[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby pips » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:32 am

How do you guys feel about affiliate links? A store I love recently contacted me for a partnership. Never did I expect that and I'm still in disbelief over the whole thing. I accepted it, not because I'm after the money (honestly speaking, given my blog's minuscule readership I seriously doubt I'd earn anything) but because I actually adore that store and everything they stock even though I cannot afford most of them on full price (lol the irony). I personally dont mind affiliate links but I'd like to know some insights... I dont have anyone to talk to about this in real life actually T^T

pips

Postby bels » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:42 am

If it's relevant links to good stores then I don't think people really mind as long as you don't turn into CHECK OUT THE NEW STOCK ON AFFILIATESTORE.COM! AMAZE BARGS! ROBOCOP WITH ALACRITY INTERNET FRIENDS!

bels
Yung Winona

Postby charybdis » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:17 pm

I honestly don't mind any affiliate links on blogs I enjoy since it doesn't cost me anything, but I wish bloggers would be more upfront abut whether something is an affiliate. I feel like those embedded rstylesomething links are so pernicious in that they're kind of snuck in. If someone clearly discloses that something is an advertisement/was paid for and that the links are affiliate links, I honestly don't care.

Also, you guys Pipa runs a really great blog.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby schiaparelli » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:58 pm

pips has a killer blog.

i definitely agree re: disclosing affiliate links. there's this uneasy feeling of sleaziness because a lot of us are used to/a lot of bloggers actively promote and advance this image that bloggers are just the girl/guy next door sharing pictures and links and shopping recommendations like a distant internet friend, and their blog is not something they're trying to turn into a capitalistic enterprise. which i'm totally fine with, and i think i like clicking affiliate links and buying through bloggers i respect and admire and have produced good content, but i'd just like to know.

schiaparelli

Postby maj » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:05 pm

you know when old people retire and they're like 'oh wow i have all this free time to do stuff life is great without work' but really they're quite bored and realize how much time there is in a day and kind of wish they could still work. that is how i feel now, i hated work when i was there but i miss now i'm not. i need something to fill my time to avoid just sitting here.

maj

Postby can- » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:55 pm

greener pastures innit?

I've spent most of the day on and off the phone w lady gaga's stylist

can-

Postby schiaparelli » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:05 pm

ben there must be a story to this. spill!

schiaparelli

Postby germinal » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:21 pm

someone link to pipa's blog please cheers

germinal
Garminlad

Postby charybdis » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:32 pm

I didn't link it because I wasn't sure if she wants her privacy or not. Although if you want to pipa, you should def link it since it's great.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:25 pm

Katy(my partner/girlfriend) and I met with an AMAZING British factory on Sunday and they're going to sample our products for us. It's a bit hectic coming up to xmas but we should have something to show you guys before then. It's really amazing to bag them considering we're so small and are demanding teeny runs.

I also think she might finally join care-tags this week too.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:42 am

Did you have to fight SEH Kelly to the death for the right to use an xxxxclusiveeee herringbone weave?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:07 am

We had to walk around the factory floor blindfolded and ear-muffled to avoid breaking an embargo on an xxxxclusiveeee stitch pattern.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby sknss » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:03 am

welcome back Syeknom! how was your trip?

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby Syeknom » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 am

Bonjour, sknss! How have you been?

Hong Kong was really a lot of fun - very relaxing and exciting trip. Great food, lots to do and see, lots of hiking and exploring, amazing shops, etc. Will post some photos later on perhaps.

Syeknom

Postby RycePooding » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:10 pm

It's snowing! Instagram pic of view off my front porch:

RycePooding

Postby thug » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Just got some Dr.Bronner's soap, holy shit it's amazing.

I didn't even realize soap could be this good

who else is part of the bronnernation?

thug

Postby potsticker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:04 am

what do you like about it? I used it to shampoo for freshman year in college, and it really didn't work for my scalp and my hair looked like shit all year. Might be more effective as soap though, I do love that minty tingle.

potsticker

Postby thug » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:11 am

I don't use shampoo much (once or twice a wekk) but for body soap it's great.

The end-all be-all factor? Ball-tingling to be completely honest

thug

Postby odradek » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:25 am

terrible name, great soap. i'm always on the lookout for good soap but haven't tried bronner's. maybe when this bar dies...

odradek

Postby thug » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:37 am

are you an ultimate man?

thug

Postby RycePooding » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:44 am

what makes soap great soap. I use some dove stuff my mom bought me a million bars of.

RycePooding

Postby thug » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:50 am

I didn't really appreciate soap before this stuff, it's like a whole different dimension.

thug

Postby odradek » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:52 am

i've had many women swear off men after sleeping with me so i guess for many i am the ultimate man.

anyway, also caught my eye.

odradek

Postby thug » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:55 am

yeah the lime seems interesting

i'm too deep in the soap game now, forget fashion

thug

Postby potsticker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:07 am

I dunno, they do all seem pretty functionally similar. I like either unscented soap or soap that smells nice to me. Usually this means all-natural stuff, but I've used dove for periods of time and it's fine, I'd probably not buy other soap if I was given a lot of it. I like the idea of exfoliating away my dead skin very much but not sure how much difference it makes and it's not something I seek out. Currently enjoying sappo hill sandalwood soap, been through a couple bars. Doctor bronners (liquid not bar) has a cool mint tingle ( in mint scent, haven't tried any others) that is fun but a) I think I'm allergic and b) it has a bit of an after-scent that I'm not wild about.

potsticker

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:48 am

Dr Bronner's almond is also nice if peppermint doesn't work out. Exfoliating stuff is fun but can make your skin raw/sensitive if you do it too often and you've got sensitive skin.

Pre-emptive apology to the ladies on the forum:

UnwashedMolasses

Postby maj » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:49 am

don't know if we have any motor bike people here but i'm thinking of taking my CBT test to get valid for a 125cc. having no prior experience is a bit scary but is there anything i should look out for if i decide to go this route? like suggested learner bikes and such.

maj

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:44 am

It depends what kind of bike you want. I always like the classic ones, and my fav. to ride was a Honda SuperCub (I can't remember what they're called here, Honda 90 I think?) -- they're unbreakable, cheap and the biggest selling vehicle in the world. I really like old machines though. They've constantly made them for decades, and you can even buy new licensed versions (china made) for almost nothing.

However it doesn't feel like a real MOTORBIKE. Most people go from the CBT to a Honda CB125, and there are loads out there. Some are really cool looking too (old and new).

I really like the old russian bikes too like the MINSK, although they're hard to come by.

Then again, I hate manual bikes because I feel like it makes 0 sense to have that much to do when you're basically sitting on a rocket. My fav. modern bike (which is cheap) is the SH125 is technically a bike but looks like a scooter. Such a smooth ride and it's effortless to operate.

If I had unlimited money I'd go for the Vespa 946

Ultimately, although I love them. I'd advise against them because they're fucking insane.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby schiaparelli » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:45 pm

bobbin, congratulations re: british factory thing! i am so excited to see what you guys are up to (ALSO HELLO KATY ARE YOU AROUND YET)

schiaparelli

Postby sknss » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:01 pm

if i had somewhere to go i'd get a honda "dax" st70

just to give you an idea how small it is

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

PreviousNext

Return to Care