[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby ramseames » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:38 pm

The more I learn about China, the less I feel like I understand

ramseames

Postby thomaspaine » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Dude Ikea is the H&M of furniture, I don't know where you'd find something cheaper besides a garage sale. Real furniture is like 10x the price of Ikea.

For disposable furniture I think Ikea's design team is brilliant.

thomaspaine

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:57 pm

We were looking at a 36inch kitchen cabinet, when we added up everything were looking at something over $350. Plus we have to assemble it, hope that all the pieces are there, hope that we got everything for it. If not we'll have to deal with having an ikea 5 hours away from where we are. Perhaps for dressers and other stand alone pieces it would be good since you don't have as much of a chance to not screw up.

Stingray Sam

Postby ramseames » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:12 pm

That's nothing though man. Like it's not a small amount of money in itself, but you can so easily spend 1000s on furniture without even trying once you get into mid-higher end stuff.

I agree that everything they make out of particle board is a joke though.

ramseames

Postby Stingray Sam » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:16 pm

Oh I know that, but I'm not entirely sure that custom would be too much more. And home depot stocks similar premade stuff ata similar or lower price point

Stingray Sam

Postby odradek » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:27 pm

i constantly lament the lack of entry level furniture. you're either ikea-core, faux-antique disciple or pretend you're living on a Kubrick spaceship. anything with character has to be sleuthed out and THEN you have to find the means and ability to get it where you need to go. ikea's genius because of the options, they're the cheapest and if you're gonna have to pay for something you don't care for, might as well spend as little as possible on it.

odradek

Postby starfox64 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:58 pm

I'm just committed to buying stuff from thrift shops or craigslist until I actually figure out where I want to live and such.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:02 am

Hello gang!

London was incredible (if soggy) fun that has left me an exhausted and broken wreck. My poor legs hate me now. I can't believe I'm back at work now - it's going to be an unproductive day.

Meeting germinal was the highlight, he's a frightfully nice chap and wore a rad soloist jacket. No fitpics (sorry ben) since I didn't have a camera and germ's phone (I used to have the same one) has an appalling camera, and we were too busy groping expensive clothes. We did DSM and Liberty together (after a false start legging it back to an EAT where I left a shopping bag) and wandered around damp soho.

Other things:

Margaret Howell store was amazing - industrial theme, strewn with art and photography books and retro furniture laid out like a café. The pieces in person are unbelievably nice.

Albam was great, had an excellent long chat with two of the sales people. Nice stuff and it's pretty cheap for the quality.

Hideout had lame stuff except a few cool visvim shoes, norse projects stuff in real life is pretty dull and the shop people ignored me.

Percival stuff is nicer in-person than online but nothing there for me. Their shirts are well worth the coin though.

Oliver Spencer was cool - some hit-or-miss stuff but the stores were chill and I got to try on a few nice things.

Folk was ace - tried on the bag trousers that fit fantastically.

Private White VC was the focus of my trip since SEH Kelly was out of the picture, had a fun long chat with the new shop assistant and tried on a load of stuff. Well worth the visit.

Universal Works stock was disappointing but had a nice talk with a friendly japanese girl dressed as a chimney sweep.

Went out to Shoreditch in the afternoon which took ages and had a peek arund Hostem - full of dark, destroyed avant-garde clothing. One guy in there was trying on a really dramatic full length black wool coat with a massive, erect collar. Saw guidi boots too.

DRKSHDW popup made me feel well out of place - everyone in there dressed head-to-toe in black talking incessently about rick owens and rubbing each others identical trousers (no joke).

British Museum is stunning and huge. Great collection. Didn't get to the V&A due to tube disruptions and fatigue.

Gieves and Hawkes is a beautiful shop full of beautiful things and an archive of military clothing they've made through the ages.

Prada store was cool although filled with knobs - germ and I had great fun oggling the shoes there.

Probably forgetting a load but it was an all-round fantastic trip.

Came home with a stock of Uniqlo undershirts and socks, Albam chinos, Margaret Howell black moleskin trousers and a Private White VC wool shop coat.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:52 am

That's a hell of a haul.

Did you see any of the Albam tshirts? I've been idly thinking about them lately.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:58 am

I did, but didn't try one on sorry. Should have. They're seamless which is nice but approaching the price of something like Velva Sheen so it's a bit of an odd price point for me.

Syeknom

Postby can- » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:51 am

whats this secret SoloIst jacket???? germ holding out on us?

can-

Postby ramseames » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:58 am

was initially surprised to hear you say that you found hideout lame given how many brands I like they carry, but your aesthetic really doesn't match the shop's so it does make sense.

Is albam like the uk version of the Norse/APC/W+H/OL brand that makes nice but kinda uninteresting stuff at a mid range price point?

ramseames

Postby Syeknom » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:02 am

Yeah, hideout isn't my cup of tea but I was expecting a bit more from it. It's really tiny and the selection didn't that interesting nor did they seem to have a lot of the brands they offer online.

That's a pretty reasonable summation of Albam except prices are a bit lower than those. Their newer stuff is getting a bit sporty but for the most part it's fairly relaxed, unpretentious stuff. Chinos I got are just navy chinos but are a quite nice faded/soft colour, straight legged, medium rise and the fabric+construction are really nice for the price. Not exciting at all but hard to complain about. APC is like double the price.

Syeknom

Postby germinal » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:11 am

germinal
Garminlad

Postby bels » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:17 am

Can I get an invite to the secret forum where germ posts fitpics.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:20 pm

ben gets fitpics and i get pictures of hairy spiders, what the fuck

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby charybdis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:37 pm

I have literally become that freshman as a sophomore.

My asian dad called the campus police because I didn't respond to my email for a day.

Fuck.

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby germinal » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:07 pm

germinal
Garminlad

Postby schiaparelli » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:13 pm

so delightful to read Syeknom's update, and i'm glad you guys actually got to meet up!
less delightful to see the spiders. i am a fan of spiders but not really from a macro POV

dwindles my deepest sympathies but that's also really funny
what will your dad do when you grow up and go into the real world?

schiaparelli

Postby starfox64 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:12 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby starfox64 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:09 am

shaved off my beard.

starfox64

Postby maj » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:02 am

ahah post some pics

maj

Postby Syeknom » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:51 pm

Today I made a mistake that fucked up two months of testing data on a table with 6.5 million records, being back at work sure is swell

Syeknom

Postby can- » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:40 pm

so sorry to hear that monkeys :(

can-

Postby thomaspaine » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:00 pm

I accidentally dropped our production database once, that was a fun day. Turned out to be a good test of our backup systems because it took like 12 hours to get a backup restored.

Also, why is dwindles in love with Alexander Hamilton?

thomaspaine

Postby charybdis » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:31 pm

Have we talked about how I'm a history major? (Also I thought the picture was funny.)

Although my true love is otto von bismarck, which really fucks me up when playing civ because I never want to play anyone else.

charybdis

Postby thomaspaine » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:55 pm

We have...that does make sense. Should have used a picture of Thomas Paine though, just sayin.

thomaspaine

Postby charybdis » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:20 am

Well that's because you don't send me pics.

In all seriousness, Thomas Paine has a pretty severe widow's peak.

charybdis

Postby ramseames » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:04 am

Turns out when you're awake for 30+ hours your body almost forgets that you didn't sleep and you stop being tired. Felt like dying at the 18-20 hour mark, but that went away as time went on.

ramseames

Postby bels » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:05 am

It comes back.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Care