[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - care meets

care meets

Off topic

Re: care meets

Postby starfox64 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:24 am

theres a pizza place near upenn that i used to go to that was solid. that's something.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby tomsfood » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:53 am

and I (and another fashionable friend or two) will be in chicago next wednesday for shopping, eating food, and sightseeing if anyone would like to meet up/hang out/walk around for a bit we'd love it!

Or if anyone has any suggestions for sights to see, eateries to eat at, or shops to shop at those would be welcome too.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby starfox64 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:06 am

You're only going to be there for a day?

RSVP gallery and St Alfred are probably the best shops if you're into super fashiony internet stuff. There's also Barney's and a bunch of boutiques on Oak Street (a little bit past Michigan Ave).

I think Lou Malnati's and Giordano's have the best deep dish, though other people like Gino's East.

Millennium Park is obviously a huge attraction, all of the museums are great (Field Museum, Art Institute, Museum of Science and Industry). Art Institute is probably the best bet if you're into art, as it's pretty way easier to get to than the other ones.

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby tomsfood » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:18 am

Yeah we're just taking the train down from wisconsin it's not much of an ordeal, although it is 's first time to chicago. I don't know that we'll have enough time to warrant the price of a ticket or to fully enjoy one of the larger museums which really are fantastic, I've never been to the art institute though. Do you know if the museum of contemporary art is any good? That looks a bit friendlier on the wallet. I would imagine we'll spend some time in millenium park and walking around michigan ave/oak street, and of course we have to get deep dish, good call. thanks.

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby starfox64 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:33 am

I've never been to the MoCA, but I think it's pretty good.

Skip the Giordano's on Superior if you get pizza. There's always like an hour long wait because it's in such a touristy area.

starfox64

Postby kyung » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:45 pm

ate ramen and takoyaki with yesterday and watched the wind rises. the film was excellent and i had a great time :o)

i only took like two pictures though

KIMCHI SLAP

_( :⁍ 」 )_
kyung

Postby Cryptic » Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:50 pm

I had dinner with hrmwat today. We talked about fashion and a lot about how photography plays a major role in modern fit posting and fit pics to the various forums. He was dressed really well too. Heh.

everyone is different
Cryptic

Postby starfox64 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:43 pm

starfox64

Postby Cryptic » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:10 am

everyone is different
Cryptic

Postby FeministFatal » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:20 am

Hey! So I have a day to wander around New York alone tomorrow. I know @cameron and tech are here but if you guys or anyone else wants to meet up with me that would be sweet. (smiling) I am staying in Brooklyn but I will be all over the place.

FeministFatal

Postby Blastoise » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:34 am

Blastoise

Postby hmwut » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:59 am

care-tags summer NYC meetup. sometime. somewhere. be there.

before ct was in existence a bunch of us came from all over the east coast (and new zealand) and chilled in nyc for few days at another internet friend's place. it was mad fun and we'd like to do it again

so. i'd like to:

1. figure out if this can actually happen
2. figure out who can come
3. figure out when during summer is best (we did july 20ish last year and it worked well)
4. figure out where to come

last year it was around 8-11 people i think, and that was without the foundation of care-tags. it would be really cool to get alot of people to come to this, but if it ends up being a few people it would be no problem.

so, first orders of business:

1. is anyone willing/able to to host/have people over? it's not necessary for the meetup, but it would be cool to have somewhere to chill/sleep over/party (if allowed!!) last time we paid the dude per day to sleep over, but it's up to the discretion of the host/hostess to decide what course of action they'd like to take, as well as setting any rules/restrictions. your home, your way.

if there is no host available we can just do a one-day thing (or several if people get hostel/hotel or whatever, i live in new jersey so i'd totally be up to take the train to nyc for a few days). but if you can and would like to host, please do! last time was such a great experience, and i'd really love to expand on it.

2. who is coming? last year we had a google doc of who was coming, when and for how long, what they were bringing, etc. etc. here i'll go make one now just for this.

ok here it is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 5Q2c#gid=0 feel free to add any categories n shit

no need to feel obligated to commit by putting in info, for now this will work as a tentative outline of who we can expect and you can drop out at any time. at this early of a stage only your name(or ct handle whatever) is necessary, really. we can sketch in the other details as time goes on. google doc might not even be necessary, depending on the # of people!

3. when is best? as i said before, late july worked well for everyone involved before, but this is a separate case. on the doc i made a space for putting in what time is best for you to come. once we get a good sense of when people are available, we can go from there.

so there you have it. the more the merrier, but i guarantee no matter the amount of people we'll have a good time. last time several blackouts occurred, let me smoke a few of his cigarettes and afterwards felt really guilty, and we saw nick wooster, patrik ervell and rick owens on the street. so if you want to get in on that kind of action, come!!

hmwut

Postby thatbiglake » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:13 am

nn

Last edited by thatbiglake on Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
thatbiglake

Postby sknss » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:50 pm

Londoners let's have fun on april 5th

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby iamacyborg » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:02 pm

I'm down for a few beers, and a trip to this shop.

iamacyborg

Postby odradek » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:50 pm

odradek

Postby insted » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:53 pm

are there any care taggers around austin texas?

insted

Postby nevergreen » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:01 pm

who lives in so cal?

nevergreen

Postby jrisk » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:02 pm

who is in massachusetts??

jrisk

Postby sknss » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:56 pm

Alright so 11am at Hyde Park Corner station. Practice your throw ins

sknss

Postby maj » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:01 pm

morning kick off? i haven't been up for one of those since i was 15

maj

Postby iamacyborg » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:04 pm

11am? Football? Wut?

iamacyborg

Postby sknss » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Any late comers will be on the bench. And don't forget your picnic

sknss

Postby maj » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:09 pm

my mums baking cup cakes in preparation, may get some orange segments too for half time

maj

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:11 pm

That sounds lovely but I wont be around until at least 7 I'm afraid. I'll bring my own bench.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby ramseames » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:55 pm

maj is overnighting himself FCRB kit

ramseames

Postby wiggly--woo » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:02 pm

or gtfo

wiggly--woo

Postby zayg » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:41 am

i bet no one else is in rhode island

zayg

Postby maj » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:14 pm

for all participants of the first care tags friendly tomorrow, my mum made cakes

maj

Postby iamacyborg » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:39 pm

What actually is the plan tomo?

iamacyborg

PreviousNext

Return to Care