[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - the constant canvas: skincare!

the constant canvas: skincare!

Off topic

Re: the constant canvas: skincare!

Postby Ques » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:02 pm

ok i've been using these products for a month now, but only at night, and i swear my skin feels oilier than usual at this point. should i also apply in the morning (who has the time for that!!) or should i try a different product?

Ques

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed May 18, 2016 10:17 pm

i started regularly using this muji blotting paper and it's doing wonders for my skin! but now my skincare regime is so crazy long haha

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby freddy » Sat May 21, 2016 10:52 am

I've been having great success using Eve Lom cleanser for my oily face. It took a while to get used to using the Muslin cloth though. I use Aesop toner and oil free serum after.

freddy

Postby BIGBEE » Sat May 21, 2016 11:00 pm

Recently started a skin care routine and have been using cerave moisturizer with sunscreen in it. is it worth getting a separate sunscreen or can I get away with the sunscreen in the moisturizer? Trying to keep the routine as simple as possible

BIGBEE

Postby ptozzi » Sun May 22, 2016 12:27 pm

I would say just continue using the Cerave and carry a little tube of sunscreen to reapply throughout the day. No matter what product you use sunscreen loses its effectiveness after a few hours. So a sunscreen purchase is probably necessary under either circumstance.

ptozzi

Postby meatjacket » Wed May 25, 2016 1:02 am

may start a whole face routine since ive been moisturizing my tattoo, what am i supposed to start out with?

meatjacket

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:36 pm

anyone have any recommendations for blotting paper? i typically use muji but the nearest muji is quite a bit away

fun_yunchables

Postby ptozzi » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:31 pm

can't answer your blotting paper question, but I noticed you use/used the Aesop toner. How long did the bottle last or how long are you expecting it to last? also how well does it work? basically want to know if it's worth the high price tag, looking for a toner, might go with muji b/c budget and their gel cleanser makes my skin soft

edit: while I'm here, can anyone rec drugstore moisturizers? preferably w/ spf. prob just gonna grab some cerave

Last edited by ptozzi on Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ptozzi

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:10 pm

I didnt really keep track of how long it lasted, but i use it nightly, couple big drops on a cotton pad and pat. I've gone through 1.5 bottles at this point, and I believe I started this regime last year or so, so idk.

It's hard to say how well it works since skin is very unique, but in my experience it's done wonders for me. I havent quite tested the pH of the toner but ideally it should be somewhere around normal skin pH levels.

Btw I think this specific toner, the B&Tea, is formulated for combination and oily skin. You should probably figure out your skin type and choose products accordingly

fun_yunchables

Postby dakaf_fal » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:20 am

Recommend me some sheet masks.

I just started using them a few weeks ago and it's amazing how good I feel afterwards. They're very calming, it's nice to be able to take half an hour to just unwind and relax. I've been using the Tonymoly ones only because they're easy to find, but I'm sure there are better options.

Yes, I'm browsing Care-tags while sheetmasking.

My favorites so far have been the Tonymoly tomato and pomegranate. I'm still figuring out exactly what I want in a sheet mask. Probably toning / brightening.

dakaf_fal

Postby Lineve38 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:46 pm

Being beautiful is really connected to taking good care of the body’s overall health. Below are some great ways to keep the body in top condition, which also result in getting one’s natural beauty emerge!

Avoid even the best hair conditioners if your hair is finely textured. You should only need to use a conditioner once, or up to two times, in one week. Not knowing when and how to use even the best hair conditioner will still cause the weighing down of the hair and making it look dull. If you'd like to have voluminous, shiny hair, go easy on the conditioner.

Pimples appear unexpectedly and catch you unprepared. How to remedy this? Leave those pimples on your skin for the first ten minutes or so. If you are aware of what is BB cream and its effects, this is really the simplest yet most effective way to deal with pimples and other skin blemishes.

The best powder brush is often that one which is the cleanest! And so there is a need to wash makeup powder brushes frequently. Here’s a good way of doing it. Fill your sink with baby shampoo and warm water, working the liquefied soap through the bristles. Rinse the brush bristles thoroughly and then allow them to dry overnight. Washing brushes thoroughly prevents makeup and bacteria from building up.

Wear moisturizer with sunscreen to retain your skin's youth and healthy shine. Contrary to what many are used to, sunscreens should really be worn all year long. Although life on earth depends on the sun’s power, prolonged exposure to sunlight is damaging. If you had had sun-burnt skin before, you are aware of the pain and hassle.

Drink a lot of water every day for great skin. Dehydration dries out skin and leaves it wrinkly. You can dehydrate your skin by getting in a minimum of eight daily servings of water. You can always add a hint of lime or lemon to your beverage. Your skin will really appreciate and enjoy it if you drink lots of water regularly.

True enough, beauty is fully prominent when one is healthy.

