[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby Stingray Sam » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:46 pm

Snow!!!!!! =)

Stingray Sam

Postby can- » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:49 pm

the window is slowly closing on my dreams of being a trophy husband

can-

Postby RycePooding » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:50 pm

No it's not. Believe.

RycePooding

Postby ramseames » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:55 pm

The more mmm you own the better your odds will be.

People who choose paper towels when there's a Dyson airblade available are the kind of people I don't want to be friends with.

ramseames

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:19 pm

i choose paper towels over bad hand dryers every day of the week

ramdomthought

Postby RycePooding » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:39 pm

As my mom always said: don't make friend decisions based on hand-drying methods.

RycePooding

Postby hunnish » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:26 pm

I'd usually agree with ram but those Dysons were everywhere in NYC and they were magical. Only air dryers I've seen that worked properly and quickly.

hunnish

Postby pips » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:10 am

I use paper towels because hand dryers are swirling with germs if I were to believe the news. Noisy too.

pips

Postby bels » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:20 am

Someone dropped out so I'm now booked as the support act at next week's poetry slam. Quite excited as there's normally quite a big crowd and I'll have an entire 15 minutes to perform.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby odradek » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:22 am

what do you people use pants for if not for wiping your hands on?

odradek

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:10 am

The last office I worked in had the dyson dryers, and I'd secretly take things in there whenever I could to put through it to see what it'd do. Was pretty boring as the air flow is slightly offset -- I was hoping to levitate some hand soap.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby thomaspaine » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:11 am

I start a new job today, my first real 9-5 job in 3 years where I'm not my own boss. Also thinking about buying a condo. It's like this is the week I've finally decided to become an adult.

thomaspaine

Postby bels » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:29 am

What are the hand dryers there like though?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby thomaspaine » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:53 am

Shit we've been on the Dyson tip out here for a minute. I distinctly remember using one in 2009 and calling my girlfriend to tell her about this amazing hand dryer from the future I used.

thomaspaine

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:11 pm

sknss my parents are moving to France, someplace nearish Bordeaux I think, and they're genuinely worried they're going to look silly because they know nothing about wine. Should they read up?

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby teck » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:30 pm

i sincerely believe that i will never ever own land, unless i buy a vacant lot in rural vermont or something. part of it is the leftist in me hating property but part of it is the crazy economy setting some ridiculous bar to entry

teck

Postby sknss » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:33 pm

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby ramseames » Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:28 pm

ramseames

Postby starfox64 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:29 pm

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby b4my » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:13 pm

My play's over and now I have a ton of time I don't know what to do with so I'm spending it not writing the papers I should be writing.

Also I'm missing seeing one of my best friends in Hamlet at my old high school, from what she's told me it sounds like an incredible production (it's an artsy school and the head of the drama department is amazing so the productions are usually a cut above standard high school theater) and I really miss being there right now.

I could definitely end up as one of those people who just studies shakespeare for a living.

b4my

Postby thomaspaine » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:30 am

thomaspaine

Postby deadkitty » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:57 am

today was the last day of year 12. idk how to feel

deadkitty

Postby teck » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:12 am

teck

Postby bels » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:23 am

Know that feel teck. I think if you want to buy a house these days you have to really really think "I want to buy a house" and make it a real focus for a year or two or w/e and limit your discretionary spending.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby starfox64 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:51 am

when i lived in bed stuy in 2008 my landlord had bought the building for like $800k and there were four apartments in it. i'm sure the property has like doubled in value now. i'd like to think that over the next five to ten years, property in major cities (ny, sf, chicago) will only increase in value, but it seems so uncertain at this point.

my mom's youngest brother is like four years older than me, and a year or two after he graduated from college in bought a house out in the suburbs of chicago (in naperville if anyone knows where that is). i think it's the third largest city in illinois, but it's still a suburb thats 45 minutes from the city with good traffic. but it was close to work and in a nice neighborhood, so whatever. anyway, he got transferred to texas after like 3 or 4 years and he was stuck with this house that he was having trouble selling (at like the height of the financial crisis) for months and it was such a clusterfuck that it's really scared me off of buying a home, just because i have no idea where i'll end up five years from now and i don't want to end up trying to sell my house remotely or something. granted this is less of a problem in manhattan or SOMA than it is in naperville, but still.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby bels » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:42 pm

On topic I have an appoint ment to look at a house booked for 17.15 tomorrow. They called me today and asked if they could change the appointment to 13.15 because the house doesn't have electricity and they want to do the viewings before it gets dark.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby teck » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:50 pm

bela i dont subscribe to your brand of philosophy around no cop but i respect the hell out of anyone who knows what they want and you're right that putting a goal in mind helps immensely in working towards it.

i have a shit load of expenses for holidays but im hoping my 2014 i can save some real dollars for stuff. good luck at your house visit

teck

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:06 am

Originally I was interested in the condo because it's literally two doors down from me. I really like my location plus I'm lazy and it would be an easy move.

The more I thought about it though, I'm pretty sure that condo is going to double in price in 5-10 years so it's more of a speculative investment. SOMA is insane right now and I can't see it slowing down anytime soon. The sad part is that in 5-10 years I don't know if I'll want to live here anymore. I like tech culture enough but any monoculture is boring and eventually all my friends will probably get priced out of the city.

thomaspaine

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:25 am

thomaspaine

Postby starfox64 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:01 am

I don't think that getting a place anywhere in the nice areas of SF is a bad investment, especially SOMA. I haven't been around in like 2 or 3 years, but back then it seemed like it was really taking off. The Warriors are talking about building a new stadium near AT&T Park, and I think the area is only going to get pricier.

But owning a house still just seems really nerve wracking to me, even if it makes lots of sense.

starfox64

PreviousNext

Return to Care