Syeknom » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:45 am

You're talking to three english guys - being out of touch with our anger is a default condition

Syeknom

Postby schiaparelli » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:32 am

teck, in general i agree with your wise words re: having a direction in life, but at least for me i'm the kind of person who sits down and projects into the future where i want to be, and then i try to get there in my everyday actions. there is some aspect of spontaneity/post-reflection where you more clearly decide, "this is something that matters", "this didn't work out and i'll do something else", but i kind of like having some direction to run along. dunno if that's the best strategy, though. in general i think my main failing in mindset is being super tightly wound and tense and under pressure

iffe!
to be honest maybe the most direction you need in life is wanting to wake up every morning thinking of fun photographic projects to do, and feeling generally content with the photography you've done at the end of the day. aka a good beginning and a good end to most days. waking up happy. going to sleep happy. having things to look forward to.

?

schiaparelli

Postby soundclip989 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:20 pm

Just got an email from an art gallery, which apparently turned me down for now.. :(

soundclip989

Re: losing temper

Postby rjbman » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:30 pm

So my last day at work ended up being a shit show. I work at a restaurant... anyways we were fairly busy and the guy running the kitchen was an absolute fucking idiot. We had gotten a POS system that showed all the orders on screen, what was done, what wasn't, etc. We (the people actually running the food) were told by him to bump the tickets once everything was green, but the problem was that he was having people bump food that wasn't actually prepped and just holding onto the physical tickets that print after all the food was done, and doing everything manually.

Well what ended up happening was that we got behind (most tickets, even the stuff that normally takes like 5 minutes IF that, was 20+ minutes, some stuff got up to 40 minutes), shit was missing (a burger didn't even get tossed on the grill until 25 minutes into the ticket time), etc. And he kept yelling at me to bump the tickets and I'm telling him I'm not bumping SHIT till I see the whole tray. After the major dinner rush was finally over he's like "Do you got a fucking problem with me?" and I just snapped and started yelling at him about how he has no clue what the fuck he was doing, etc. Took a 10 minute breather in the restroom then pretty much came out, did my cut work, and got the fuck out of there, for the last time as an employee.

That made me so happy that I had quit... I sure as fuck hope that guy ended up getting fired because he was yelling at everyone including the managers.

EDIT: should mention this took place in August.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby bels » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:38 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby freddy » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:51 pm

almost got fucking run over by a wheelchair today

freddy

Postby iffe » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:42 am

iffe

Postby bels » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:37 pm

bels
Yung Winona

Postby soundclip989 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:01 pm

soundclip989

Postby ramseames » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:02 pm

Link to your blog? I remember seeing some of your stuff, it looked cool

ramseames

Postby charybdis » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:51 pm

soundclip that makes me kind of sad since and someone is willing to pay $1,600 for it.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby ohnodeadchickens » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:47 pm

I feel like I'm always getting minor injuries and it's really frustrating. Right now there's this impingement in my right shoulder, last week my knee was acting up again, before that I tweaked my ankle, partial A2 pulley tear in two of my fingers before that, etc.

I'm trying to do all the right things: resting when I injure something, deep tissue massage, warming up, taking vitamins, eating semi-healthily... but for the past two month now I feel like I've had to take more days off climbing because of an injury than I've been able to actually go. Plus climbing has been the stress-relief from the rest of my life so not being able to go has started to get to me mentally and emotionally. A part of me just wants to take some time off from it, but I don't know if that would really help since a lot of the injuries I've gotten haven't actually happened because of climbing, and it would likely stress me out unless I found some other outlet.

ohnodeadchickens

PreviousNext

Return to Care