Lineve38

Postby pirxthepilot » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:42 am

anyone know a trustworthy online pharmacy (if there even is such a thing) to purchase retin A /tretinoin? it's not available in the UK since the patent expired last year apparently
also, does anyone have experience using it? i recently got some very minor scars on my face, the internet seems to believe this is the best way to encourage them to fill in

pirxthepilot

Postby vice » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:39 pm

used tretinoin for a while couple years ago. i didn't have deep scars so much as persistent red marks under the top layer of my skin from previous acne. i didn't really notice much difference during my time using it, so i ended up getting a chemical peel which had much more noticeable effects a lot quicker.

it was a while ago, but when I went to the dermatologist they said that the tretinoin would help with the spots but for quicker results i'd be better off getting a chemical peel. i believe the office i went to offered chemical peels, but I ended up just going to a spa to get it done. if you're going to get one done, i would recommend doing it during a break or sedentary period in your life as there are a couple days where there is literally dead skin hanging off your face (you shouldn't peel the skin off before it comes off naturally). also the skin underneath is very sensitive to UV, so it's best to stay inside and buy some fancy noncomedogenic sunscreen for when you emerge with your fresh new layer of skin.

because my spots were very shallow, the peel i got was weak and i was ready to face the world in a week. for deeper scars there are higher concentrations, or you can go back for more peels.

i've been told that pharmacies offer over the counter peels, but personally i'd be a little bit scared of messing those up myself. the spa peel was around $100, but i highly recommend it, i felt a lot better about the state of my face after it was all said and done.

please talk to somebody more qualified than me before scheduling anything. i don't want to ruin anybody's face.

vice

Postby chadnik » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:37 pm

I just destroyed my skin barrier through accidental overuse of tret. Be very careful and take it slow. It takes a while to see results, and like any skin treatment, it may just not work for some people (though many people do see great results with it).

and You do have to be careful with home peels (I personally would be hesitant to do certain kinds of peels, like a Jessner or TCA, outside of a doctor's office/professional spa), but as long as you follow instructions carefully and take it easy, always starting with the lowest concentration for the shortest amount of time, a series of at-home peels can be very helpful and very cheap (albeit with less immediately dramatic results as a professional one). I used to use a lactic acid peel from MUAC once every two weeks for a while with great success. There are relatively mild peels that you can buy at low concentrations, like mandelic and lactic. If you're worried about dark marks left over from acne (PIH), I've also had a great deal of success using a lotion containing niacinamide every day (and of course, always using sunscreen every day, peel or no peel).

chadnik

Postby shyan » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:01 pm

Help me treat my KP! All over my arms and upper chest.

I've used coconut oil and a half dozen moisturizers recommended by the internet. I use a washcloth and try and not be too abrasive. I've gone to two dermatologists and they haven't given me much lasting help besides some a few prescriptions that I used which helped but was told to stop after a few weeks. One guy told me to cut down dairy and refined flour but there is no way I can cut down pizza and pasta.

What are your special tips that help you mitigate KP?

shyan

Postby shar pei » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:42 pm

CHEERS
P
shar pei

Postby vice » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:03 pm

Wondering if anybody else has tried this and if they had a similar experience to me:

I got really sick of my face getting super oily based on the temperature/humidity outside and the facewash/products I was using; Cerave was actually moisturizing my face too much in the summer, leaving my face incredibly oily after just spending a couple hours outside, and the L'Occitane face wash I was using dried my face out a little too much.

So after the positive results of cutting shampoo out of my showers, I decided I was going to start washing my face with just water, and cover my pillow with a clean hand towel to soak up oil and prevent me sleeping on the same sweaty surface every night. Surprisingly this actually worked, my face stayed clear and my skincare routine became a lot less tedious. But I now wonder if this is actually a valid method of skincare, or if I just managed to luck out and grow out of acne at the same time as abandoning all my products.

vice

Postby deadkitty » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:48 am

current routine:

am
----
Cetaphil
random rosewater toner
Clinique dramatically different moisturizer
Shiseido sunscreen

pm
-----
Tata Harper regenerating cleanser
toner
Clinique moisutrizer
Tata Harper resurfacing mask (every 3 or 4 days)

I really like Tata Harper! feels like aesop but more ~dermatology less twigs and mud.
however
I want to switch to a chemical exfoliator. feel like i have a tendency to overdo it with the regenerating cleaner. what's good?

also
want to add a serum that will make me GLOW and/or make me look DEWEY
whats good?

