[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: Here is ramdomthought!

Postby Ques » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:22 pm

just took the LSAT and was killing it until 3 hours in, very last section, very last part of that section, run into a six-problem set that i had no idea how to do and had a panic attack and had to guess for all 6 questions and ruined my chances of getting a good score

RIP

Ques

Postby posh_somme » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:37 pm

too often i am wondering "is it too late now to start writing a diary/to buy raw denim?" and with each passing day it becomes too later and too later and then i will die

posh_somme

Postby adiabatic » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:01 pm

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby alby » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:04 pm

it sucks that higher end film point and shoots are so expensive? leica besides - 400$ for a yashica t4 is insane. even tho its zeiss glass cmon

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby fun_yunchables » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:28 pm

if you don't wash rice before steaming it you're a heathen

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby Bonobonobo » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:44 pm

I eat rice pretty often along with normal meals but sometimes I just get a craving for just a plain bowl of good rice. You know?

Bonobonobo

Postby RycePooding » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:49 pm

w a raw egg in it mmmmmmm

RycePooding

Postby ramseames » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:23 pm

When you make a throwaway comment to the lady at the post office about how fast time is going and she tells you that today is her 50th birthday and just glares at you with an "I don't want to be here, I should have done something else with my life" look

ramseames

Postby costanza » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:39 am

Wondering why the 90's generation hasn't brought back MSN Messenger in the current wave of nostalgia around 90's things.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/X9qvR2ih8C0

costanza

Postby bels » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:35 pm

I looked into this for the ARG, technically nothing to stop you as the service prototcol is public. Just who can be arsed really.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:36 am

looking at emdom bags at 3:30am and laughing my ass off at this pic for some reason

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby plaidappendix » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:34 pm

wanna learn more about typefaces, anyone know where to start?

plaidappendix

Postby costanza » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:43 pm

Do you want to know a lot of font names and styles or learn the fundamentals behind typesetting? If the latter I can recommend these:

Now, truth be told I've only read the first few pages of 'Thinking With Type' by Ellen Lupton. And I believe that's the best one to start with. As for the other two I don't know if they're a solid recommendation. But Thinking With Type was recommended to me by a typographer during a lecture so I'm fairly certain that's a good book. You should probably research it a little to make sure it's what you want to learn about.

costanza

Postby Ques » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:39 pm

while munching on some edamame in a japanese-style café some dude walked up to me and asked me to model for the clothing line he works for, guess that means im an international model now???

Ques

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:24 am

Do we have a discord

JonjoShelvey

Postby JonjoShelvey » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:16 pm

Here is our discord (basically just a chat room with voice capabilities): https://discord.gg/A4XqM2F

When I get home I'll make sure everything is set up right and add more channels

EDIT: fixed invite link

JonjoShelvey

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:46 pm

ny is the kind of place where the best fit you'll see all day is on the guy trying to sell you xanax on the street

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby errantposture » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:11 pm

Haven't posted or even visited this site in a long time, it's nice to see that there's still a lot of people around, feeling some mild nostalgia

everything is getting better but everything could be a lot better
errantposture

Postby UnwashedMolasses » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:01 am

Anybody here had LASIK before? I just had a consultation appointment and will probably be scheduling the surgery soon. I'd love to hear people's experiences if they have them.

UnwashedMolasses

Postby Julio » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:57 am

even if things don't always go the way i'd like them to
i have been so happy this year

i hope you're all happy too

Julio

Postby freddy » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:01 am

I want to run a anti-Semite support hotline

freddy

Postby adiabatic » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Mel Brooks could make a really funny movie about that.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby ramseames » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:44 am

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/ma ... 0&referer=

This is the best thing I've read since I don't even know

Fuk cards against

ramseames

Postby ramseames » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:33 am

Cheerup read the damn article

Card game that exists as a symptom of gross parts of our culture

ramseames

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:51 am

i read it twice before posting that rep comment

humor is inherently derived from transgression, plain and simple. humor also affects people at a level that's deeper than where we determine high-minded notions of right and wrong. i don't overthink why i like louis ck - his standup just makes me laugh, even if he does say some rude shit (there's also plenty of people who make jokes about offensive things that aren't funny, and when offensive jokes aren't funny the only intent is to offend). people who think comedy should always be well-intentioned have extremely limited options, and comedians who only want to enact positive social change get unfunny really fast and just end up becoming activists.

i can at least respect CAH for pulling their "date rape" card from the deck, they're at least self-aware about not punching down too egregiously

but in the final analysis you're getting mad at a card game for perpetuating problematic shit? like a card game is what's keeping racism alive? getting mad at a party game for perpetuating unhealthy shit is like getting mad at 21 savage for perpetuating gang violence, they didn't start the fire dude

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby tomsfood » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:34 pm

"pick your battles" AKA "why worry about this when there are worse things in the world" AKA remaining complicit with shitty, casual racism/misogyny/etc enabling trash AKA willful ignorance

it is NOT a hard ask to play other games, i'm sure there are more than a few that don't encourage shitty behavior.

also, just because something didn't start racism doesn't mean it's not actively perpetuating it and isn't still bad. and YES, this card game is helping keep racism alive, 100 percent. the game makes it okay (encouraged!) to be casually racist

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby thephfactor » Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:44 pm

thephfactor

Postby jrisk » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:06 pm

jrisk

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:42 pm

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby mc-lunar » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:38 pm

maybe if someone wants to write about how a board game draws its humor from racism, that's their prerogative? they probably didn't say "okay used up all my Activism Hours for today" either

mc-lunar

PreviousNext

Return to Care