[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Off topic

Re: a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Postby jukeboxnukebox » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:32 am

hey guys

i heard this place is friendly. i’m intimidated by the niceness. it kinda scares me

i recently turned 19 (today is my bday)

I’m from philly but had to move for school

currently planning on majoring in biology. if anyone has tips for getting into med school they would like to share that would be cool

I’ve been lurking for a while under someone else’s account (you know who you are)

i don’t really know what my plan is

i like small things and pugs

here is my tumblr: http://jukeboxnukebox.tumblr.com/

*19/f/pa

Last edited by jukeboxnukebox on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
jukeboxnukebox

Postby jukeboxnukebox » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:50 am

i actually just followed you on ig last night

supposed to be this. haven't quite found a smaller version yet

have you taken your mcat's yet/when do you plan on applying

jukeboxnukebox

Postby rjbman » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:30 am

For med school just have a 4.0 GPA and get over a 40 on your MCAT!

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby nick » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:19 am

nick
Eminent Eminem

Postby Rhythianne » Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Yeee. What format do you play?

Mainly League, but I'm getting into Starcraft and smash.

Mustang from FMA/FMA:B, Hei from Darker Than Black, Lelouch from Code Geass

Rhythianne

Postby Rhythianne » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:42 pm

I mainly play standard and modern, but I want to get into EDH and legacy so badly. Only problem is they're out of my price range, ha.

Rhythianne

Postby mc-lunar » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:53 pm

I used to think the same thing, but I sat down with a spreadsheet and added up how much i was dropping on singles every rotation and it turned out to be waaay too much. Don't get fooled by the "but i can resell them while they're still standard-legal" train of thought either like i did :'(

In any case, a budget EDH deck is really easy to make and budget legacy is totally doable if you don't want to play blue (or are cool with forgoing FoWs). I run a ninja faerie thing that just reuses all the stuff that made fae dope in Lorwyn standard - mistbind & vendillion clique, cryptic, etc, and i don't think i've spent more than $100 on it over the last few years.

edit: also this should probably be in a different thread? not sure if we have a card game thread but feel free to make one!

mc-lunar

Postby Bootsnpantsnboots » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:20 pm

Hey guys fng here

20/m student/ low end retail

You might know me from the gyw subreddit maybe raw denim

I wear a lot of boring stuff mostly one pair of Raws and boots

Working my way through the podcasts mostly just here to lurk

Bootsnpantsnboots

Postby despot » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:42 am

i'm jilsander on reddit

i'm on the mfa irc a lot as despot. i felt #betrayed when you guys didnt invite me to join this forum like we used to have good times together guys! AM I THE PERSON YOU'RE TRYING TO STAY AWAY FROM? but i'm over it now about 1 year later.

despot

Postby Rhythianne » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:54 pm

Yeah, I definitely agree. Lately, I've been saving up for this legacy deck I've been wanting to get for so long now, but it's like $300 lol. RIP my wallet. Regardless, I'm putting standard and modern aside for the time being, as you're right, keeping up with rotations can get very expensive.

Rhythianne

Postby starfox64 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:10 pm

"On the Itchy & Scratchy CD-ROM, is there a way to get out of the dungeon without using the wizard key?"

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."
starfox64

Postby kgfan5 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:37 pm

hello care-tags,

i'm kgfan5. intro is a bit overdue. i post on sf and sufu but i've been a long time lurker of care-tags. i'm a chronic hoarder, specifically clothes, shoes, sneakers or anything fashunz. i want to say i inherited this amazing gift from my mom. she is the best of the best ( oh hai mom).

kgfan5

Postby deadirishwriters » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:26 am

Hi all!

I'm deadirishwriters. 23/m, from Xanadu, working in law/ economic consulting. Long-time lurker/ occasional poster on Reddit and Styleforum. I've been poking around here the last few days and this place seems rad/ everyone seems super friendly. I like listening to/ playing jazz, tv shows with Anthony Bourdain and jasmine tea.

Anyway, looking forward to getting involved in the community here. Nice to meet you guys.

deadirishwriters

Postby blocksphere » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:32 am

yes that's probably me, I used to be maplefly on FFA/FF and then one other username after that which I now can't remember.

Well as long as I'm here again I'll answer the questions

what's your favorite fish
not a huge fan of fish, but I like shrimp and oysters

what is your favorite color
purple

what is your favorite type of music
probably "classical" music, though not by far

what toppings do you guys like on your pizza
fresh tomato slices, artichoke hearts, breaded/fried eggplant, olives

what animal would be turn into if you were an animorph
a hedgehog

who was your first celeb crush
Destiny's Child!!

do you say chips or crisps
chips

do you say biscuits or cookies
cookies (biscuits are warm, light, and fluffy)

let's get down to the real questions that need to be asked guys
I agree.

blocksphere

Postby bels » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:03 am

Great new users lately, WAYWT is a real pleasure to browse. Welcome to all of you.

bels
Yung Winona

Postby teapot » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:11 pm

my goldfish, spiderman

black ofc. have u heard of yohji yamamoto??

