[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Off topic

Re: a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Postby grandoldparis » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi, my name is Lauren. 18 year old female from Atlanta. I am from reddit (r/teenmfa mostly) and was told this is a great community that could help me improve. My goal is to learn how to put together pieces of clothing that make me feel confident and happy. Very excited to learn (smiling)

grandoldparis

Postby escograu » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:20 pm

Wassup, my name is Paul and I'm 22yo male from Europe, Poland. I'm a self-taught graphic designer, webdeveloper and hobbist musican. Recently I've started working in adversting industry with my own small company, but I wanna work as a concept artist in future. Few of my favourite visual artists: Zdzisław Beksiński, Jason Manley, Tsutomu Nihei, Maciej Kuciara, Patryk Olejniczak. I like cinematography, asian the most. One of my biggest passions is cyberpunk in every kind of form - in literature, cinematography or in manga & anime. I'm also into futurology and transhumanism. Music? Music for me is just one big endless journey and I'm just still lookin for new roots in sound.

1. What's your favorite food?

I'm on ketogenic lowcarb diet right now, cuz my body hate carbs and... I really don't like it cuz I love high carb foods so much.

2. What are you lacking in life right now?

Money, satisfaction, clothes.

3. Best night ever?

Every night.

4. Are humans self-serving?

Yes, but I think that egocentrism in small doses is good.

5. What brands, designers are you hot on?

I'm quite new into fashion but I like the most Yohji Yamamoto and CDG at the moment.

6. If you could offer me (16, young) 1 piece of advice, what would it be?

You need to be patient and curious in things you're interesed in, cuz everything needs time, EVERYTHING. Education and regularity are crucial things.

7. What's your favorite fish?

Definitely salmon.

8. What is your favorite color?

Black and red.

9. What is your favorite type of music?

Music.

escograu

Postby thecanadiancook » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:37 am

I figured I might as well start contributing seeing as, apparently, I have had an account for the last year.

Hi, I'm thecanadiancook and also go by mementomoriarty, SF mostly. Real name Brad, 22, studying Food Science in Canada. I like food and fashion. Food fermentations interest me. Hiphop backpacker along with other eclectic stuff.

I like Robert Geller for some arbitrary reasons. That will probably last a couple more years. Then transition to Scheider while working at some novel food company. I come home to a cutie who I love even though we won't do marriage even though we've been together for a while. I'll make bread, cure my own meat and cheese, produce various alcohols. As I grow older brands interest me less and less and just pick up pieces that interest me. Eventually I become as dope and confident as Yoji in my old age. Thats the dream.

Victim to the Diderot effect // //
thecanadiancook

Postby mknro » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:17 pm

Hi I'm mknro. Been lurking here for a couple months, felt I might as well start commenting.

21. From a North-West European capital (but not Scandinavia), studying in the UK.

Typical Pitchfork reader who stans Kanye and listens to a lot of hip hop.
Side interest in female fashion because I have sisters who (stupidly) take my advice.
My time (besides fashion) is spent trying to scrape a university degree with the bare minimum amount of work, trying to come up with the app that will make me rich and prevent me from ending up in finance, and failing to do either due to the time wasted watching football and TV shows.

Basically I'm extremely boring, and you'll all probably hate me.

mknro

Postby HexKeySet » Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:58 am

hi! 24, male. been lurking all over the fashion net and this is probably the nicest board i've come across. building my look step by step; taking flintstone from all corners. looking forward to visually uparmouring myself via the intel i gather here.

HexKeySet

Postby Bama » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:26 pm

Hello Everyone

I'm Bama, a lot of you probably know me from Reddit/SZ. I'm here to get away from the hostile snobbiness of SZ and the shortage of content from Reddit.

I'm 20, from Tampa, FL and currently going to school at The University of Alabama. It's my third year and I'm studying Exercise & Sports Science so if you need exercise or nutrition help, I'm your guy. Haha

Into all of the artisinal, "SZ" brands. My favorite being Boris Bidjan Saberi and M.A+, though I don't own any M.A+ yet. I also enjoy every other aspect of fashion so I'm not here to just talk about the stuff I wear.

I hope I can contribute to the already great variety of style this board produces and I hope you guys enjoy having me!

All progression stems from conclusion.
Bama

Postby lotion » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:44 pm

dominique/20
enjoy blogging and writing and sewing scraps together and art books
found sanctuary googling bless no 48

lotion

Postby Lorcan » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:10 pm

Sup

I'm 27, live in the UK.

I'm obsessed with Japanese Americana clothing (ie. Soloist, Needles, Visvim, EG, etc). Been posting on SF for a couple years. C-T seems like a nice crowd / different jizz / threads relevant to my interests.

Fashion goals mostly revolve around looking like dirtiest smelliest hippie of them all

Lorcan

Postby moonface » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:11 am

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited by moonface on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moonface

Postby vos » Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:48 pm

yo

Greg/19/NYC (Away at Cornell for school though)

Studying Comp Sci at Cornell
Love minimal bland yet interesting clothes (Acne, APC, Our Legacy, etc.)
Just here to appreciate different styles and aesthtics and get better at putting together more creative/interesting outfits (textures, color palettes, etc.)

1. What's your favorite food?

Too hard to choose

2. What are you lacking in life right now?

Money, Acne Studios.

3. Best night ever?

Threesome freshman year

4. Are humans self-serving?

Absolutely

5. What brands, designers are you hot on?

Acne, APC, Our Legacy

6. If you could offer me (16, young) 1 piece of advice, what would it be?

Everything eventually works out

7. What's your favorite fish?

Definitely salmon.

