[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom jorts

Postby smiles » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:29 am

Got an interview request from Royal College of Art!

|super nervous |
\(-______-)/

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby finolino » Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:00 pm

hey, guys

me and a few friends are doing a project for school regarding gender and economic disparity issues as they relate to high school students around the world. if you hs students out there who see this could just take a few minutes out of your time today to fill it out, it would really be helpful to us. we're only about 50 or so responses away from our target goal, and we're planning on releasing the results tomorrow, so any contribution would help! thanks in advance!

(note: current hs students only, though i suppose if a fr in college put themselves down here as a hs sr no one would bat an eye)

finolino

Postby harmsalmon » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:00 pm

auditions in Chicago so far are going awesome. I think I totally killed the Emerson and Boston University ones, Fordham one was alright but I wasn't too hyped on it anyway. DePaul tomorrow!!

in other news I just ate what was possibly the best meal of my life.

harmsalmon

Postby rublev » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:01 am

lol, okay i CANNOT breath see you all in another month! the last option for an interview is the 19th of this month which is weird 'cos apparently sculpture and environmental art interviews are usually first and design isn't until into march but.....okay

rublev
Political Editor

Postby Rosenrot » Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:37 am

I am starting parkour next week as part of my journey of self-discovery.

Rosenrot

Postby silvaeri » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:11 pm

pondering if:

a) i should even invite my dad to my graduation

b) he'd even want to come

professional idiot.
silvaeri

Postby harmsalmon » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:25 pm

harmsalmon

Postby DeafIdiotGod » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:08 pm

Writing a review / analysis of the new Adam Curtis film and realising just how much I missed writing.

DeafIdiotGod

Postby Ques » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:14 pm

i just spent two hours watching youtube videos of people being able to hear for the first time

FEELING EXTREMELY EMOTIONAL FOR NO REASON RIGHT NOW

also the only thing i remember dreaming about last night was that my entire family died of cancer and i cried on my french teacher's couch for what seemed like an entire day

i guess one of my great fears in life is that if someone i know and care about dies, that i won't be able to cry and everyone will think that i'm a sociopath, including myself

Ques

Postby Mippipopolous » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:16 pm

For the second year in a row, it was so cold that my eyes watered and then my tears froze in my eye lashes on the way to class. Damn it, winter.

Mippipopolous

Postby ballast » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:03 pm

ballast

Postby ramdomthought » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:22 pm

ramdomthought

Postby Capt » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:53 am

Thanks for the article! I really enjoy reading well thought out opinions that make reflect on my held beliefs. It's funny, I find myself disagreeing with the overall premise but agreeing with parts and pieces. What I felt was that this person sees that our education system isn't working, and suggests how to fix it using what he has experience with, the humanities. Just like an engineer will think that more mathematics and sciences will solve our problems, and a farmer will think more hard work from the students will solve everything. And they're all correct! No single fix will be a panacea. Which is why I have a hard time agreeing with his white and black science vs. humanities outlook. Many of our most respected artists and philosophers (especially during renaissance periods) respected both ideas. All had to earn a living by buying into society somehow, unless they came from a very rich family, which many did. Hell, even Pliny the Elder was a lawyer and military commander.

I can certainly see his frustration at the continued erosion of the arts and humanities. It's terrible watching art and theater programs being dropped from high schools. Bringing out creativity and encouraging students to observe and analyze their world is very important. It gives perspective to the world being explored by the sciences. Knowing that something can just be without being understood or perfected and being okay with that is a very powerful realization. It's something that can't broken down logically. Having an opportunity to view the world differently shouldn't be robbed of our students.

The best reason I can think of why math and sciences are being so heavily emphasized right now is because they are really good paths to having a nice comfortable life. With the economy doing back-flips and the albatross of student loans that'll weigh you down for years to come, I can't blame someone to go for the sure thing. Also, math and sciences have been very kind to our country, it makes sense that we'd encourage people to follow that path. The author is vastly ignorant if he thinks that sciences do not encourage creativity. I haven't found anything that can inspire wonder or the thirst for exploration than from discovering something new. Creativity doesn't just come from flowery language or through oil paints, and discovering how the world works doesn't have to be solved with an equation.

Though what do I know? I'm just one those unquestioning followers that chose sciences over the humanities. Maybe this is just me seeing how the world could be fixed based on my experiences.

Capt

Postby INNIT » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:50 am

INNIT

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:11 pm

ramdomthought

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:12 pm

ramdomthought

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:12 pm

what is this thing

ramdomthought

Postby Capt » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:09 pm

Yep, I caught on fire while checking the fuel injectors on a project car. I think I'm done trying to do the work myself.

Capt

Postby mike868y » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

fucked up simple arithmitic

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby mike868y » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:22 pm

fucked up simple arithmetic and now my rent check is going to bounce if my landlord cashes it before this paypal transfer clears.

wtb: xs EG navy tropical wool andover, grey wool hartford jacket, wool glen check andover, brown cord andover, b2b in brown/navy twill plaid, sz8.5 yuteken peanut suede/crepe sole loafers, size 27/28 unis gio skinny
mike868y

Postby ramdomthought » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:42 pm

complained in irc about this

come home after a good day of studying, getting on a roll of productivity

roommates are FINALLY cleaning the mountain of dishes they had in the sink, good stuff

one pan was added to the pile apparently

the cast iron pan i've been seasoning for the last year

and a mound of soap went into it

why does everything i love have to die at the worst times

ramdomthought

Postby freddy » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:49 pm

Fighting constipation with one packet a a time.

freddy

Postby smiles » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:01 am

Someone who lived in San diego for 18 years thought I was british after talking to me. What.

this has happened numerous times. often from americans. I don't think i sound british.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby bels » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:49 am

Do you have one of those international school accents miles

bels
Yung Winona

Postby smiles » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:07 am

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby jrisk » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:39 pm

what good are sweatpants if they're not long enough to wear over your belly button

jrisk

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:50 pm

work is so slow rn
looking forward to my $5 tipout

harmsalmon

Postby harmsalmon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:27 am

update: got cut early and got an oreo mcflurry :sweg:

harmsalmon

Postby brlmski » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:28 am

in the process of removing all non value adds from my life. it's surprisingly hard.

brlmski

Postby meatjacket » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:24 pm

v sick today

so instead of reg school, im taking my online driving courses. almost half way done!

meatjacket

PreviousNext

Return to Care