[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Feelings

Feelings

Off topic

Re: feeltalk thread

Postby starfox64 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:26 pm

the mail service is one of the things i will miss most when i leave korea. if i am not at home they call me and ask either a) if there is another place they can deliver the package or b) when i will be around so they can deliver it then. they also send me a text message to let me know that they will be delivering something between like 9 and 12 am. also if something arrives in korea in the morning i usually get it that afternoon. it's so nice compared to all the shit i have had to do with ups and fedex and usps.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby lanky » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:08 am

lanky

Postby Syeknom » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:13 am

Bertie Bassett

Syeknom

Postby bels » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:03 am

Tb looks more like liquorice man IMO.

Barry looks like tb's authoritarian father who wanted him to become a stock broker rather than go into fashion.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby adhi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:14 pm

korea has sick infrastructure in general innit?

idk thats what i've always heard and gathered... with the internet, postage, etc. how is it starfox?

adhi

Postby starfox64 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:23 pm

it's ok? dunno. a huge amount of stuff, even in gangnam (which is the richest part of the country, basically like lower manhattan) is pretty crappy. most of the country was rebuilt after the war and the country still has not totally escaped the 'faster is better' mantra that was prevalent during the 40 years or so that they were building up the economy. basically anything thats more than 10-15 years old looks like shit. there is an apartment complex by my work that was built in 1997 I think and it looks like it was built during the 70s just because it hasn't been maintained at all (at least from the outside, never been inside). but then i can get tons of stuff delivered to me (mcdonalds, fried chicken and beer) and a lot of stores don't charge for delivery, even grocery stores. and since everything is so dense it's pretty quick. the public transit system is excellent, as are the internet speeds, but there are floods all the time during the summer and sometimes the streets smell like raw sewage. but when i was in japan everything seemed both older and better built.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby lanky » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:07 am

I wish my friends were artsier and more intellectual. Most of the people that I talk to now are cool and fun to be around, but I don't feel inspired after talking to them. Obviously not every person has to be inspirational to me, but it would be nice if more were. I'm also blaming myself because I realize that I've had quite a few opportunities to meet people like this but haven't made the effort to connect with them or show my creative side, and now I'm out of school with relatively few friends that I actually want to be around. I guess I'll be going to college in the fall though, and I'll have a chance to meet people there, but it would be nice to hang out with some artsier people over the summer.

lanky

Postby Syeknom » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:53 pm

saturday night at 11 and i'm working remotely this is the worst

Syeknom

Postby bels » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:06 pm

Sometimes I get grumpy about my job but my friend likes to remind me that I don't have to do load of hours.

I end up pulling extra hours anyway, though not saturday at 11 tier.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:08 pm

I usually don't and clock out at 5 on the dot, this is an exception

I hate my job though it's awful

Syeknom

Postby bels » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:14 pm

Think of the papaaaaaaaah?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby adhi » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:53 pm

what do you do syeknom?

actually while we're at it, what does everyone do?

adhi

Postby starfox64 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:58 am

starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:56 am

I'm at the office now at 1pm on Sunday, so no not really :D

I work for a company that develops banking software and then we sell/customise/install the solutions for various banks world-wide. It's as dull as it sounds. Currently we're doing a big "go live" at a bank I've been working for, and it's all going wrong.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:00 am

A big "go wrong"

Make that joke to your overworked colleagues they'll love it.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:40 pm

monkeys working too much sucks. keep your head up. its tough to burn the candle at both ends

i manage a small outdoor cafe in lower manhattan. it pays really well for what it is and i work for an industry titan but i've learned all i can learn here i think. it's seasonal so i'll need to find something new at the end of october. i'm also working events here an there for another guy i have a ton of respect for.

there are pros and cons to not having a 9-5 schedule. not sure where i want to be in 10-15 whatever years but food feels very natural to me.

can-

Postby adhi » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:38 pm

yea so syek basically what you just described exactly is what my mom does.

she's always talking about 'going live' and 'production' and shit. she's a software architect for a banking software company. and in these days going up to the deadline she's working reaallly late. so i know how you feel guy stay strong

adhi

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:09 am

Cheers adhi, I feel sorry for your mum! Not a good weekend, but at least I get plenty of overtime and hopefully about 3/3.5 extra days holiday because of it.

Syeknom

Postby bels » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:57 am

Wait hold you get paid for your overtime.

Maybe I should stop doing overtime.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 am

Paid for my travel time too on overtime days

And extra holiday as "recuperation days"

Though i recuperated by accidentally oversleeping 2 hours today

Syeknom

Postby starfox64 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:25 am

i don't think you can really complain if you're getting paid extra, then, boss. i mean you can, it just doesn't carry the same weight.

starfox64

Postby Syeknom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:47 am

Of course I can

I'd complain about going to A&E even if it doesn't cost me whatever it costs in the US. Having a broken whatever still sucks even without the financial aspect. Likewise, working 17 hours (and commuting into brussels) over the weekend under quite a bit of stress and with the rest of my team on holiday is still pretty lame even if I got money and croissants.

Syeknom

Postby adhi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:58 pm

starfox do you teach english?

also have you played starfox on the 3ds it's very good.

adhi

Postby starfox64 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:21 pm

no. i taught english for a year in a smaller city in one of the rural provinces. i worked at a test prep academy in seoul for like 8 months and now i work at an education startup here too.

i haven't played any games on 3ds. actually the last game i played was bioshock infinite. i've been off the grid of late.

starfox64

Postby lanky » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:56 am

Is anyone on here gonna be going off to college in the fall/now?

lanky

Postby YoungCanoeist » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:37 am

Yep I'm gonna be a freshman in less than 2 weeks

YoungCanoeist

Postby hunnish » Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:13 am

Move-in day is August 21st.

hunnish

Postby Syeknom » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:12 pm

I miss moving back and forth between parents and university. Little fresh starts.

Syeknom

Postby lanky » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:21 pm

Are you guys as nervous as I am?

lanky

Postby starfox64 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:11 pm

everyone is nervous when they go to college bro

starfox64

PreviousNext

Return to Care