[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Off topic

Re: a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Postby FeministFatal » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:47 am

Hello! I'm 17, and my friend constantly links me to this forum. Unfortunately, I never actually clicked on them until today, when I immediately realized I was making a serious mistake and I need to join this site.
I don't claim to have a qualified opinion on fashion, but I've been crushing on it since I started designing Barbie dresses and taught my self how to sew in the 8th grade. Fashion for me is really the only way for me to be artistic (not much talented elsewhere) and to choose who I want to be.
I am excited to learn more and especially to see the individual style posts.
Right now I'm trying to hone my take on grunge to be a bit less garish and a bit more cool. (help needed)
Happy Holidays (smiling)

FeministFatal

Postby bels » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:57 am

Always really happy to see people joining via personal referral so hello and welcome spiceddreams and feministfatal!

bels
Yung Winona

Postby Syeknom » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:19 am

Most of us don't have a qualified opinion on fashion, we're just over-enthusiastic amateurs! Welcome all new friends

Syeknom

Postby FeministFatal » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:25 am

thanks guys! I've already devoured some of the WAYWT stuff and both of your styles are a bit intimidating and involved its really interesting (smiling)

FeministFatal

Postby exprof » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:36 pm

i've been lurking here all semester when insomnia strikes but i'll start posting now. ^_^ some of you know me from ffa.

edit: haha, "female fashion advice" autocorrects to "my dad"?

Last edited by exprof on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
exprof

Postby Syeknom » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:47 pm

The people need to know who your dad is!

(Also welcome)

Syeknom

Postby charybdis » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:55 pm

my mother is a kenzo fish sweater
charybdis

Postby can- » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:25 pm

who is the father tho ?

can-

Postby exprof » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:42 pm

proud papa to us all!

exprof

Postby atom » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:36 am

Hi
Care:
Tags:

atom

Postby prawnzee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:59 am

partially introduced myself elsewhere, but I might as well post here too

so, hello! my name is J-P, I'm a 26 year old computer science student from Finland. known elsewhere as Pronssi/bronze/prawns and possibly some other variations. I got interested in fashion stuffs a bit more than 1,5 years ago when I found a certain irc channel. I think my mum gave birth to it when she was younger. been hanging there ever since. I'm also semi-active on some other forums, I mainly post waywt pics but if I feel like I have something to contribute I'll happily do that. what drew me here was the tight-knit community, friendly atmosphere and some of my favorite familiar faces. I also like the fact, that we have a lot of people here whose knowledge I've come to appreciate

I don't really have a solid idea how I want to dress like, but currently I like mmm, our legacy and needles for example. my taste is pretty erratic and it's kind of fun that I like many things, although it might be even more fun to find a certain aesthetic to follow. idk. sometimes I hear that I look like a lady, and I'm growing out my hair to achieve just that

I watched love actually yesterday, so I'm feeling a bit romantic

prawnzee

Postby inherently » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:34 am

heya!

m/20/nj

i'm majoring in math and i play frisbee.

i spend too much time on reddit and i haven't been on a forum in a long time. i hope to get to know everyone better, while learning more about cool clothes!

inherently

Postby Ques » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:01 pm

I've been browsing for a week perhaps, so I should introduce myself.

I'm Male, 19 in 11 days, and for the most part live in Portland, where I go to college. I'm studying Chinese and French.

I was never active on MFA because I didn't care for reddit, but loving forums much more as I do I can see myself contributing much more here.

Ques

Postby lostie » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Helloworld!
i'm lostie aka lostafarian on reddit, though i was MIA from reddit/irc this semester because school was a bit overwhelming. I'm really excited to join this community; y'all are fantastic and supa friendly.

I hope everyone is having a great Christmas! I just watched Elf for the first time and I've got all the warm fuzzy feelings (smiling)

lostie

Postby bels » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:33 am

FeministFatal and inherently you need to get iconz.

Exprof your icon has the perfect trouser length and it's driving me crazy.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby danaleldey » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:17 pm

hi all!!
my name is alan and i go by danaleldey(im unoriginal and i love lana del rey). im from olympia washington and currently 19 yrsold!
found this place when i was listening to teck's caretag podcast thing and just browsed through the waywt thread and everyone seems really nice! definitely nice to be on another fashion forum

danaleldey

Postby wax » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:25 am

Hi all!
this place seems alright. plenty of familiar faces at least.

m/21/Brisbane, but I'm about to do an exchange to Richmond, VA, so that's where I'll be from next week or so. exciting.
um I've got a few names elsewhere - altwax on mf, Fuck Australia on the (now rare) occasions I go to fa, and if you cast your mind way back to like four months ago I posted as newbeeswax for a bit. haven't been posting much lately cause I'm pretty busy. will probably post a bit more once I get to RVA.

PS. I have an 18 hour stopover in LA on the 8th, let me know if you have any suggestions for stuff to do. I've done the touristy stuff before, so my plan was to check out The Grove/ La Brea Avenue

wax

Postby Cryptic » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:31 am

18 / Male / New Jersey

Been lurking for months and following the progression of this place, and I think it turned out pretty good.
Hi.

everyone is different
Cryptic

Postby chilljin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:39 pm

im chilljin and this website has finally sent me activation link

i am 18 and born in liverpool but i go to uni of leicester atm.

i work night shifts when im at home so im awake american hours most of the time

chilljin

Postby AmericanPie » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:09 am

Hello,

I'm ThaiToast. 20 years old, in San Francisco. Interested in art, photography, music, games (board and video), and more recently in fashion. I'm a little more active elsewhere, but I've lurked this site a little bit, and I've really liked what I've seen from the community here. I do work with event and childrens' photography, and spend time over thinking just about everything. I don't really know what else to say in introducing myself.

