[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby RycePooding » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:34 am

Or slacklining! Great practice for more balancey routes too.

RycePooding

Postby can- » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:34 pm

linkedin sucks

can-

Postby charybdis » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:16 pm

THEY WON'T STOP SENDING ME EMAILS. BUT I FEEL BAD UNSUBSCRIBING BECAUSE MY FRIENDS/ACQUAINTANCES ARE ADDING ME ON LINKEDIN AND IT MIGHT SEEM LIKE I'M SNUBBING THEM ON THE INTERNET.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby rjbman » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:59 pm

I really wish I could land an internship through LinkedIn. I HAVE A PROFILE AND A RESUME ON THERE! HIRE ME!

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby thomaspaine » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:24 am

Highest paying job I ever had was through someone finding me on linkedin.

But yeah it's really annoying.

thomaspaine

Postby freddy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:45 am

freddy

Postby freddy » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:47 am

freddy

Postby odradek » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:03 am

i need a new job. i will not push away any opportunity. linkedin remains a resource.

odradek

Postby bels » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:16 am

I need to get a linkedin before I need to get a linkedin.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby teck » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:17 am

odra - what do you do now?

teck

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:21 am

LinkedIn really annoys me. Every now and again a recruiter will contact me with totally left-field jobs based on keywords in my resume.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby odradek » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:43 am

i work on testing setups and do data analysis. im a data analyst. but seriously i have about 50% workload and the rest of the time is spent trying to make work for myself. i feel ok saying this on the internet right now because i'm at home thanks to low funding and am taking a forced voluntary day of leave.

odradek

Postby bels » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:57 am

Notice of Forced Voluntary Day Of Leave

Friday October 25th is now designated a Forced Voluntary Day Of Leave (FVDOL). As with all FVDOLs compliance is non mandatory however non compliance may lead to arrest, imprisonment, corporal punishment, non corporal punishment, non corporeal punishment, non punishment, death, special death or super death.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby freddy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:14 am

i think just bumming around in this town, i do enough behind-the-scences networking already.. i mean if i was in a suburban campus and came from a bum-fuck town, i'd probably have to resort to utilizing linked in. anyways, i decided to delete mine way back having only semi-useful internship experience. i guess what's cool about here is that is intimate and i can kinda slyly show up for xyz conference, talk, appointment etc. and know people simply by degrees of association. it's very interconnected here. maybe it's also helpful that I'm of student age in a professional careerist city

freddy

Postby odradek » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:34 am

last night i was waiting at a crosswalk and two black kids walked up and stood next to me. out of the flow of traffic beelines a cop car and pulls up next to us, the cop rolls down his window and asks "what're you boys headed?" the kid responds that he's going to his mom's house. the cop asks what they've been up to, the kid responds not much, just hanging out. the cop tells them to have a good night and drives off. i turn to the kid and ask "do you know that guy?" the kid shakes his head and looks disgusted. "they do that shit all the time," he says.

i've seen racist and hateful bullshit from cops before, but never out of the blue and completely unwarranted like that. i don't even know how he saw them and managed to pull out of traffic just to harass them. ridiculous.

odradek

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Yeah but were they wearing hoodies? You never know what sort of weapons or drug paraphernalia a black person could be hiding under one of those.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby schiaparelli » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:30 pm

my family has 3 cars. 1 is a super super old van we really should sell off (from 1996!) but haven't yet, and one is a sort of largeish 5-seater-y thing. both were parked outside my house. the third car is irrelevant to this story as it was in the garage.

some kid that goes to my sister's high school was driving around irresponsible today (probably early morning) and crashed into one car with enough momentum to get it to hit into the other car. one car has a huge dent and the other car has a deflated wheel/rims popped off. it's gonna be a massive headache just wrangling with insurance and shit

schiaparelli

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Break his legs.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:15 pm

I need to stop getting excited about vegetables. No one cares.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby sknss » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:10 pm

what vegetables?
tomorrow i'm going to the farmers market to pick up a butternut squash yay

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby schiaparelli » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:49 pm

bobbin, we care

i am all about the vegetables
let's talk about how butternut squash and pumpkin and sweet potatoes make for
let's talk about how broccolis are so funny-looking and crispy when dipped and fried with tempura batter
let's talk about how delicious onions are when they've caramelized and are soft and caramelized and sweet

schiaparelli

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:18 am

Omg.

I LOVE squshes, although butternut is my least fav. At the moment I'm really enjoying onion squash, turban squash, and herlequin squash.

Brocolli is the best- so into romanesco at the moment. I like to make a curry with it or steam it.

My girlfriend made me sweet potato fries the other night covered in polenta. They were crispy and delicious.

All time best veg is aubergine. Think I'll make baba ghanoush tonight.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby bels » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:44 am

Why is everyone changing their icons

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:54 am

Sunday boredom innit

Syeknom

Postby ramdomthought » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:16 pm

oh is today the change avatar day give me a second

done

ramdomthought

Postby RycePooding » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:23 pm

I'm gonna need a new one picked out for me. Idk who picked this one but it couldn't be more perfect, too much pressure now.

RycePooding

Postby bels » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:09 pm

Alright fine whatever.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:14 pm

It's an official trend.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:14 pm

After reading what happened on FFA, can I just say -- you shouldn't have your real name anwhere online, apart from professional websites.

I have seen first hand, industry side and elsewhere, how easy it is to find someone with just a few pieces of info. My name on FB isn't my own, I live in a fictional town, and I'm not even a man. My photos are me, in some of them.

2 years ago, a friend of ours went missing. By just knowing her new boyfriends first name and the uni he went to, I was actually able to find his parents HOUSE NUMBER and address. We found her, she was safe, but the point is I went from knowing a name and a town to someones exact whereabouts.

The only risk I take is showing my face in photos, but eventually it'll be part of the presence of my company, so it's unavoidable.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby can- » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:18 pm

the good news is that I live on the internet and in my high speed modem and have no corporeal presence

motherfuckers tryna find me

can-

PreviousNext

Return to Care