[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom thoughts

Postby hooplah » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:07 pm

definitely more articulate in writing (when i actually try)

when i speak i'm super colloquial. every other word is a swear word, "like," or "dude." i curse like a sailor, even when talking to my parents.

also i'm cringing at the memory of a phone interview i had for a job in college in which i said "decor" instead of "decorum"

hooplah

Postby eufemism » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:04 pm

I sound bumbling and lame in both writing and speaking.

Today pretty much sucked and it's not over yet. To start of the morning I took a geography test that i should have aced, but i have that nagging feeling that i'm gonna get a bad grade. Then i was almost late to my chemistry discussion but managed to get there because I started speed walking. There was actually some old lady speed walking around and I could barely keep pace, so there's that. Then I went totally and completely blank during a quiz even though I have no margin of error because I already messed up three of the quizzes.

Man, school is stressful. I honestly just make the stupidest mistakes when it counts the most and I have no one to blame but myself.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby stappard_ » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:44 pm

today I found out I get a 15% discount at oki-ni through work, which is a bit surprising and a bit dangerous

stappard_

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:09 pm

if this thread is any indication i'm the most eloquent writer alive

ramdomthought

Postby RomanEmpire » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:42 pm

I mumble sometimes in person especially if I'm not in a good mood, doesn't help that I have a bit of a lisp. My writing is good but nothing amazing either. I feel like I lack vocabulary both when writing and speaking

RomanEmpire

Postby Vaeltaja » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:56 pm

Depends on the day. I can mumble and butcher English whether I'm speaking it or writing it if I'm just feeling incoherent that day.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby === » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:07 pm

I start about 90% of my sentences in real life with "um" or "uh."

B)
===

Postby smiles » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:32 pm

I can't write very well informally but for papers and stuff I'm pretty good. I've been told I speak softly to the point that I'm hard to understand.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby kyung » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:34 pm

the only sentence i say on a regular basis is, can I have/I'll take a large iced coffee

the rest is incoherent grunts and mumbles at my roommates

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby can- » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:01 am

how you doing

take it easy

see you around

take care man

can-

Postby === » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:12 am

People tell me to just say nothing when I'd normally say "um/uh," but then I just end up with three seconds of awkward silence while I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to say. It annoys me and probably annoys the people I'm talking to but I don't know how to fix it. :/

B)
===

Postby bels » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:41 am

Silence is fine if you're working out what to say.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Catfush » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:39 am

Be sure to look thoughtful when you're silently putting your thoughts together. Don't want to be silent while looking dumbfounded.

Catfush

Postby sparkyoriental » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:04 pm

while on the topic of speech, how often do you use swear words?

where do you come from?

are there any words commonly described as a "swear" or "curse" words that you feel uncomfortable using?

what is the most creative use of fuck in a sentence?

etc.

sparkyoriental

Postby seth83292 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:46 pm

I'm from norcal so I say extremely a lot actually.

If I'm around close friends the swears flow readily and regularly. I don't feel as comfortable swearing around people unless I've hung out with them at least twice in an informal setting.

I can't bring myself to say cunt, or bastard; not for any real moral reason, they just don't sound right coming out of my mouth. Or any "british" swears. One of my friends I used to know got really into the BBC and their shows and started to say stuff like mate and twat and knob and stuff and it sounded awful.

seth83292

Postby charybdis » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:05 pm

I've been told that I'm surprisingly profane. I'm pretty demure in all other aspects of my life minus the fact that I say fuck and shit with alarming regularity.

I think the only word I don't like to use is cunt.

I was born in california, so I say extremely a bit.

I wish I knew chinese curse words but I'm stuck with calling people "bad eggs."

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby kyung » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:58 pm

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby jrisk » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Is extremely considered a swear?

