[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom thoughts

Postby prawnzee » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:19 pm

if me or my 40+ year old big brothers are any indication, we'll all feel like kids in many aspects - forever and ever

prawnzee

Postby Ques » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:26 pm

considering the paleo diet

has anyone here tried it/is currently on it?

Ques

Postby stappard_ » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:53 pm

What's the difference between the paleo diet and a standard low-carbohydrate diet? Seems expensive to just eat a load of meat all the time

stappard_

Postby 2takeke » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:14 pm

paleo doesn't have to be low carb, but it can be. paleo is more specifically about the health benefits (outside of weight loss), while people on keto are usually doing so for the weight loss. i did paleo + keto for all of last year and i lost around 40lbs. felt pretty amazing as well, though my poops smelled weird

2takeke

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:58 pm

and yet only 585 replies to the asl thread

ramdomthought

Postby maj » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:27 am

Drinking massively upsets my stomach would make sense to cut it out completely but I've given up so much stuff already because of all of it. Soon will just resort to rice cakes and water.

maj

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:15 am

is there any way to tell someone "I wish you had what I had" without being the asshole with a great life? (completely hypothetical)

UnwashedMolasses

Postby agvs » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:44 am

agvs

Postby rublev » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:12 pm

Do we have somewhere to talk about 'current affairs'??? Planes being shot down by Ukranian rebels, Israel back into Gaza, the Litvinenko judge led inquiry, Iraq on the brink of civil war, the European Union 2k14 plan, and most importantly, Scottish independence referendum????

rublev
Political Editor

Postby eufemism » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:08 pm

A scene I noticed while on the highway.

There's this dude in a navy blue 2003 Nissan Sentra. In one hand he's holding a cigarette while in the other he has his phone watching something while also trying to keep his hand on the steering wheel. For like 2 miles this guy was swerving in and out of his lane. That fucker must of had a death wish or something like that because I've never seen somebody stupid enough to drive while that distracted.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby chadnik » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:19 pm

speaking of unsafe driving conditions

chadnik

Postby Blastoise » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:44 pm

Paging . I had my transfer orientation today at the U and I'm 90% sure that I saw you riding your bike this morning. Were you wearing gray shorts and black shoes...and that white bike cap under a helmet (not to be too specific)?

Blastoise

Postby silvaeri » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:51 pm

Haha yeah that was definitely me! I was riding a silver/grey bike right?

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby chadnik » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:55 pm

what is it exactly?

chadnik

Postby Blastoise » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:02 pm

In that case, the first Care-Tags Twin Cities meetup went okay.

for sure.

Blastoise

Postby nevergreen » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:58 pm

it's almost august where'd the summer go

nevergreen

Postby Blastoise » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:10 pm

Rep: No, 19. I'm cool with lunch or whatever or just hanging out. Doesn't matter too much.

I haven't had a single day this summer without working, hanging out, or something going on. Kind of overwhelming but at the same time I'm really enjoying it.

Blastoise

Postby silvaeri » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Damn why are you all so young?! Haha no worries, do you live on/near campus now? Or just let me know some day that you'll be around and we could get lunch or something.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby smiles » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:12 am

Going back to vermont on the 29th for about five weeks then going back to hong kong for five weeks then going back to vermont for five weeks then going back to hong kong, then???

hope I can see some you care-taggers in august. I'll probably go to nyc.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby rublev » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:52 am

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Blastoise » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:59 am

Blastoise

Re: misc jorts

Postby ballast » Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:49 pm

paging

anyways, a japanese artist sent two bonsai arrangements into space and took pictures

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3033264/wha ... e-in-space

ballast

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:45 pm

i am not impressed by this topic name change

ramdomthought

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:45 pm

thoughts aren't jorts

i hate you

ramdomthought

Postby eufemism » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:24 pm

i've seen like 20 Porsche 911 carreras downtown. are they the new affordable sports car?

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby bels » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Cayenne is the affordable one innit. 911 price can only go up as they try to differentiate it more from the Cayenne (which according to the gear heads, drives better than it)

Wish I had a Porsche.

As I left the office today the secretary I have a crush on drove past me in a brand new Audi TT with the roof down. The sun was out, it was 28 degrees and she was wearing pink sunglasses. I felt this thudding sense of longing crash into my ribcage as she drove away, along with a feeling of disgust at my longing and lingering wonderment at how a secretary could afford a brand new Audi.

Speaking of, is there a word for what happens after a wave has broken, when it sort of sucks back out to sea?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby can- » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:50 pm

ebb or flow innit

can-

Postby sid3000 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:25 pm

I have been very liberal with my use of car horn lately. I never really touched it while driving, expecting careless drivers to hear me when I shout at them with my windows up. Not anymore. I'm a honking maniac, when appropriate. And I feel less stress and road rage in general.

I encourage you all to free yourselves from your shackles, start honking more. It's time for a change.

sid3000

Postby jrisk » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:25 pm

using your horn is very therapeutic.

driving to work the other day (this was honestly partly my fault since I was trying to pass in the right lane) and the SUV in the lane next to me started merging into the right lane when I was right next to them. I noticed early on and started drifting into the breakdown lane and I went to lay on my horn... and it didn't work?! I gave up on the horn and went fully into the breakdown lane. I don't think they noticed me until they were completely in the right lane. I tried the horn when I got to work and it worked and it's been working fine ever since.

jrisk

Postby exprof » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:39 pm

UGH! I hate drivers who never check their blind spots before changing lanes.

Also just saw a driving instructor texting while driving today, talk about setting a great example...

exprof

PreviousNext

Return to Care