[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: Here is ramdomthought!

Postby alby » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:59 pm

it's that time of the year when my computer doesn't auto change my time so i'm living an hour behind and it takes a whole 6 months to fix (no i will not go into settings and change it that is absurd)

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby coolteen49 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:48 pm

i've been trying to quit/cutback on smoking cigs but it feels like my desire to do so is too mood-based for me to rlly follow through in a meaningful way. Anybody else have that trouble?

coolteen49

Postby mittens » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:49 pm

Last edited by mittens on Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
mittens

Postby Cowboy » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:00 pm

the dude is so funny on stylezeitgeist. He posts essays that end up being thousands of words of braggadocious nonsense.

Cowboy

Postby blanket » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:01 am

today the australia bureau of statistics announced the results of the same-sex postal survey. 61.6% of people voted yes to "Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?" In every australian state, a majority voted yes. for the past weeks i have been watching people dear to me suffer so much pain and stress and anguish because of this postal survey and the burning heat that surrounds it.

there was a big party in the street next to mine. all the restaurants opened their doors. bright lights were hung from store to store and colourful chalk covered the ground. everyone was so happy. not merely happy, but joyful.

there were old people and toddlers, uni students and young professionals, people of all ethnicities and professions and backgrounds. drag queens and office workers dancing together in the streets.

it feels like a great weight has been lifted off many shoulders, at least for a day. there will be more pain and stress to come. moreover, anyone who falls outside man-woman, man-man and woman-woman was left behind in this survey. but for now, there is a tangible lightness in the air.

I hope that the people who feel angry about the results of the vote will be able to see and listen to and taken in the joy and relief that the results of the vote has brought to the people around them.

blanket

Postby zevolution » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:39 pm

i'm busy in school but i have started looking forward to being able to go on this forum a lot when i graduate and have the time and want to make new friends

i went to a The Jesus and Mary Chain concert last night and had a very good time, enjoyed the performance w/ friends who I was glad to spend quality time with, and found myself shocked by how fond of them I am now

zevolution

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:33 am

Feminist Icon Dee Reynolds

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby meatjacket » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:34 am

meatjacket

Postby INNIT » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:24 pm

edit: nvm found a dope pair B)

INNIT

Postby WussWayne » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:02 am

It's getting increasingly hard to convince people I'm not a weaboo hipster

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
You coming on me like a player (WOOF!)
But your game's all wrong
You get your words all twisted
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby WussWayne » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:34 am

Yo gay marriage is finally legal :woop:

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby INNIT » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 pm

lol @ subway for trying to convince me that the green stuff they put on my sub was avocado. im a millennial, i know alllllll about avocado

INNIT

Postby WussWayne » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:15 am

Having a chat with someone new while high and realising your life is a depressing amalgamation of music forums and old lurked chats of some weird dude living in DC

Nightclub on a Friday
Get my Gucci on
F-f-f-firestarter
Yes, I'm in the zone
It's the same old song
WussWayne

Postby bels » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:31 am

Are you talking about @odradek?

bels
Yung Winona

Postby comix_corp » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:05 am

i've never seen a musician with a more diverse collection of merch than joe bonnamassa

https://shop.jbonamassa.com/

comix_corp

Postby rjbman » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:04 pm

crypto currency is fucking insane right now. i paid $9.99 for a steam game back in 2014 in BTC (dont even remember which game) and now that amount is worht about $350

snagged some decimal amounts of btc and some ether and its absurd watching it go up and up (UNTIL IT DOESNT!). wild ride, wild ride.

would explicitly forbid anyone who isn't totally chill with the money being thrown in the trash not get in on this, especially now. dont be one of those idiots whos thrown their entire life savings into a couple bitcoins (and then have it crash down to $100 a btc again).

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby Ques » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:04 am

loofah, exfoliating cloth, hands, or other?

Ques

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:51 pm

hello corporate world, trying to screw me out of a week's vacation

time to find a new job

ramdomthought

Postby nope » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:24 pm

Decided to work out how much all the bitcoin I spent on Silk Road in 2012 would be worth now. Turns out it's $1,655,765.77. Cool?

nope

Postby Ques » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:17 pm

Ques

Postby rjbman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:52 am

by Ted Chiang (sci-fi writer, including story arrival was based on)

rjbman

Postby rjbman » Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:02 pm

rjbman

Postby costanza » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:16 pm

One of my co-workers allegedly introduces himself as a meat designer at parties

costanza

Postby brlmski » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Have a nice new year!

brlmski

Postby rjbman » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:04 pm

what are people's thoughts on how best to settle into a new town? moving out to colorado for a new job. very excited! but sad to leave chicago (miss yall there already)

rjbman

Postby INNIT » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:06 pm

when your graduate department isn't unionized, so the university doesn't give a shit about paying you on time (or at all) for research/awards, and you routinely have to beg for the money you've earned...

Last edited by INNIT on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
INNIT

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:07 am

chip's been here a year to a few days ago!

he got a banana as a gift

ramdomthought

Postby odradek » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:19 pm

odradek

Postby fun_yunchables » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:30 pm

this is me complaining

there's this guy in my lab/office group
and all he talks about is girls and how many/how easy it is for him to hook up with girls
and he annoys me to no end how he objectifies women

i'm normally not aggressively confrontational so i've been slowly trying to get him to read and think more about glaring social issues
but he doesn't read at all, he just watches sports and tv instead
i don't want to be ~that~ patronizing person, but i also feel like this is a very critical, important subject to broach to people
do you think i should just let him live his life or should i keep trying

ps. and he doesnt eat vegetables.

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby bels » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:56 am

The only way to get through to people like him:

Start playing sports he watches and working out, become better than him at the sport.
Have honest, equal romantic relationships and make it clear you pity him for being unable to do so.
Eat vegetables like it's easy and you pity people who can't.

Then you have to wait for like 3-4 years. Eventually he'll start to see he's a fuck up.

ALT: just deck him bruh.

bels
Yung Winona

PreviousNext

Return to Care