[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom jorts

Postby sick boy » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:12 pm

@odradek I wish, just the ontario smart serve program I have to take to even be allowed to touch alcohol

sick boy

Postby roqq » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:30 pm

using online dating sites blows. people act way different online. it's a mindfuck.

roqq

Postby hooplah » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:06 pm

hooplah

Postby prosopon » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:17 pm

@hooplah how far of a line would the nail salon have to cross before you unequivocally stopped going?

i stopped going to a bar i liked because the owner punched a woman in the face and called her something sexist, but i wonder if i'm doing more harm than good. the owner is only one small part of that bar. i'm also hurting the bartender and other employees i like, the bands that play there, the neighborhood it's in....

prosopon

Postby silvaeri » Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:09 pm

Wasn't super sure where I should post this, was debating between random fashion jorts or here, settled on here. But I came across this video talking about style, a bit about authenticity, and judgements based on clothing and stuff and i thought it was pretty interesting and felt compelled to share.

[youtube]?v=qATAprQoH7Q[/youtube]

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby harmsalmon » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:21 pm

so I was supposed to work this past monday and tonight and tomorrow night, but I talked to my boss last weekend about how I will need to take these shifts off as I needed to spend time with my stepmother before she leaves for a cancer treatment clinic for 4 weeks. he told me that it was fine and was very understanding, and that I only needed to try and get my shift on monday covered and let him know if I couldn't. I couldn't find anyone to cover it, but forgot to let him know, which was definitely my own fault. however, that was for just monday. I got a call from him about half an hour ago asking where I was, and saying that I was supposed to come in tonight and tomorrow night. I told him that I though we had talked about these days too (we did) and apologized for the misunderstanding, but he still seemed really upset and just said "alright, I'll talk to you later." my employee handbook says that not showing up for a scheduled shift is "grounds for termination," but can it still be if I had to take off due to a family health emergency and my boss just doesn't have any recollection of it? up until now the restaurant has been very nice to work for and cooperative, but now I'm worried.....

harmsalmon

Postby charybdis » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:24 am

This article pretty much sums up how I feel right now:

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby Syeknom » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:38 am

The convoluted routes airlines are taking to avoid flying over ukrainian airspace

Loads going around over the black sea and up through Russian's southern federal district , or across Poland and Belarus instead.

Syeknom

Postby CleanThug » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:27 pm

just jumping in here for a sec on vacation (no internet is a killer) to say everyone on care-tags looks great. I'm gonna have a ton of shit to look through when I get back.

see you in a week or so care-tags

CleanThug

Postby rublev » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:17 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby odradek » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:41 pm

odradek

Postby can- » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:08 pm

Pop Tates Chocolate Shoppe

can-

Postby chadnik » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:53 pm

My wallet went missing on Wednesday. I scoured my car and house—nothing. I chalked it up to my absentmindedness (like the time I used my passport as a bookmark and then returned that book, passport still inside, to the library) and assumed it would magic itself back into my hands soon enough. But today I got an envelope in the mail. Inside it were all of my cards, IDs, old receipts, etc.—just no cash, and no wallet itself (sad, because it was a nice CdG). The envelope had no return address and there was no explanatory note. My address was written in spindly old-person handwriting, all capitals, each letter carefully delineated. None of my cards have been charged, there's no fishy business, there's just nothing. A thief with a guilty conscience? A halfway decent Samaritan? What does this person know about me from my co-op membership card, the two pictures of me on my IDs, the receipt from my hometown across the country, my signatures, the Turkish lira that stayed in my coin pouch as an amulet that they kept?

oh yeah, I'm way happier to not have to go to the DMV than I'm sad about not having my wallet

Last edited by chadnik on Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
chadnik

Postby JtotheWhat » Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:31 am

Can't believe how big North American food portion sizes are since coming back..

JtotheWhat

Postby popcorn » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:05 pm

didn't know whether this is for random fshin jorts or music, conversation or here
but this thread is fun so here goes

i liked this band a year ago

this is their sophomore album

dana lee has a section on their website for pictures of people wearing dana lee
http://www.danaleenewyork.com/category/ ... on-people/
and there's the album again
so i'm listening to it again

popcorn

Postby starfox64 » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:06 pm

bought an a/c this weekend and my quality of life has increased like 300%

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Stingray Sam » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:16 pm

Richard Dawkins is a terrible person

Stingray Sam

Postby jrisk » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:26 pm

weird to think about lurkers and how they're reading what we're saying and i wonder if they think we're cool or not

jrisk

Postby ballast » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:38 pm

how come wolverine has pearly white teeth and not metal teeth if his skeleton was fully adamantium-ized. they should give hugh jackman metal grills to complete my nerd-immersion

wow i did not know that. hm, makes sense now!

ballast

Postby oldtrailmix » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:29 pm

i now use coffee exclusively as a laxative

oldtrailmix

Postby silvaeri » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:50 pm

room temp cold press is not as good as cold/iced cold press.

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:08 pm

fax machines are the fucking devil

ramdomthought

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:08 pm

multifunction printers are satans armpit

ramdomthought

Postby popcorn » Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:01 pm

Are there online communities (forums?) for interior design, ~art~, and so forth? I really appreciate the service /r/malefashionadvice did me by putting things in stupid regular people terms, what else can be explored in the same way?

popcorn

Postby hooplah » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:44 pm

wow dude i just leaned back in my office chair and when i went back to normal sitting position, the arm rest caught on the edge of my desk and wouldn't let the chair return. the arm is made out of a kind of gummyish material so it scrunched up and then tilted my chair back and forth wildly out of my control and i momentarily had a panic attack because it felt like someone was sitting under my desk, holding onto my chair and moving it around.

wtf

also this was the dumbest story ever and probably didn't even deserve to be told, but i've typed it all out so i guess i should submit

hooplah

Postby sknss » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:41 am

Who is this dude you're talking to

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby rjbman » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:16 am

Can you learn to be ambidextrous?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman