[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - So we've been a community for nearly half a decade

So we've been a community for nearly half a decade

Off topic

So we've been a community for nearly half a decade

Postby WussWayne » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:03 pm

How are your lives going?

I quit engineering and I'm currently a nursing assistant on their way to being an RN but i've been hitting drugs and alcohol a little bit too hard. Mental health is a bit topsy-turvy but I'm reducing myself down to just weed and I'm on my uni's disability program/ uni counselling/ seeing a drug and alcohol services. Also jawnz went down and vinyl went up and I've accidentally become a dj

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Re: So we've been a community for nearly half a decade

Postby BIGBEE » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:57 pm

I quit nursing for engineering

BIGBEE

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:18 pm

I bought a Vitamix

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby popcorn » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:25 pm

a decade ago I was nursing, but now I'm in engineering

popcorn

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:19 am

I was nursing engineering but now im a decade

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby bels » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:02 am

I still love you all, my children.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:57 am

was in college when i joined. i used to be a software dev. i still am, but i used to, too.

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby Stolsdos » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:30 pm

My mom was a nurse now I'm an engineer and my mom is still a nurse

Stolsdos

Postby alby » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:34 pm

i was in highschool and now im out of college and have a "real adult" job but i have learned that software developing is just ur ability to navigate office politics and power struggles with like 10% developing its really fun ha ha ha

e: my sister a nurse tho

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby brlmski » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:32 pm

I was dating a nurse and now I'm an engineer

brlmski

Postby hharrissonn » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:01 am

I joined this forum the summer before I went to college and I thought I wanted to be a pharmacist and major in bio but I switched to anthropology because I really loved it and am very bad at math and tried substitute teaching back where my parents live for a minute after school and hated it and now I'm an assistant operations manager for a place in LA that sells clothes in a very convoluted way (after working in retail since I was like 16 and saying that I would never do it again lol). At this point I really think I'm gonna keep digging into ""the industry"" or whatever as far as I can and would ideally like to end up somewhere more niche as like a buyer or general manager (but probably not in LA). I have basically no social life because work and anxiety so it has been nice to have this forum and tumblr for stuff like this :-)

very late to reply to this but since it doesn't exist anymore really and it doesn't matter how i talk about it i worked for Trunk Club lol

Last edited by hharrissonn on Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
ig: hharrissonn
tumblr: dyetransfer.tumblr.com
hharrissonn
Look Arena Champion

Postby INNIT » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:29 am

i went from working class to lower middle class, and have just submitted my application to join the petite bourgeois. i am both an engineer and a nurse and have been since birth

INNIT

Postby maj » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:37 am

Everyone becoming engineers is why this forum went down the pan

maj

Postby bels » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:04 am

I'm really proud that this has been a fashion community running for nearly half a decade and no-one has used it as a platform to hook up with anyone. I bless all my chaste and celibate sons.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rjbman » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:30 pm

i'm sorry bela

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby chilljin » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:54 pm

Can’t believe it’s been so long! I often feel guilty for being inactive, but moving to the Netherlands full time and doing a lot of theatre shit got me too busy. Weirdly enough I found it a lot easier to spend money on clothes when I was a student, combined with the fact that I sort of became comfortable with my style and never innovated, I had no new material.

Currently I’m a Brand Ambassador for adidas, but I just got cast in my first professional theatre role. Going to be touring Europe December and January. Feels mental to get paid for my passion. Hope you’re all well. This place and community were vital to my mental health and will forever hold a fond place in my mind.

chilljin

Return to Care