[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: Here is ramdomthought!

Postby BobbyZamora » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:43 am

who here has been in a physical fight where serious danger was present? what happened? what were your thoughts during and afterwards?

was in one about 2 weeks ago, it was probably the first fight where I was actually in danger and not just having some sort of tussle with friends. A bunch of random guys started picking a fight with my friend and me and I told one of them to back off and one of them decided to throw the first punch while his buddy grabbed my arm to try and stop me from hitting back (though I did manage to punch him right in the nose). I ended up getting punched in the face about 6 or 7 times by both of them- once in the jaw in a really bad way that has effected my eating, I've had trouble chewing since and for the first week afterwards could only eat soup and could not open my mouth much at all. Was left with 2 black eyes as well as bruises on my cheek and forehead.

After I took all those hits to the face I went down to the ground and it turned in to a big brawl between my friends and this group of guys (About 6 of them) that we didn't really know, who showed up to the party uninvited (they were just brought along by some girl) and decided to start a fight because they think they are gangsters (one was a drug dealer, another was fresh out of jail, they have a history of doing this sort of thing). They ended up trashing the house, breaking the TV and Stove and stealing $600 cash from the house owner as well.

It didn't really occur to me until last week how big of an effect being able to properly eat food has on your psyche. I still have intense pain in my jaw whenever I chew or open my mouth (nasty grinding noise as well, when my mouth is closing) but I can at least eat solid foods now.

B)
BobbyZamora

Postby adiabatic » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:00 pm

I avoided going to the gym earlier because I was gassy and loud.

Now I don't want to go anymore :|

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:46 pm

yes, all violence is absolutely horrible. couple of weeks ago i was walking down a local street as it was getting dark. i'd been recovering from an operation and had just picked up my medication. a motor scooter with learner plates came towards me, veering all over the road; it passed very close to me - too close- and i said something aloud along the lines of 'fucks sake man' and kept walking, then decided to stop in at a bookstore (the guy who sometimes stays at kanye west's house in LA, if anyone remembers that anecdote).
as i was talking to this bookseller i suddenly saw his face register alarm. the scooter driver had followed me in, full helmet and overalls, and was bearing right down on me as i turned. i used to box a little at middleweight and have sparred with ranked amateurs, would generally think i could put up some kind of defense in this situation but the guy was huge, genuinely like a young mike tyson, it would've been pointless me even trying.strangely i felt no fear and didn't even register pain as he headbutted me in the face; i mustve instinctively ducked my head so took the impact on my forehead (very fortunate, my nose would've been shattered).
thankfully at this point the bookseller guy made an attempt to intervene- at least he came out from behind the counter and said 'hey dont do that' or something. i think this brought the attacker back to some kind of sense- he'd been boiling with pure rage- when he realised there was an 'active' witness, there might be cameras etc. he turned around and walked out.
at the time i was curiously detached, just carried on paying for my book. i remember noticing the bookseller's hand tremble as he handed me the receipt.
it's hard not to replay all the different scenarios: if he'd caught up with me on the street, in the dark, im sure he would've hurt me badly. it was very lucky that conor the bookseller had it in him to get involved, i dont think many people would have. if i'd gone into the coffee shop next door, no way the kids there would've said anything for example.
i think the whole detachment aspect is interesting too, and i've noticed it at other similar moments in my life: in those instants you are simply present to the situation, your whole being is focused and you don't have any extraneous sensory data or emotions. that all floods in afterwards.

Last edited by pirxthepilot on Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
pirxthepilot

Postby nevergreen » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:01 am

Just got home from getting my knee surgery earlier! It went well which I'm grateful for. Getting knocked out from the anesthesia was the best sleep I've had in years haha plus apparently I recovered super well since I was lucid as soon as I woke up. Now the real recovery process begins, thanks to the holes drilled blood is flowing over the knee and fibrocartilage will start to grow. I fuckin love modern medicine. Unfortunately I can't put any weight on my knee at all for 4 weeks. Gonna be a super boring winter break but it's be super worth it of course.

Pics inside my knee (they're not bad imo but if you're really squeamish heads up):

nevergreen

Postby fun_yunchables » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:03 am

does anyone genuinely like las vegas*? i just got back from a conference, and egh.

*when i say las vegas i refer to the specific hospitality industry there

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby freddy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:37 pm

Went to three different poker home games this past week with a lot of different Gs, small gs, and OGs. I forgot how fun it is to talk slang/Ebonics.

freddy

Postby Luud » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:51 am

Just saw one of my outfits posted to fa. Anything I can do about that?

Luud

Postby Spaceman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:36 am

I've started to keep a journal. Just a small notebook with whatever crosses my mind. Kind of feels good/cool. I hope I stick with it, I typically don't write for pleasure.

Let's get weird
Spaceman

Postby costanza » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:33 pm

If you look closely at water draining from a kitchen sink you can see the refraction disappear with the water. It's like the water is zoomed out. I just noticed it.

costanza

Postby radicalbusiness » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:46 pm

did karaoke for the first time ever last night at a classic spot called 'Bush Gardens' here in seattle with a group of friends. seriously SO FUN! realized the only songs I felt ok trying were all 90's R&B with female vocalists lol. ended up going with 'sweetest taboo' by Sade.

radicalbusiness

Postby rjbman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:50 pm

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby rublev » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:09 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby harmsalmon » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:25 am

happy Hanukkah care-tags!! :^)

harmsalmon

Postby adiabatic » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:24 am

Happy Hanukkah!

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby adiabatic » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:25 am

Mer‌ry Christ‌ma‌s!

adiabatic

Postby nevergreen » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:14 am

merry chrysler

nevergreen

Postby rjbman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:47 am

been itching to start a "pictures of authors" thread where you can only post if you have a picture of an author as your avatar

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:23 pm

furnace shit itself

damn it's cold

ramdomthought

Postby nevergreen » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:36 pm

george michael now carrie fisher what the hell who else is 2016 gonna take with it

Last edited by nevergreen on Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nevergreen

Postby ASTROCHIMP » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:25 pm

I'll stop wearing black when they invent a darker color.

Check out my shit tumblr.

Also consider checking out my music.

Follow me.
ASTROCHIMP

Postby BIGBEE » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:51 pm

Celebrities die every year 2016 is just the year everyone started caring.

BIGBEE

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:53 pm

got my furnace to work with minimal effort, took resetting the breaker twice and then it magically fixed itself

how soon until i am doomed to cold

ramdomthought

Postby popcorn » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:30 am

this username was supposed to be a curse, but i kinda enjoy it now that i've become a contemporary satire of a GBV/Pavement/Dinosaur Jr. fan.

can i be re-scorned

popcorn

Postby rublev » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:54 am

rublev
Political Editor

Postby pirxthepilot » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:33 am

little blogpost my friend wrote about george michael. i remember reading interviews with him around that time- really no public figure talked with such openness and lucidity about sexuality/gender stuff then

http://nosignalsound.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... eorge.html

pirxthepilot

Postby rublev » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:10 pm

rublev
Political Editor

Postby odradek » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:32 pm

odradek

Postby freddy » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:11 am

i wonder if i can get a copy of my mugshot.........for social media purposes :sweg:

freddy

Postby noodles » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:38 am

I just realized you can click the rep box to see the comments

noodles

Postby rublev » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:06 pm

john berger died :(

2017 strikes already!

rublev
Political Editor

PreviousNext