[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - care meets

care meets

Off topic

Re: care meets

Postby SisterRayVU » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:28 am

If any of you Midwesterners make it up to Chicago, absolutely love to hang and grab a cup of coffee / beer / pancakes by RSVP.

SisterRayVU

Postby yourdad » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:02 pm

met up with ramseames, mark, verilyvert, gnarph over the weekend for drinks. good times all around. if any other people are in vancouver, come grab a drink with us

yourdad

Postby verilyvert » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:50 am

So all the meetups I've gone to everybody has laughed and drank a lot, which I wouldn't change (smiling) But, I would like to have a more fashion focused meetup in the future where we get special access to a designer, store, label, or whatever. Currently in talks with one local brand who would like to do an event this summer for us. They were asking me for ideas for such an event, so I thought I'd crowdsource some suggestions here.

So care-tags, what are your ideas?

verilyvert

Postby kewks » Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:52 am

i wanna laugh and drink a loooooooot agaiiiiiiinnnnnnnnn

kewks

Postby hamburgerlady » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:03 am

hamburgerlady

Postby rjbman » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:36 pm

gerogerigegege I'd be down come summertime; I've got an internship there.

edit: how do you remember your username?

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby SisterRayVU » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:57 pm

Isn't a noise group?

And I'll hit your PM in a few. Where on State? I'm downtown in Streeterville so I guess not that far.

SisterRayVU

Postby maj » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:25 pm

LONDON CARE TAGS MEET UP 2014!

discussing the idea in irc to get the ball rolling, bela, bobbin and heck have agreed the 22nd of febuary is a great date so i hope everyone within travelling distance of London comes down to put names to faces, it's a Saturday so no school or work! bobbin proposed the idea of having a few things to do than than clothes for an action filled day of bonding, friendship and banter so suggestions on what to do are welcome. i know you wanted to stray away from london germ but lets be honest i don't think you want to come to bracknell.

should be fun guys.

maj

Postby germinal » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:45 pm

Earlier all i meant was that whilst London is great and all, there are a thousand cool places to go in Britain i've never visited and i'm happy to travel to them. i'm equally happy to let everyone come to me though lol. i am free that day, was thinking of going to see Jon Hopkins that evening but not hugely bothered. i'm a boor and a bore so i'm not sure what else good there is to do tho

germinal
Garminlad

Postby maj » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:15 am

common consensus for the london meet is there ti be minimal window shopping/shop walking in general to which i strongly support. would like to get it set up well in advance so there is no last minute rush and everyone is happy with the itinerary.

> bare museums in London, design, history and science are all crazy good and ideal place for those fit pics to show you're a cultured individual and have many books on your $4000 bookshelf.

> arcades and bowling as getting all dressed up in dior homme to play dance dance nation is fulfilling the designers vision.

> laser tag is fun for all, nothing like wearing your finest gothninja clothes and jumping round like neo.

> lunch/coffees ect, going to get hungry at some point so it's good to have a place to eat while everyone silently worries about spilling cafe nero all over their jawns.

> standing looking angsty in the street with unlit cigarettes waiting for a a d-list blogger to ask to snap a pic of our sik model crew

other suggestions are welcome.

posting here so lurkers/ late comers can see and hopefully join in, more the merrier ect.

maj

Postby Syeknom » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:22 am

Syeknom

Postby chilljin » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:22 am

even though i am against paying ridic prices for the train i might be able to get my free railcard if i stop being lazy which will make it affordable. i am baked and im getting excited from imagining this meet so i think im gonna come

chilljin

Postby germinal » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:47 pm

As you may have guessed i met up with bela yesterday; a great time was had. i also saw him perform his poetry which was excellent. i'd never been to a poetry night before but it blew me away. i bought a copy of his book which i read this morning - this guy is one hell of a writer.

germinal
Garminlad

Postby bels » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:21 am

All you need to know about Germ is that he's nine feet tall and I've stolen his jacket.

Also that he works well in a team and well on his own.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:50 am

Also he told me about his Vine account and it sounds pretty good.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby bels » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:49 am

I've not seen the Vine account he just told me about it verbally.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby germinal » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:35 am

this one was conceived on the way home

germinal
Garminlad

Postby parastexis » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:16 pm

just moved to dc, who's around? also dc fashion week is coming up (lol), might be something to do

parastexis

Postby sunblam » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:14 pm

^ similarly, just moved to New York. Does anyone want to have another meetup? I have no friends and no bubble tea.

Hello hello
I love you I love you
(maybe)
sunblam

Postby inherently » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:16 pm

I'm down for an nyc meetup if it's on a weekend.

alsp a lot of njers on here too, anyone wanna go for all you can eat sushi?

inherently

Postby Bobbin.Threadbare » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:45 am

KT and I are going to try and arrange one part of the LDN meet. We have 3 ideas.

Bobbin.Threadbare

Postby YoungCanoeist » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:51 pm

michigan meetup?

YoungCanoeist

Postby parastexis » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:51 pm

didn't know about Crystal Couture, was thinking about http://www.dcfashionweek.org/ . Also no reason not to come hang out just cause you're in high school, fashion's about inclusion which I think sometimes gets lost through internet culture (smiling)

parastexis

Postby ramdomthought » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:02 am

too late had it saturday

Something in EL could be fun, seems the most "centrally located"

I'm out of town until 3/8 though

ramdomthought

Postby eufemism » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:10 am

@YoungCanoeist I'm down for a meetup. What city are you in?

show me the hoe fax
eufemism

Postby katy katazome » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:43 pm

After reading all of the above, maybe our ideas are too fashion-centric ..

We were thinking we could visit a couple of studios (S E H Kelly/London Cloth Company) ...but maybe its just me & Bobbin who'd like to do that...? Also LNCC... But if you guys want to do non-fashion stuff we'll go back to the drawing board.

katy katazome

Postby katy katazome » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:44 pm

........PUB?!

katy katazome

Postby verilyvert » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:24 pm

Flying Saturday to go spend a week in Edmonton. If there are any care-taggers there who'd be interested in meeting up, let me know!

verilyvert

Postby sknss » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Paris meet up March 1st
join us

sknss
2015 Summer Camp Participant

Postby alby » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:21 pm

wisconsin or chicago meet up when it gets a little warmer would be cool

i'd walk a mile for a camel
alby