[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Off topic

Re: a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Postby nem » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Hello my name is Sam, I am an unemployed, 16 year old, college boy from England. I've known about here for some time now but I've finally decided to join because you're all cooler than my real friends.

My hobbies include looking at clothes i'll never be able to afford, and smelling strongly of grilled aubergine so i assume i'll fit right in. (smiling) (that last one may or may not be a lie)

nem

Postby gary_oak » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:06 pm

Hi everyone, you can call me gary_oak, or ben. But I think I’m here for slightly different reasons than the rest of you. What I’m looking for is answers. I need to find out if this is a joke by one of you guys, or if I am indeed going crazy.

About a week ago, I was lying in bed around 3:00am. For some reason, I just couldn't fall asleep. Rather than trying to fight it, I decided to go for a little walk. My town has this little 24 hour library that I’ve always liked. It’s only about a 13 minute walk from my house, so I decided to stop in. I gave a polite nod to the sleepy eyed librarian, and headed toward one of the back shelves. Though they do keep a stock of modern books, what they’re really known for is their collection of old foreign novels. Apart from the occasional out-of-town collector that buys a book or two, they usually stay on the shelf gathering dust. That night I was drawn to one book in particular. It was a fairly thin, hand bound journal, filled with worn, yellowed pages. Flipping through, I could see that most of the smudged text was in a language I didn't recognize. I was about to put it back on the shelf, when one line at the bottom of the page caught my eye. It was in plain English, and read simply: care-tags.org. I dropped the book and ran out of the library. I haven't left my house since.

I don't know who you are, or how you did this. But I will find you.

gary_oak

Postby thisistheodore » Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi I'm Theodore and I'm a 20 year old from around the gta. I study photography and my interests include running, playing an assortment of video games, watching movies, cooking, gardening, and reading. I post and lurk around most internet fashion boards (serious business I know). My favourite author at the moment is Fyodor Dostoevsky and I just finished reading Notes from Underground. If anyone's ever got any questions photography related I'm always happy to answer. Some video games I play are WoW, SSBM (looking forward to Smash 4), occasionally league of legends if friends ask me nicely. I'm currently reworking my way through the Metro series.

Edit: I also have an identical twin brother who watches a fair amount of anime so I watch some of that from time to time too.

I'm a fairly quite person and spend a hefty amount of my free time hanging out at the AGO in fake canada, but if you happen to run into me (or someone you think is me) just say hi or something.

thisistheodore

Postby insect » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:08 pm

Hello,

I am Matt and I am from Vancouver. I like records, clothes, and reading books. I want to dress well someday.

Cheers

insect

Postby pheaj » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:18 am

Sup,

pheaj, Vancouver, 19 y/o SFU student. Into fancy headphones/music, internet fashion boards, video games while studying comp-sci/design/media arts. But I can't really fund any of those hobbies or my education so I just go to the gym Q_Q
Usually I hastily snap shitty fit pics on my instagram (@pheaj)

See you around!

pheaj

Postby Naka_ » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:50 am

Hey, I'm Jake, 22 in Melbourne. I like playing pool/snooker, watching MMA, and am hoping to start studying fashion design next year.

Naka_

Postby anotherdayhere » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:13 pm

cameron, 20, pittsburgh. into hardcore/punk/clothes/bikes/being bad at skateboarding. work crappy jobs to fund habits I can't afford.

anotherdayhere

Postby 3hunna » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:04 am

15/NYC. I enjoy street skating, and cruising around on my longboard, I Also play squash and run track. I mainly like hip hop, but I recently found myself enjoying Shostakovich and LCD Soundsystem, both of which wouldn't normally be on my radar. I Drink a lot of coffee and tea, and I read/go to movies/ go to the theatre as my main form of entertainment and I also occasionally watch some tv and play videogames including SSBM, PM and Civ.

3hunna

Postby pirxthepilot » Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:11 pm

hi, only just found this thread. I'm 34, live in london, work in the art world.
i like gymnastics (particularly the urban variety, coming soon to a kids' playground near you), literature, fashion.

pirxthepilot

Postby smiles » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:03 am

What in the art world, if you're comfortable saying

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby blanket » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:45 am

Hi everyone; I'm 17, female and I finished secondary this year. I'm currently in Hong Kong, but I'll move to Australia next year to start university. I want to study art and maths together and eventually reach a state of perfect general uselessness.

