[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby can- » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:05 am

it's about the journey not the destination :]

can-

Postby can- » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:48 am

can-

Postby teck » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:14 pm

ben can i get an avatar

teck

Postby bels » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Not sure what avatar you should have teck. Nothing Thom related plzzzz.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:03 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby can- » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:09 pm

teck, you can change your avatar in profile settings but if you'd like I can create a subcommittee to decide what avatar you will wear.

Rick Owens usually what I'm sleeping in

can-

Postby teck » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:33 pm

ok just got into an argument about "the economy" with my roommate.

I fully admit i know very little about economics.

is the phenomenon of unemployment, especially coming out of the global recession, a result of people being lazy? because the safeguards suppresses motivation to work? that seems idiotic to me? who is happy to be sitting at home barely subsisting?

idk. whatever. germ aren't you an economist someone explain this to me.

teck

Postby odradek » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:27 pm

semi-related: http://www.marxists.org/archive/kuruma/ ... erview.htm

also, if getting welfare is such a sweet deal, why doesn't everyone do it?

odradek

Postby RycePooding » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:56 pm

I can't imagine going through summer without Rick Owens.

It really gets my goat when people try to force me to talk about subjects that I know little to nothing about, like the economy. They'll spew all this shit that I don't understand and expect me to just nod my head and agree and then interject with my own point to compliment theirs and I usually reply 'dude I really don't know enough to agree with you' or something along those lines and then they'll be mad? What is that?

RycePooding

Postby thomaspaine » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:38 am

thomaspaine

Postby starfox64 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:25 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby germinal » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:33 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby can- » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:20 am

i try and avoid conversations with people who have first rate educations but complain about lazy people or welfare or affirmative action

can-

Postby Syeknom » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:57 pm

Good work smiles for being in !

Syeknom

Postby teck » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:02 pm

how does that thread work? Who writes the little "scene" at the beginning? And the rest? Is this an interview? What?

teck

Postby Syeknom » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:06 pm

Synthese writes the "scene" - used to be based on the outfit and some were quite funny. Worth .

Then it's an interview question to the dude starring in the photo.

Syeknom

Postby schiaparelli » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:31 pm

yes, congratulations smiles! that is very cool. i really like this feature, and in general synthese puts out really cool content for SF. (his contentedness thread posts are the best.)

today i met with my advisor for my design concentration and we had a good discussion about the nature of design education and really the nature of education in general. if you stick around the CS world enough, there are plenty of people opining about how CS kids should be taught more practical industry skills so they can be immediately employable at the expense of their skills going out of date, and alternatively people who want to teach them the theory so that they can learn things on their own and stay abreast of the times, at the expense of requiring the students to learn a bit more on their own. interesting to see the design perspective on the debate. my advisor is very well-spoken and talked a bit about how the school of design at large and individual faculty make decisions about how to educate undergrads, and also how that works in the overall educational goals of my university.

pretty cool, honestly. he's the kind of prof that always leaves me more informed and curious about things having talked to him, and i usually steal the concepts he articulates and use them in future conversations to sound extra smart.

i think my new MISSION in LIFE is to champion interdisciplinary education within my university. i just sort of believe strongly that EVERYTHING IS INTERESTING and the thing to do at college is really THROW YOURSELF INTO YOUR WORK.

in more mundane things i wore my dipdyed sneakers today, it rained, my raincoat isn't really water-resistant, i think i should buy a real raincoat or rainboots or an umbrella but instead i'll just hope it starts snowing soon.

schiaparelli

Postby can- » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:11 pm

i had two MRI's today. it was a crazy and surreal experience. it's like being inside of a giant dial up modem or living inside a ryoji ikeda tune

can-

Postby RycePooding » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:20 pm

Whenever I've watched my brother do an MRI it makes me uncomfortable just watching. Can't imagine being in one... Very scary cause I'm kind of claustrophobic.

RycePooding

Postby can- » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:22 pm

i was anxious in the beginning but i figured fuck it, how often do you get to do shit like this? what would a Cyberpunk do?

strongly makes me want to skydive

can-

Postby odradek » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:00 pm

i had an mri once and they told me i was going to die of brain cancer in six months

i'm still here

odradek

Postby starfox64 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:01 pm

the twist is that the mri was four months ago

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:25 am

Hope everything's ok, ben (and odra)!

Syeknom

Postby schiaparelli » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:34 am

that is a sad plot twist. can we keep odradek for a while longer?

i have to turn in an assignment in 23 minutes and i don't know why i am here.
i hope everyone has a good day today and if not, remember it's the weekend soon
time to live it up! or sleep it off. who knows?

what are you guys doing this weekend?

i am going to be working on a computational photography assignment and playing fez!

schiaparelli

Postby maj » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:55 am

mri was one of the most nerve racking experiences of my life, really cool to experience tho when they talk to you over the loudspeaker

maj

Postby Syeknom » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:05 am

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:17 am

this weekend** i am unpacking, getting a haircut, meeting Our Syeknom, hopefully signing up to an evening course, trying to discover if i am still attending my university because by all accounts i have disappeared from the system, giving blood and then seeing Fuck Buttons and The Haxan Cloak

**the next five days

germinal
Garminlad

Postby Stingray Sam » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:46 am

Stingray Sam

Postby can- » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:33 am

take fit pix together guys thanks

can-

Postby Stingray Sam » Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:07 pm

It's been almost two weeks since I ordered some clothes from bodega. They still haven't shipped it and the said Monday that it would be soon. What should I do? I just email them for a second time

Stingray Sam

PreviousNext

Return to Care