I don't swear very often out loud, mostly just in text/online and it's just run-of-the-mill stuff.

jrisk

Postby chilljin » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm

any uk peeps seeing a load of neck nominations on facey b? some of them are proper bants like just been having a proper laugh at a few, rugby lads drinking pints of jager in the shower with their nob out. for the bants

some are wank though; watched some neckbeard-type who is at my uni halls awkwardly down a pint of carling sounding like a horse drinking from a tap.

chilljin

Postby greggy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:09 pm

whenever I go to post on forums I lose any trace of eloquence I might have ever had - it's quite frustrating

all I can write are one-liners and I tend to forget what I was talking about mid-sentence

greggy

Postby freddy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:21 am

I have too many fucking thoughts, feels, and am never finished with absorbing all sorts of information needed to compose what I want to articulate in writing. It ends up always being unsatisfactorily inconclusive despite the meticulousness in my endeavors literally.

so sum times i jus watn2type like dis :/

freddy

Postby swatfishy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:45 am

swatfishy

Postby starfox64 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:26 am

DMX and George Zimmerman are going to box.

Fuck everything about this.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby ballast » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:57 pm

tonight is my turn to plan date night and i'm taking her out to see the lego movie in 3d. i don't know why she puts up with me sometimes.

she did make me see best man holiday though. at least the lego movie is supposed to be great.

ballast

Postby sensodyne » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:00 pm

Lamost drunk messaged someone on faceobok last night who I had met and had an an awkweard/nice interaction with at the club last night. Glad i didnt, the person i found was just a lookalike.

thank god

sensodyne

Postby sparkyoriental » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:16 pm

oh god oh god oh god

I'm a jerk.

My friend is seeing a girl whose name is BeeGee. We all go out last night and everyone is getting kinda messy, myself included. According to my friends, I spent the latter half of the evening referring to her as BJ, and apparently she corrected me a few times but gave up after a while. Nooooooo

sparkyoriental

Postby rublev » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:06 pm

All my applications are in for art school now and i feel weird. Such a concentration of ideas / thinking in such a short period of time... i feel like i put a lot of work into my portfolio and now it's all out of my hands. I was pretty lost / confused after i finished my degree..., and then i did a postgrad degree thinking, oh hey i just need to do this and THEN i'll figure out what i want to do!! That's a lie. It doesn't exist. I've felt more happy doing my portfolio over the last few months than i have in so many years. Not that i wasn't happy doing my other degree..., but it was a different set of rules for my brain. Looking back it felt very clinical... lots of information and analysis but for what? I did international law / strategic studies - focusing on the Middle East / Caucasus, looking at whether targeted killing is legal etc etc. It was just INFORMATION..., here's my analysis on THIS EVENT to a small portion of people who care but will almost certainly in every instance disagree with what i have to say but in the end what we all churn out is of little significance. I did a 4 month internship for a risk analysis agency and all i did was pretty much tell people who paid us (the company i mean) how many people died in one location, how they died, and whether they should risk going there or not. Am i meant to feel better?

I'm rambling but what i'm trying to say is that if there's something you enjoy or something that makes you feel good about yourself or gives a sense of relief, take that road!

I'll probably find out over the next month whether i've got an interview for any of the schools i've applied for. I have a feeling in my gut, i don't want to jinx anything. But i have a feelings. I don't know what it's trying to tell me. Realistically..., i shouldn't get in. I decided late on to do this, and completed a portfolio in just 3 months on my own while working. But all i can do is wait for now. My top choice is Glasgow School of Art (i have no idea if people here will know what i'm talking about). I haven't cried in a long long time but i'll be a doubled over mess if this works out.

edit: actually, that's a lie, i have cried quite recently.

rublev
Political Editor

Postby venilla » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:10 am

my dad was wondering why i was in the shower for so long and asked me if i was masturbating and told me not to do it in the shower since it can clog the drain...

i was singing tokyo police club/impersonating random rapper adlibs and got too "into it" and forgot how long i spent showering

venilla

Postby ramdomthought » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:07 am

yay my bedroom is almost sorted. I've gotta get some hooks on the walls for my pants and move my desk/chair but otherwise I'm there.

Feels good

ramdomthought

Postby maj » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:02 pm

contract phones are disgustingly expensive, how do people afford these things, £37 a month and it's tied to me for 2 years! forget that.

maj

PreviousNext

Return to Care