deadkitty

Postby ptozzi » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:17 pm

ptozzi

Postby kickingthefly » Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:02 pm

deadkitty i dunno if you can get this stuff where you are but a friend of mine swears by it, it actually seems to have a 'glowy' effect when i remember to use it.
https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/201 ... drug-serum

kickingthefly

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:58 pm

looking for new sunscreen recs!!! i'm about to finish up my current one (anessa spf50+/pa++++) while it's okay, it's a bit on the heavier side for me
i've also tried sofina beaute (sappari -- i think this is formulated for combo/oily skin vs the other one for dry/sensitive skin), and it's the right consistency i'm looking for but it has too much of a white cast.

i've heard good things abt the biore aqua rich essence spf50+/pa++++, anyone have experience w/ this one?

also -- i've introduced the ordinary lactic 10% + HA into my daily routine and it makes all the difference :^). i think i'm going to look at some vit c serums too although my routine is pretty fuckin long already lmao

night routine (for the curious)

fun_yunchables

Postby kremvax » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:27 pm

i use and love la roche-posay's ultralight anthelios sunscreen fluid spf 60, i think their oil-free clear skin one gets good reviews too/is usually cheaper (about 10 dollars less than the 30-33 the anthelios one costs)
i hear a lot of good stuff about the biore one too (esp from ppl around my complexion) but have yet 2 try it (and i feel like i should considering that you can buy a 2-pack on amazon for like 30 dollars)

&
kremvax

Postby odradek » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:57 am

just wanna put this out there for sunscreen: if you are going swimming near coral, consider using a mineral-based sunscreen. absolutely do not use a sunscreen containing oxybenzone, which kills coral like fucking crazy. welp that's my story.

odradek

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:36 pm

here's my skin diary

maybe i learned this too late but piling on hyaluronic acid in a desert environment isn't the best way to hydrate... my skin had been even more dehydrated than before so i'm rebuilding my skin atm with niacinamide and ceramidin cream :/

i keep experimenting with new products bc curiosity

snail stuff is cool
the mizon 8% aha is super good for my skin!! i have kinda big pores on and around the nose prolly from using pore strips from when i was younger (wish i could slap myself in the past) but this is helping minimize their appearance. plus i usually wake up with glowing skin nowadays since introducing it
klairs 5% vit c seemed to work at first now it just seems like it doesn't do anythign at all (placebo effect?) so i might go a stronger formulation of vit c (cosrx triple c prolly)
the biore aqua rich essence broke me out and gave me some cystic acne. i've switched to the shiseido senka aging care sunscreen which works decently well but is a lot tougher to spread than the biore. feels greasy at first but then absorbs within 5 mins to a matte-ish finish

fun_yunchables

Postby fun_yunchables » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:29 pm

more like skincare random thoughts
this thread is like my skincare diary now lmfaooo

i love kiku masamune high moist lotion
stress pimples suck
big pores??? idk what to do
moved from the shisedo senka sunscreen to anessa sensitive (pink tube). still got some white cast but the texture is nice
oil cleasing has gotten kinda gnarly for me lately ive been gritting
no longer using facewash in the morning
introduced cosrx bha (possible reason for the extra grits too)
texture is improved my skin is rly smooth when i wake up in the morning and gradually goes to shit over the day (prolly dehydrated skin losing water???)

found this @dewydudes skincare Jarvis page about fragile masculinity and its highly relateable altho they emphasize the glossier and ordinary stuff so i think they’re still at normie lvl skincare

fun_yunchables

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:54 am

speaking of normie level skincare, any tips on being more consistent? i'll go a month or so where I'm good and then I just forget about it

my skin is decent without upkeep which makes it easier to stop using stuff but I definitely need to at least moisturize more regularly

UnwashedMolasses

Postby bels » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:12 am

You just gotta go to bed earlier mate. 9pm I start my wind down, I light a Fornasetti candle (normally go through about three a week, they come in a three pack which is convenient) and ring my evening bell. I set my Phillips Hue lighting system to gradually switch to a reddish hue over the next hour, and turn on my three FM3 Buddha boxes. I spend a little bit of time setting up a good drone sequence on them, this helps center me and mentally signals to my subconscious that I've begun winding down, as well as providing a unique and calming soundscape. I do some light stretches for the next twenty minutes. My crossfit coach gives me a new routine each week to keep things interesting. After that I listen to a Headspace 'go to sleep' meditation in Savasana. This really helps me come to terms with the day that I've had and preps me to sit down with my journal to spend five minutes freewriting. Once I've done that I'm ready to compose my thankfulness, gratefulness, and change lists. Around this time I extinguish the Fornasetti and switch to a Palo Santo incense. I also enable a porn blocker on my phone so that I don't feel tempted to crank one whilst I do my skin routine, which takes me to around 10.15, just enough time to lie in bed controlling my breathing before falling asleep at 10.35.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby sknss » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:57 pm

I only use products in the morning, can't be bothered to do anything more than brushing my teeth in the evening

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby norman » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:21 pm

everything i post is a joke
norman

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:57 pm

fun_yunchables

PreviousNext

Return to Care