[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom thoughts

Postby freddy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:43 pm

so yeah all my complaints about tiredness and being "stressed out" can be connected with the fact that my doc said I have vitamin-D deficiency (for all that brutal winter, insomnia and care-taging you know...) and am borderline anemic. (so it wasn't all food intolerance) i got loaded up on supplements and feel great as shit!

P.S. go get get checked out

freddy

Postby rjbman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:07 pm

Onomatopoeiae (yeah I had to look up spelling) are awesome

swish
buzz
whoosh
bang

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby Blastoise » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:05 am

I need to start doing something productive for this summer.

Blastoise

Postby Bryan » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:01 am

u tryna fite m8 whaddap

wya
Bryan

Postby popcorn » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:06 am

yeah

popcorn

Postby JonjoShelvey » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:39 am

where is ryce

JonjoShelvey

Postby Blastoise » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:44 am

My room smells like Christmas pine and snowflake with a slight hint of meadow and after rain.

Blastoise

Postby Vaeltaja » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:57 am

I had a really weird dream that involved some care-taggers.

Basically I found out there were aliens at the high school I was at for some reason. I was wearing a ToJ daypack (don't know why I remember this) and I was hanging out with Ryan_Firecrotch except he looked like a mix between Sensodyne and ThisIsTheodore. At some point we went inside this tunnel off to the side of the bleachers/stadium. There was a secret club called "Side" that wanted to figure out this alien stuff too. The only member of Side I could remember was Rosenrot. She could turn into Kim Jong Un but she was bad at acting since she kept wanting to share her French fries.

There were other people/things but I can't remember it, I also woke up before the dream concluded itself.

Wanna redneck? I'll do him an egg. NO SYMPY!
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Vaeltaja

Postby stappard_ » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:22 am

now entering day 10 of 'pretending i have work to do so nobody will notice i fell through the cracks of a reshuffle'

things i've learnt

- my perceived workrate has increased because i can go out of my way to help people
- my daily trip to sainsburys to buy a bunch of grapes is the highlight of my day
- people never question what's on your excel page as long as its an excel page

stappard_

Postby rublev » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:55 am

Is it safe to buy something using 3G etc? Like on my iPhone? The OL sale starts tomorrow and i won't have access to a computer... but i will have 3G or whatever on my phone, so i would be able to sneak away somewhere and access the site via that. Would it be just as safe as any other network?

I just tried it on my phone and when i go to the checkout and then 'pay' the address bar goes green and a 'safe' padlock appears. The payment is also done through the DIBS secure payment service.

Safe enough?

rublev
Political Editor

Postby bels » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:00 am

safe enough

bels
Yung Winona

Postby rublev » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:50 pm

bela i hope u ain't lying

rublev
Political Editor

Postby nick » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:02 pm

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby eskdc » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:15 pm

A couple female friends asked out loud why people loved the World Cup yesterday when the sport was so boring, so of course, a guy had to come in and had to defend why he watches the sport (Kershaw's NO-NO was also in progress, so they were harping on him for checking his phone every 30 seconds as well)

I love how some men try to defend their interest in certain sports as "well it MATTERS, because a lot of other people care ok?". Like, it's totally not ok to just like something somebody else doesn't like, people's lives have to depend on it.

So basically, after listening to the back and forth a little bit, I pipe up and say "well, I like watching the tactical chess match between sides". and the women were like "ok"

eskdc

Postby Blastoise » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:16 pm

Blastoise

Postby stappard_ » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:22 pm

Besides the fact that I find the idea of judging others (like your friend or many others) for not enjoying a pastime a bit dumb anyway, its not surprising that if you sit someone who's never watched a football/american football/golf/etc game and has no conception of what to be looking for, AND has no emotional attachment to the participants or the surrounding culture, they'll inevitably find it dull.

I suppose the real answer for the majority of people who watch sports is that a large part of their interest is in the soap opera side or the social side or some combination thereof.

Depending on your approach, the actual game (ie tactics) might be between 10% and 70% of why you enjoy watching it - the rest is in the storylines, be it redemption or disaster or booing the bad guys or whatever, and in the social aspects, whether thats in the form of the human desire to be part of a wider group, or in terrace/curva culture, and so on.

stappard_

Postby eskdc » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:27 pm

haha yeah, I don't think it was quite admonishing someone for not liking it, but defending one's own interests in liking it (yeah, the women kind of called him out). And my friend's mistake was trying to justify it by saying how many other people care about it, when he could have just been "well, it has engaging storylines" and "lots of tradition", and they'd still be like "ok".

eskdc

Postby ramdomthought » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:37 pm

nobody needs to give a defense of why they like something

they can

they don't have to

don't be an arse that's how you lose friends or get soured relationships

ramdomthought

Postby stappard_ » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:37 pm

haha yeah completely, my stuff wouldn't have gone any way of helping - best just to say its exciting and leave it be

stappard_

Postby nevergreen » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:41 pm

i got separators in my teeth yesterday and they hurt like a bitch today. i get braces in a week for like 2 years probably :/ :sad:

nevergreen

Postby Stingray Sam » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:58 pm

care-tags has so many self doxx threads. Next thing you know we'll be posting our SSN's and most commonly used passwords.

Stingray Sam

Postby JewTurk » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:25 pm

JewTurk

Postby Stingray Sam » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:54 pm

Zotero is amazing

Stingray Sam

Postby fun_yunchables » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:28 pm

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby freddy » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:28 pm

i've thought about this dilemma as well (share or not2share?), especially with you know my shenanigans, and I reckon well that's the sacrifice we all make if we want2be more than just "internet friends" (smiling)

freddy

Postby rjbman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:46 am

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby nevergreen » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:27 pm

nevergreen

Postby anonomous » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:46 pm

My friend took this picture in the local park. His caption was "The key to living long is living young, #onlyinpompey". Dat style, damn.. Grandpa looks fly AF. Grandma has socks with sandals :sweg: So cool.

anonomous

Postby oldtrailmix » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:57 pm

blurring the line between stylish old person and senile

oldtrailmix

Postby zayg » Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:17 pm

had to lecture mom on what "og" meant today

zayg

PreviousNext

Return to Care