[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom thoughts

Postby yourdad » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:35 pm

this restaurant uses ipads as menus. this is a first

yourdad

Postby exprof » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:04 am

Any linguists here? Does anyone know how proficient you have to be at a given language so that you may detect an "accent"? Also, are some languages easier to blend into? I feel like French is one language that is especially difficult to perfect...

exprof

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:00 am

being sick sucks but the silver lining is that i got a free cup of tea today

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Syeknom » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:00 am

Syeknom

Postby LandslideBaby » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:21 am

I can detect some different obvious accents in french and I'm not that proficient. I don't think some languages are more difficult to perfect, it's just that people mocking english natives speaking french is common. You don't see people mocking english natives/wtv natives people speaking portuguese, but most of them struggle a lot especially with sounds like "lh" "nh" "ão" and with the whole everything being masculine/feminine (this is also shared with spanish/french/most languages(?)). Sometimes that is not even the issue but things like tone, as you tend to speak other languages with the same "metric" as you speak yours.

LandslideBaby

Postby vgtbls » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:00 pm

Living in fear of the day that I meet someone and they've extensively googled me

vgtbls

Postby JonjoShelvey » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:33 pm

bro just share a name w/ a couple famous people and use no social media boom people can google you all you want

it's that easy

JonjoShelvey

Postby exprof » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:18 pm

you're absolutely right, I completely forgot about grammar and how it varies. Come to think of it syntax might give you away (at least in writing) the most, I know that in french certain sentence structures are entirely different from their english counterparts.

sounds are definitely one of the most difficult to master, the ability to roll your "r"s is definitely not obvious.

exprof

Postby vgtbls » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:33 pm

hiding from the fact that real life and the internet merged in 2012

vgtbls

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:44 pm

i only spent $80 on groceries this month

a lot less when i actually started tracking what i buy

ramdomthought

Postby IsaiahSchafer » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:38 pm

Couple people asked on irc, so I found a few pics to show the backyard wedding and such.

IsaiahSchafer

Postby arcticsound » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:23 pm

Went to the weirdest party last night. It was thrown by Export A at a really shitty club way out in the burbs. They gave us three drink tickets and four free packs of cigarettes at the door and the whole place was jungle themed for somer reason. It was invite only for industry people (restaurants, bars, etc.), but it ended up being a pretty normal club crowd which was kind of a bummer. DJ was absolutely awful as well, sounded like his library was just 'top 10 of a year' albums and he barely even mixed. Used all my drink tickets in, like, half an hour, then left. Now I have a bunch of cigs and I don't even smoke.

arcticsound

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:59 pm

cheers . soaked hash browns in a brine and they came out significantly better -- less starchy and cooked better to a crispier sort of taste

ramdomthought

Postby jrisk » Thu May 01, 2014 10:32 am

my headphones fit so much better after a haircut

jrisk

Postby exprof » Thu May 01, 2014 2:46 pm

My aunt gave me a cowboy beer boot as a belated birthday gift lol

exprof

Postby nevergreen » Thu May 01, 2014 2:59 pm

been putting a conscious effort towards eating and eating healthy (before i would actually be too lazy to eat/make something). past few days i've made myself a nice healthy lunch and it feels good. i mean i never really ate poorly, just didn't really eat healthy, if that makes sense.

also went to the gym for the firs time in forever on tuesday. upper body is sore but my elbows are absolutely killing me... going back today to work legs and i'm excited to get back in shape.

nevergreen

Postby Bootz_Rex » Thu May 01, 2014 3:09 pm

I'm also trying to eat a little healthier. Less processed foods. Natural stuff like fruits, veggies, meat. It's not really hard to do but so much less convenient. When I pack my lunch for work it's like I have to spend 10 minutes preparing something instead of just throwing granola bars and yogurt into a bag and calling it good. + 1 on the positive change though. That's always a good thing.

Bootz_Rex

Postby starfox64 » Thu May 01, 2014 3:23 pm

did anyone own that makr key bottle opener? ?

i thought someone had it and said that it sucked

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby sparkyoriental » Thu May 01, 2014 3:48 pm

signed up for a CSA today (community supported agriculture), excited to get all kinds of weird veg and fruit all summer!

sparkyoriental

Postby g2x222 » Thu May 01, 2014 3:50 pm

g2x222

Postby ramseames » Thu May 01, 2014 4:26 pm

ramseames

Postby nevergreen » Thu May 01, 2014 5:06 pm

nevergreen

Postby can- » Thu May 01, 2014 5:29 pm

can-

Postby Blastoise » Thu May 01, 2014 5:51 pm

Officially admitted to the university that I was planning to transfer to this fall (Twin Cities). Woo.

Blastoise

Postby prawnzee » Thu May 01, 2014 7:17 pm

I've almost recovered from may day. drank a lot of starting at 2pm and ending at.. can't recall. the cool thing is I spent 0€ the whole night! the last song of the night was the , sang that shit as loud as I could and slow danced with a cool girl. nice stuff

prawnzee

Postby smiles » Fri May 02, 2014 12:43 am

says I sound like a kangaroo. What it do

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby oucho » Fri May 02, 2014 6:53 am

that is knitted

oucho

Postby freddy » Fri May 02, 2014 9:27 am

it seriously takes me 2-3 days to do laundry, i don't know how ppls put up with me

freddy

Postby stappard_ » Fri May 02, 2014 1:20 pm

It really annoys me that index isn't capitalised in "Board index" on this forum

stappard_

Postby RycePooding » Fri May 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Taking my first test run to a state park this weekend. Wish me luck (smiling)

RycePooding

PreviousNext

Return to Care