bebop

anchovies

dog seems like fun

kim possible. she counts right?

crisps

cookies get softer the longer you leave them, biscuits get harder

18/m/england

hi, lurked for about 6 months. thought i'd join in

teapot

Postby soggy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:35 am

imperial longfin, tuna

grey is the way

hiphop, edm(whatever genres I don't know it kinda just all blends together on my soundcloud), various other things

prosciutto or die

something chill like a tortoise

who are(was) your (first) celeb crushes(crush)?
kendall jenner
lia marie johnson
keisha grey
kiera knightley

chips

cookies

19/m/namek

-here for the prawns and jawns

yung waitzkin
soggy

Postby mahi-mahi » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Hello! My name is kevin, 16/M/VA. I love making things with my hands, sleep, clothes, positivity, math and you guys! I'm fluent in Spanish and English. My favorite brands are dries, supreme, brooks brothers. I want to dress like someone who is trying to pull theirselves together, any Advice?

mahi-mahi

Postby thephfactor » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:17 am

Hello all. My name is phil, 20/m/ne. I'm in university, holding on to dat scholarship by the thinnest of threads. I'm passionate about soccer, but have never played, passionate about art, but never made anything. I want to express my creativity through fashion. Here to lurk, at least until/if I ever manage to keep enough of my money to buy something actually interesting.

Don't much like fish. My best fish experience was with spice-drenched blackened catfish at a very nice seafood restaurant that my uncle treated me to a couple of months ago.

Black

I don't have a favorite genre. The majority of what I listen to are folk-rock and hip-hop. My favorite band is The Strokes.

Pepperoni, sausage.

A dolphin.

I don't think I had celeb crush... but I did tend to obsess over the characters of movies and books.

Chips

cookies.

Yeah.

thephfactor

Postby aporea » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:33 pm

hey everyone, my name is donavon. 20 / nyc. photographer studying documentary film at uni, trying to learn how to draw and speak german on my off days. heavily interested in traditional folk music, diary films, alan clarke, maoism, and low commitment hangouts. one of my favorite things is getting handwritten letters from musicians, labels, etc when i buy something from them. still figuring out my style and the direction i want to go in. tumblr: http://donavonsmallwood.tumblr.com/, hope to lurk and get to know the community more (along with bookmark some flintstone)!

aporea

Postby evilfriends » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:21 am

yo guys I'm evilfriend and I really like listening to and playing music.

Other interests of mine are reading, soccer, anime, bicycling and clothes.

I came here from tmfa to broaden my horizons and look at cool fits, maybe I'll post one myself when I have a good one (smiling)

http://xshrkn.tumblr.com/ here's my tumblr, it's 60% music, 20% fashion and 20% photography

evilfriends

Postby mahi-mahi » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:02 am

1. What's your favorite food?
2. What are you lacking in life right now?
3. Best night ever?
4. Are humans self-serving?
5. What brands are you hot on?
6. If you could offer me,(16, young) 1 piece of advice, what would it be?

mahi-mahi

Postby evilfriends » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:34 am

gonna use the questions for further exposition

Pizza of all sorts, except bacon

Adventure. Everything is just a little too predictable, too stale, too boring.

3. Best night ever?
Spending the whole night in a fast car on the Autobahn with a few close friends, listening to Interpol's Turn On The Bright Lights

2 deep of a question to answer shortly

I like Supreme and A.P.C,, but I'm looking to extend that list which is a big part of why I am here.

Pick up an instrument, it only takes a little effort and some time to be able to make cool sounds with it. (smiling) Also carefully decide who in your life is really worth caring about, free your mind from all the others.

evilfriends

Postby thephfactor » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:06 am

I'm gonna answer the questions as well since I'm still new.

Not sure, I would say pizza perhaps.
Friends, companionship. I'm incredibly lonely.
3. Best night ever?
Snapchatting in my room and drinking juice.
By nature or in practice? No, but yes.
I'm not hot on any brands. I don't have a very consistent idea of what kind of look I want, first of all, and I'm not the kind to worship a brand.
Nothing. I can't offer you any advice because in many ways I have the life experience of a child.

That turned out to be... not very interesting or helpful.

thephfactor

Postby haz » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:04 pm

yo
student, mathematics, bristol uk
this place seems chill, i like it

haz

Postby finite- » Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:14 pm

21/m/london

i like this community everyone seems so warm and welcoming, but i hope i'll still get harsh criticism when i deserve it cause i'm trying to up my dressing game~ (so pls don't spare my feelings i'm a big boy)

xoxo

finite-

Postby cases » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:40 pm

Hello! I've been lurking for a while, thought I'd make a post since I just borrowed this from the library:

19/f/Canada

cases

Postby huhuslum » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:50 pm

Hello
My name is Harry. I am 20 in a few weeks. I live in Aberdeen. I am from Lincolnshire. I study philosophy. care-tags looks like a chill place to waste my time.

huhuslum

Postby Syeknom » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:51 pm

Syeknom

Postby ritzkurd » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:06 pm

ritzkurd - socal - 21 - design stu

happy new year yall

ritzkurd

PreviousNext

Return to Care