AmericanPie

Postby rublev » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:58 pm

Hello everyone !!!!!

I don't know anyone here.

I use a few other forums but i don't post often. I don't remember how i found my way here...

I like people watching, touching things, ceramics, sleeping for longs periods, Hal Hartley films...the colour green. The honking sound geese make when they arrive for the winter!

I'm typing this early on new years day.

Okay!

Last edited by rublev on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
rublev
Political Editor

Postby Syeknom » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:12 pm

Hello rublev (and everyone else too!). Really happy to see new faces from outside of the usual groups. Love your designer interests - lot of lesser known names on there! Highly encourage you to school us at some point and show us what these guys are about. We're as interested in women's fashion as mens here and several of us are into the odd proportions, idiosyncratic textures, etc. Big Yohji and Schneider fan myself! (smiling)

If you've not seen it already be sure to check out our rosenrot's - it's out of this world and I think you'd get a good kick out of it.

Happy new year! I'm in the UK right now too.

Syeknom

Postby nucktux » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:22 am

Hey all! I'm a student from the UK, studying in the US but taking a year off right now. Can't usefully give you a location as such, because I'm travelling the whole year, but I'm in Cape Town at the moment. I study philosophy, particularly the philosophy of art and literature (I've done a lot of analytic stuff but am now involved in postmodern theory - particularly into Baudrillard). Also like psychology, particularly into positive psych (Adler, Maslow, in some respects arguably Beck) and the study of personality/personality disorders. I'm not totally sure why I've gotten into fashion, but it feels pretty great to look down and be proud of what I'm wearing. I dressed heritagey for a while because that was quite cool in Chicago when I lived there, but I don't really do much of that any more (it wasn't really straight up heritage, there were a lot of spaghetti western elements that I felt like one couldn't pull off if one was actually American but that I pretty much got away with). Otherwise, I like photography, craft beer, literature, backpacking, motorbikes, and spending winter in the southern hemisphere.

I don't feel like I really know enough of the history and fashion-specific theory behind designers to really talk about my 'favourites', but of the names I know I really like MMM, Ann D, Kris van Assche, and the lads from Engineered Garments. While I appreciate Raf I can't see myself wearing anything of his except for suiting which I don't need now and won't for years. Same with something like Thom Browne or Heidi's suits, I've got time of day for interesting suiting but I can't wear it and wouldn't want to be able to. Big adidas fan, so I love my GATs and am considering a bit of Y-3 although I come to Adidas more from the fooball casual connection than the modern side. I dress quite slim and clean at the moment, although I'm looking to go a bit slouchier (and ideally to get a frame more suited to carrying that off). Always down to learn more, hear more names and see more clothes; I think the positive atmosphere of this forum's really great in comparison to the other online fashion communities I've encountered.

nucktux

Postby can- » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:15 pm

rublev, are you named after the painter?

can-

Postby rublev » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:03 pm

The painter and the film, yes!

rublev
Political Editor

Postby can- » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:13 pm

ah man- Russian art and iconography is the best. I got to see his trinity at (iirc) the Tretyakov in Moscow. words simply can't describe

can-

Postby bueno » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi, I'm 19 and am studying in Scotland (started uni september '13). French/Irish blood. Lived in France for most of my life but English is my first language. I like music, clothes, travelling, seafood, drinking, movies, money, and photography, which (photography) is originally what got me interested in fashion. Use and browse some other forums. Knew about this place for a few weeks but for some reason didn't make an account. It seems nice. Username is bueno because i really like kinder bueno chocolate bars. Don't know what I want in life yet but am trying my best.
Thanks.

bueno

Postby tttigre » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:58 pm

hello! I'm tttigre, you may know me as tttigre.

I'm 20 years old and a university student in the northeast US, I just finished up a semester abroad in Kyoto, Japan. my main hobby is clothing but my main interest is filmmaking, I'm currently in school studying it and maybe someday I'll be able to reconcile those two things. happy to join the forum here, I've been lurking for some time but I only just joined up now for some reason.

best!

若者文化
tttigre

Postby edward » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:28 pm

Hey everbody!

My name is Edward; I go by the equally uncreative "eefath" on a couple other sites. I'm 19 years old and I study art (most likely I'll focus on photography or graphic design) at a community college in Massachusetts. I've been interested in clothes for a long time, but only in the fall of 2012 did I begin to gain any real knowledge. This place seems rad, and I hope to be a better and more frequent contributor here than I have been elsewhere.

(smiling)

I know everything about film. I've seen over 240 of them.
edward

Postby drosselmeyer77 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Might as well do one of these.

Longtime infrequent poster on /r/mfa and /r/mf, people kept talking about this place on /r/mf and so I decided to come check it out for myself. Everyone seems nice and friendly, traffic isn't too high so it seems like a good place to chat with like-minded people.

Early 30s dude currently working in Hong Kong. My first fashion forum was AAAC and my favorite fragrance house is Penhaligon's, so that gives you a pretty strong idea of what my style is.

Happy to be chatting with you all.

drosselmeyer77

PreviousNext

Return to Care