8. What is your favorite color?

Navy/Olive

9. What is your favorite type of music?

Deep House, 90s R&B, Rap

vos

Postby 0892368667 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:01 pm

hello,

thank you

Postby Cowboy » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Yo

I am Merge

Tmfa

Been around for a bit over half a year there

Expanding my interests and avenues for learning/inspo

Excited to be here

Cowboy

Postby g.oos » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:06 pm

aaaaaa

Last edited by g.oos on Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
g.oos

Postby Fatiloquent » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:16 am

Time to get out of lurking then. I have been lurking this forum for a while.

I'm 21, male. I live in California currently. This forum seems super chilled and relaxed. Hopefully, I can contribute a lot to this forum in the near future.

Fatiloquent

Postby sbuers » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi!
I'm Reuben, 17 from England. 6"5 so struggling to find clothes that compliment me. Heavily into JP streetwear and mid 90's skatewear. I was introduced by a friend and C-T seems like a really nice community. Looking forward to contributing and finding inspo!

sbuers

Postby Bunnies » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:08 pm

Wazzup i'm bunnies, 21 year old dude that is studying dentistry and living in sweden, the capital of scandinavian minimalistic brands. Been lurking mfa and sufu for about 3 years now and i figured i'd give this forum a go. My style is pretty mixed but it's mostly bland cold nordic clothing with some as bland as it gets japanese stuff. Hello people (smiling)

Bunnies

Postby _str » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:55 am

Hi everyone, I'm 21 from Boston studying mechanical engineering. I've lurked mfa since ~2012 and sufu for almost as long. I am trying break out of the uniqlo/jcrew + shoes mold that I have created for myself and ascend closer to my final form

_str

Postby ervhio » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:04 pm

[deleted]

Last edited by ervhio on Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ervhio

Postby toff » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:20 am

I'm Tiffany
also nicknamed Toff courtesy of caretags user
F/literally a baby please do not come for me/SF Bay Area local snack enthusiast, I also like to read

starting to throw some time and money into clothes thanks to a couple of fellow memers :0)
you know who you are

my instagram username is toffni
toff

Postby sbuers » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:25 pm

Agreed, I feel that a tall guy comittee is in order

sbuers

Postby mu_ » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:26 am

hello, few may know me from irc or whatever

I'm here now

today, more than any other day, I am excited to feel the milk of human kindness
mu_

Postby Fokken » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi
some of you may know me from Sufu
21yo, living in Brussels, Belgium

xoxo

Fokken

Postby Dingdongfootball » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:41 pm

Hello, everyone.
None of you know me from anything.
I probably won't be very active on here until I'm a little happier with my wardrobe and style, but I'm making this account now to reserve this incredible name.
See you in a year I guess!

Dingdongfootball

Postby adiabatic » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:58 pm

I IRC. I like cargo shorts that hit at least the top of the knee while standing (10"–11"). Trying to transition away from too much L. L. Bean (not the newfangled slim stuff) and towards more Outlier. That said, whenever I sit down to drive, my air-forged oxford tells me I should lose ten pounds. It's right, but still. Maybe I just have a larger-than-normal rib cage — I don't think I have a whole lot of fat to lose there.

Avatar question: What is the care-tags.org color? The most useful answer will be expressed in HTML-style hexadecimal.

“clothing for attractive rich people in their 20s to go to weddings in” — Zack Johnson on Vineyard Vines
adiabatic

Postby toff » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:32 am

tao kae noi's crispy seaweed in the tom yum flavor is perhaps the best snack, and lately i've been reading a lot of asian american history, more specifically ronald takaki's book: strangers from a different shore ~_~

thank you everyone for the warm welcomes

my instagram username is toffni
toff

Postby posh_somme » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:29 pm

hey i've posted on fa and mfa for almost 2 years, thought i'd give a community a try. im 21, from the uk, moving between france and the uk every so often.

posh_somme

Postby carraigs » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:28 pm

I'm carraigs. 21, male, london (and occasionally northern ireland). Some of you know me. I was big into MFA IRC a long time ago. I dated another user for 2 years. We're still friends. I'm somewhat out of the fashion game atm. Depends on how you look at things. I do Law at the LSE.

what's your favorite fish
Skipjack tuna
what is your favorite color
It's a three way tie between jazzberry jam, azure and indigo dye. I love all colours a lot.
what is your favorite type of music
PC music and japanese electronic pop (think more maltine and less king records)
what toppings do you guys like on your pizza
Charcuterie stuff is nice but anything other than mushrooms and olives is good too. Plain is great too.
what animal would be turn into if you were an animorph
If i keep my intellect etc then a fairyfly - essentially invisibility + being able to move through doors etc
who was your first celeb crush
Do cartoon characters count
do you say chips or crisps
Crisps
do you say biscuits or cookies
Biscuits, and don't make me cite the jaffa cakes tribunal case

carraigs

Postby jamesaanderson » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:25 am

Hey. I'm a sophomore in high school and pretty active on /r/mfa and /r/teenmfa and occasionally post on /r/mf. Besides clothes I'm into programming and cycling.

jamesaanderson

Postby jamesaanderson » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:19 am

Hey. I'm 16 and from LA. I post on /r/mfa and occasionally /r/mf. Hope to start contributing here.

jamesaanderson

Postby maj » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:38 am

Do you have a brother called Johnathan? Is he interested in joining too?

maj

PreviousNext

Return to Care