[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom thoughts

Postby stappard_ » Wed May 28, 2014 9:13 am

stappard_

Postby bottlebrush » Wed May 28, 2014 9:15 am

bottlebrush

Postby darfest » Wed May 28, 2014 3:28 pm

@exprof i ment that as a whoa guys that would be cool

darfest

Postby okayfruit » Wed May 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Yesterday I sat in the back row of the lecture hall, and while trying to climb over the seats to get a handout, I tripped and smacked my head against the wall. It only left a small bump but now the one girl sitting next to me knows what I've done and I don't want to sit on that side of the room anymore.

okayfruit

Postby prawnzee » Thu May 29, 2014 6:32 am

prawnzee

Postby papabear » Thu May 29, 2014 4:50 pm

So this week, I started learning French with the new Duolingo app. This is the funnest way I've ever learned a language. My new favorite phrase is "Le homme mange une orange"

papabear

Postby greggy » Thu May 29, 2014 6:19 pm

moving to Warsaw for 6+ months on saturday and i'm only half-packed

don't even know what i need to take other than summer clothes - apartment i'll have there is fully serviced

are there any polish care-taggers? seems unlikely but might as well ask

greggy

Postby rublev » Thu May 29, 2014 8:14 pm

This might be a dumb question but can i download music from myspace? I've found an old music page i had from years ago and i kinda want to get the files back??

rublev
Political Editor

Postby sparkyoriental » Thu May 29, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm dating/seeing/whatevering with two girls right now (both know I'm dating other people so this is not too bad).

The problem is that there is one extra toothbrush in my apartment, and both of them think that it's theirs. They both use it when they stay over. This toothbrush conundrum happened by accident - it's actually my mom's from when she came to visit. I I didn't put away when Girl A was visiting and she assumed I set it out for her. Girl B made the same assumption the next day.

moral of the story: I'm an asshole, cannot fix this problem because the toothbrush is quite distinctive looking so I can't just buy another one

sparkyoriental

Postby ramseames » Thu May 29, 2014 9:30 pm

say you knocked it on the bathroom floor and had to replace it

ramseames

Postby freddy » Fri May 30, 2014 1:13 am

had this "holy shit" realization that I had to post:

if taxi drivers are so infuriated with Lyft because of the increased competition, why don't they just become Lyft drivers instead?? So much for the fearmongering.. no?

freddy

Postby ramseames » Fri May 30, 2014 1:16 am

Fuck taxi drivers. I want fucking uber in vancouver so i never have to deal with those assholes again

Last edited by ramseames on Fri May 30, 2014 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ramseames

Postby exprof » Fri May 30, 2014 1:20 am

or initiate a BYOT (bring your own toothbrush)

exprof

Postby freddy » Fri May 30, 2014 1:22 am

I get the biggest anxiety riding for your reasons – it takes the pleasure out of the experience despite the premium you pay when you need to get from point a to point b

it's like being fashion-stupid and walking into a big-name fashion shop and getting fucked as a fashion victim

freddy

Postby jrisk » Fri May 30, 2014 7:36 am

I like to tease my little siblings. They've been doing french-themed activities at the library so they've learned conversational stuff. Lately, at dinner, I'll stop eating and say a french word and wait and then they'll sit and wait for me to continue before I say something else nonsensical in my best gruff old man cigarette-smoking Parisian voice. My favorite is "Merci...beau poulet" (I don't even know if that's correct grammar)

jrisk

Postby ramseames » Fri May 30, 2014 12:54 pm

ramseames

Postby sick boy » Fri May 30, 2014 3:11 pm

From my sister: "I just realized that clocks don't actually know what time it is"

sick boy

Postby RycePooding » Fri May 30, 2014 3:57 pm

Just bought Bonnaroo tickets. Who's with me.

RycePooding

Postby rublev » Fri May 30, 2014 4:54 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby maj » Fri May 30, 2014 5:04 pm

looks like i'm moving to greenland!

maj

Postby nevergreen » Fri May 30, 2014 7:03 pm

i just wrote a long ass post but i went away for a while, came back to it, hit submit and it logged me out sooo tl;dr

good day yesterday
friend offered me to go to sf june 14-17. i was down
got home last night and broke the screen of my phone to where the lcd doesn't even work anymore. replacement screen is around 200, new phone w/ my insurance is 200, upgrade is 200. luckily my brother just upgraded to a 5s so i have a phone (his old 4s)
realized during writing the last post that the day i was gonna go to sf is father's day weekend. was really excited too :/

nevergreen

Postby hot coffee » Fri May 30, 2014 10:46 pm

My(elementary) proof: Why a sage will have no free will.

As Epictetus will tell: Inevitables are never good nor bad, good and bad only lie in our (human) will.

As Nietzsche will tell: Only a weak man (salmon) will of made the distinctions good and bad.

A sage, not being a weak man, will enter into any given situation with no distinction for it being good nor bad. No matter the case, the sage will act to the best of his abilities in the given situation, for it is the one and only route a true sage shall take. Therefore the sage will only have one course of action in any given situation, the sage does not have free will. Will the sage need free will to respond to the situation? No, he only has one route of action. Then, is free will needed to any individual?

hot coffee

Postby inherently » Fri May 30, 2014 11:00 pm

why does acting to the best of ones abilities imply that there is only one possible option?

ie) ask the sage to choose a number between 1 and 100.

inherently

Postby hot coffee » Fri May 30, 2014 11:08 pm

It does not imply that there is only one option, but that there is only one options which the sage shall take. That option being the one that would create the most flourishing result(s) from the given situation.

Well, that example messed my proof up.
The sage will have free will in situations where the results will be unclear, or in situations were the way to get the results wanted are unclear. A choice will have to be made, but the correct choice(the choice that will result in the most flourishing aftermath) will be unclear. Our sage shall try to the best of his abilities again, but the best thing to do in the situation will be an educated guess of which is the most just choice. Giving our sage free will in the situation to assess the just choice.

hot coffee

Postby ryng » Sat May 31, 2014 7:39 am

Even the Band of Outsiders shirt I got in S fits large on me how slim must I be?? Although I'm starting to enjoy the antifit juxtaposed with its intended shrunken proportions.

ryng

Postby ramdomthought » Sat May 31, 2014 11:53 am

4 day week and i've worked 54 hours

at least i'm part time/hourly so i've made cash

ramdomthought

Postby ramdomthought » Sat May 31, 2014 11:54 am

man it fucking blows when something is entirely your fault because of your lack of knowledge

at least it's relatively easy to fix that whole gap in knowledge thing

ramdomthought

Postby tomsfood » Sat May 31, 2014 12:56 pm

mom walks into room, sees me browsing care-tags

"is that the 'ugly fashion' website you like? look at that guy, he's kinda ugly" (pointing at raf)

love you mom<3

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby zayg » Sat May 31, 2014 1:52 pm

every single current radio rap song uses the same sample that says "HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY"

zayg

Postby seth83292 » Sat May 31, 2014 2:44 pm

DJ mustard's same clap, snare, clap

seth83292

PreviousNext

Return to Care