[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - Here is ramdomthought!

Here is ramdomthought!

Off topic

Re: ramdom thoughts

Postby greggy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:01 pm

nexus 5 is £300/340 and then you can get whatever contract you want

or you can consider it as 50% payment for the phone you get and 50% for calls because the phone isn't really "free"

greggy

Postby Dobwin » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:14 pm

Dobwin

Postby sensodyne » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:02 pm

Generally, the carriers will subsidize a portion or all of the phone under the circumstances that you use their service for X amount of yrs.

Non contract phones basically means you own the device and are receiving a slightly cheaper monthly rate and are on month2month.

Or prepaid.

Being a phone salesman kinda gets to me especially when the carriers/retail outlet/etc try and force you to sell their shitty-shit warranty on top of the 85$ a month their already paying.

sensodyne

Postby alby » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:11 am

writing scholarship essays with the prompt of "where do you see yourself in 5 years" is incredibly scary and I have no idea.

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby

Postby smiles » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:23 am

7c and raining in hk today. What is this bullshit.

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby kyung » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:30 pm

snickers are infinitely better as miniatures than as full size bars

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby ramdomthought » Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:10 pm

absolutely.

reeses minis suck, the full size are good, the 1lb things are awful, and pieces are the best

ramdomthought

Postby bueno » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:33 pm

Thought i wouldn't mind the Edinburgh weather when moving here because i used to always quite like winter but honestly it's tiring and a bit depressing how cold and grey it is all the fucking time here. :-|

bueno

Postby hooplah » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:51 pm

my cat ran away over the weekend

i was at my boyfriend's place friday and saturday night, and usually he's fine but my apartment has been having plumbing problems and the plumber said i had to leave the shower window open to let the bathroom air out and while i was gone my cat somehow jumped in the air, punched out the screen, and ran away

i blame myself, i don't spend enough time with him anymore. plus, my old apartment was super nice and by the water and my cat could sit out on the balcony all day and smell fresh air. my new apartment is straight up in the middle of LA and there is no balcony so i can't do anything but hold him and stand on the porch every once in a while while he looks around like newly-freed movie hostages squinting in the unfamiliar outdoors

anyway i freaked the fuck out and started crying. i ran all around my apartment complex calling his name, and finally i heard him meowing behind a fence--the fence between my apartment building and the scariest, most decrepit, most assuredly haunted house you will ever see in your life. my apartment manager (who very kindly helped me through the ordeal) and i went over to the house and started screaming "HELLO? IS ANYONE HOME?" to no avail, because apparently an extremely old lady (mean spirited by all accounts) lives in there and never comes outside. her driveway is gated and master locked so you can't even get to her door. seriously guys her house looks like the witch's house in big fish

my apartment manager (left) and me at the neighbor's house

i try to jump the fence but the chain link is cut sharply on the top and i destroy my jacket and almost cut my leg. i spend half an hour lying on the ground next to my cat trying to keep an eye on him, but he wanders off again and stops responding to my calls. i google runaway cats and find out they're more likely to come out and respond to calls at night, so i retire to my apartment for a while, where i watch an episode of parks and rec while crying and eat a maple donut (very delicious).

finally my SO comes over (he was busy), and like a valiant champion of all things good and holy in this earth, jumps over the fence, grabs my cat, hands him over to me, and then jumps back over the fence with only the help of a tree stump. je vois la vie en rose. i thank him repeatedly to the point of annoyance.

my cat feels dirty as fuck so i give him a bath, which is always an ordeal. then i wrap him up and kiss his stupid head and tell him i love him. and then i give him enough treats to sedate a feral mountain lion into a dreamlike state of submission.

BRRM brrm brm brm brm BRRM brrm safe and sound

the end

hooplah

Postby fun_yunchables » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 pm

been having a really shitty week so far and everything I need to do is just piling up.

I need to finish an assignment by tomorrow but it's a ton of messy, tedious algebra and shit so I'm just sitting here staring at it hoping it will finish itself. Advisor is also breathing down my neck to get a publication out.

that being said, I caught my advisor browsing uniqlo a while back. dude was checking out the frankenflannels

edit: ok, monday was alright since I met up with kill-9 and averagefruit and another dude (sorry alvin I don't remember your username). but i still didn't get shit done on that day.

coolest lame guy u'll ever meet
fun_yunchables

Postby radicalbusiness » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:28 am

haha a few of my friends who are very lukewarm about fashion recently got blogged, and during fashion week no less.

blog in question

radicalbusiness

Postby hooplah » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:33 am

I just met pharrell

I think my heart exploded

edit: he was wearing stan smiths

hooplah

Postby verilyvert » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:02 am

WAYWT thread -> fertile repping grounds
WAYLT thread -> rep wasteland (cue )

verilyvert

Postby nick » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:05 am

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby eufemism » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:49 pm

you ever have those types of dreams where something cool goes down, but when you wake up you realize it will never happen? those are simultaneously the best and worst dreams.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby cormac » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:15 pm

My area hasn't had this much snow in like 5 years!

cormac

Postby lostie » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:58 pm

hey hey i've been slowly working my way through WAYLT and repping songs i like and whatnot.

SO JUST SO Y'ALL KNOW I APPRECIATE YOUR MUSIC RECS.

lostie

Postby bueno » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:29 am

a guy who was one of my best friends in primary school has a kid now, really weird to think about. 19 years old, can't even begin to think about myself in a situation like that.

bueno

Postby starfox64 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:09 am

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby ramseames » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:19 am

Lego is the tits, especially the architecture series. Right now I have these 3 in my room:

Want to cop that one too when I get home

ramseames

Postby starfox64 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:24 am

I just ordered this:

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby Stingray Sam » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:28 am

more people should contribute to the writer's thread

Stingray Sam

Postby bueno » Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:16 pm

i'm really terrible at coming up with fancy dress ideas.

bueno

Postby tomsfood » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:40 pm

friendly gas station employees make my day :^]

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby ramdomthought » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:01 pm

i'm leaving the country on thursday! woo

ramdomthought

Postby wiggly--woo » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:12 pm

wiggly--woo

Postby deadkitty » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:36 pm

where are you going?

deadkitty

Postby verilyvert » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:57 pm

Drunk brainstorming fancy dress ideas for all of you. Here goes.

Stuff we've done before:
eagle/chicken/some kind of foul - orange leggings, 5L pva glue and feathers
Spartans
Mario Kart
bondage tiger with a friend as tiger tamer
narwhal (horn must be greater or equal to your hight)
joan didion - just need the haircut and ball and chain to swing around on
Nintendo® Pocket Monsters™
disney everything (villains and princesses especially good)
if you go as anything tribal, learn the haka and bust it out all night
matrix
group jamaican bobsled team - bobsled necessary
alice in wonderland (mad hatter is pretty easy)
london tube stops - black friar requires black face and saucepan full of eggs

Stuff we want to do:
leprechauns
scooby doo group costume
black dynamite
shibari inspired anything (could conceivably be combined with any of the above)

Hope that helps (smiling)

verilyvert

Postby eufemism » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:07 am

trying to buy a gift for my brother. recc me some of your favorite cartoons. atm i'm thinking about buying him the first season of teen titans.

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby pips » Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:54 am

Yesterday morning my sister flew in from Singapore to have her back checked, which she injured when she was while setting up stuff in her new flat. The cost of the plane ticket was way way less than the cost of booking a doctor's appointment in a public hospital, and that's just basic consultation without all the X-rays and other tests needed. She's flying out tonight. Healthcare costs at other countries terrify me at how high they are and a reminder to be grateful for insurance paid by my employer.

pips

PreviousNext

Return to Care