I hope I can learn more about fashion, clothes and how to dress.

blanket

Postby okay » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:59 am

Hi i'm Ollie, I'm 22 (as of this week) and I live in England. I studied English at university and now I'm working for free at a law firm, which isn't ideal, but hopefully things are on the up. I like cooking and hip hop, as well as clothing.

okay

Postby theweathercock » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:55 pm

Hi,

I'm soon to be 17 year old, male in the US out of NJ. Fashion interests me to the extent of dressing well, and viewing other people's styles and outfits is very enjoyable, even if it it is avante garde or something I wouldn't personally wear. I enjoy skateboarding, reading, acting and performing in general, rock climbing, backpacking and camping etc. I enjoy indie rock, alternative, folk and hip hop/rap. I've been active on a couple other fashion forums and I have heard good things about this one. I hope to share my own outfits and view others, and just learn more in general and develop a personal style.

It is what it is and it's pretty good
theweathercock

Postby smiles » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:52 am

Welcome , I also live in hk. how did you find out about ct?

草地跑過的腳印
smiles

Postby blanket » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:30 am

through /mfa and /ffa, but I don't have the guts to post on reddit because I've got friends who occasionally check out /mfa

blanket

Postby PrimePrime » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:50 pm

Hey, I'm based out of Altanta. Here's some stuff off the top of my head:

I love clothes, but am compulsorily unhappy with my wardrobe. I love thinking about how other people think so much that I do it for a living. I have a weakness for MMM. I'm really bad about leaving my clothes on the floor. I'm currently obsessed with collecting records. I like wine a lot more than I thought I did. I cannot stand it when people put cases on their iphones. I'm really nervous about fitting in here. I really love Supreme as a brand but kinda hate 75% of what they put out. I never feel like I understand enough about clothes to invest in another piece but I do anyway.

I love everybody! k thx by.

PrimePrime

Postby quitter » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:32 pm

Hi. I'm quitter, 19. I live in Calgary. I like to stay inside and play Counter Strike and Yugioh because it's cold outside.
~_~

ig @buzzpresto
quitter

Postby Yawn » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:38 pm

Alex/20/London
Former pastry chef now I run my own catering company
B-being tired is fashionable right ;;

Yawn

Postby BIGBEE » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Oh man I haven't played yu gi oh in forever. I was a huge fan of battlin' boxers. Highly doubt they are still relevant though. I haven't followed the meta lately. Has yu gi oh gotten even faster since i've played?

BIGBEE

Postby quitter » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:02 pm

ig @buzzpresto
quitter

Postby MythicSquirrel » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:55 pm

MythicSquirrel, also from Calgary. like fashion and music

MythicSquirrel

Postby gweezus » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:05 am

gweezus, from la jolla. fashion's pretty aight i guess.

gweezus

Postby INNIT » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:18 pm

INNIT

Postby MrStuffyStuff » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:51 pm

hello i'm nick. I'm 17 years old and live in middleton (next to madison), wisconsin

MrStuffyStuff

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:07 pm

hey i'm ted. going to NYU next year, but for right now i'm in Mexico doing gap year shit. it's way too hot for anything even remotely fashion forward, so it's looking like uniqlo tees, tank tops and jcrew shorts for the next 3 months. living vicariously through you guys rn

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby PrimePrime » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:41 am

PrimePrime

Postby mc-lunar » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:28 pm

mc-lunar

Postby CheerUpBrokeBoy » Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:27 pm

I'm teaching english to 1st and 2nd graders in the public schools on an island off the coast of Cancún called Isla Mujeres. It's literally me, one other teacher/supervisor and the program director teaching 600 students at 3 schools. Crazy shit

It's a little lonely out here, though. It's feeling more like a 4-month experience rather than the 9-month one I had originally planned. I might come back to the states at the end of January and find an internship somewhere

CheerUpBrokeBoy

Postby freddy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:14 pm

hi i'm "freddy," 22.5 years-old in the northeast, currently on a three-year gap-year, i believe i have quite a pre-existing reputation, but I'll suppose I can make an long-overdue introduction. i just found out i have disorganized schizophrenia so i'm in a program, sometimes I zone-out but that's okay, and sometimes I act autistic. i'm usually long-winded and spontaneously eccentric, i have a thing for bubbly jewish girls and just nice sweet girls in general, i wear an obscene amount of workwear. i keep a write-up on here -- still trying to figure who I am and what I want to do. I stay in a lot because I've exhausted and am bored with my town. I use fashion as a way to self-reflect and to self-express I guess (smiling)

freddy

Postby ho mane! » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:50 am

19/m/vancouver bc, thought it was funny you have to know designer rick _____ to join the forum

ho mane!

PreviousNext

Return to Care