[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
care-tags.org • View topic - a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Off topic

Re: a/s/l: the new member introduction zone

Postby taylorswift » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:34 pm

Apologies for not doing this sooner.

My name is Blair, I'm a 16 year old male from Illinois. I've been into fashion for about a year and a half now and recently learned about care tags through the teenmfa guys.

So far the community here seems excellent, excited to be a part of it.

taylorswift

Postby rcourtie » Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:43 pm

29/m/Mountain View, CA, USA. Near San Francisco for those of you not familiar with the geography of the San Francisco bay area. Got into fashion because my wife(fianceé at the time) suggested I learn to dress better, to her current lament as I now spend all my free time and money looking at shoes she doesn't understand.

Posting an intro to get over the fear of posting in WAYWT. Summer suits are coming! With shorts. I love shorts.

what's your favorite fish
tuna?

what is your favorite color
I don't really have one. Blue or black I guess?

what is your favorite type of music
Hip hop, indie rock type stuff

what toppings do you guys like on your pizza
meat 'n' stuff

what animal would be turn into if you were an animorph
something that flys high and far. I don't really know birds.

who was your first celeb crush
I don't remember remember. Mandy Moore?

do you say chips or crisps
chips

do you say biscuits or cookies
cookies

let's get down to the real questions that need to be asked guys

edit: I'm here by way of mfa/mf. And I'm a software dude by trade.

rcourtie

Postby ben » Fri May 01, 2015 6:45 am

:heck:

Last edited by ben on Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ben

Postby Colabear » Wed May 06, 2015 11:10 am

Hi I'm colabear, I like clothing and design and I care.

Colabear

Postby Mr. Moo » Thu May 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Hi, I'm Mr. Moo and I like you.

Mr. Moo

Postby Quasi » Fri May 08, 2015 9:22 pm

My names Hayden. 18.M.CA. I like Drawing,clothing,taking pictures,listening to music, skating and being outside. Schools ending in like a month and i'm undecided and a bit worried of what's to come. The clothing I wear is mostly inspired by bikers, military, punk, techwear, skating, minimalism. I mostly wear all black and dark colors but i'd like to start experimenting with outfits with just different shades of white,tan,cream. I mostly lurk and comment occasionally on mf and browse sufu every once in a while. I'd like to start contributing on here it seems like a great and open minded community.

In a dream. I'll wake up soon.
Quasi

Postby bug » Sat May 09, 2015 1:07 am

I'm bug
I live in California
I'm an 18 year old kid with a small, basic wardrobe, but I'm now making money on the side
I look at plenty of websites but there's so much to learn
I hope I can grow with my new friends

bug

Postby kafkaontheshore » Thu May 14, 2015 4:43 pm

I'm a 58 year old women living in New York currently, in Greenwhich Village. My youngest son (of 4 boys) introduced me to this community (hes mywuts on here I think), and re-introduced me to fashion; I was an 80s/90s Dries fan who had lapsed in their interest until he showed me what Raf and MMM and Rick were up to ... and Japanese designers young and old.

Fashion empowers everyone to combine their own creativity with some spellbinding artists' wearable art. "'beauty is truth, truth beauty,' – that is all / Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know"

OCCUPY! (I spent six weeks at Zuccotti Park in late 2011).

"Nothing Great was ever achieved without enthusiasm" -Ralph Waldo Emerson
kafkaontheshore

Postby lyysander » Sat May 16, 2015 12:00 am

Hey, I'm Sam. I'm a short trans dude from Xanadu who's living off of an AmeriCorps stipend and attempting to maintain some degree of style.

lyysander

Postby wowie » Sat May 16, 2015 12:53 am

hey c-t, I'm Matt, and I'm a 15 y/o sophomore in hs in Ohio. been into fashion for maybe like 9 months or somth idk but kind of always cared about my appearance.

anyways, you may know me as Hyp3rion_ on reddit. I post fairly regularly on tmfa, mfa, r/streetwear, and /fa/, and lurk mf, sufu and c-t as well.

I'm not sure what I want to make out of wearing specific clothes in special ways and don't really have a defined style yet but I enjoy browsing and commenting on different boards and reading articles and all that.

I wanted to wait until I had some better sense of direction before I started posting on other forums outside of reddit and effay but idk I guess idc as much at this moment.

this phpbb whatever format is still a little weird to me so maybe help me out if I fuck something up, haha.

aaaaaaanyways I hope I get to know some of you through here and maybe get a different perspective on whatever clothes I think look good together. seeyaround (smiling)

wowie

Postby dull » Sun May 17, 2015 12:12 pm

hello, im dustin.
ive been into the clothing scene for a while now and i hope to pursue a career in it.
im 17 and am taking mostly art and sewing classes at my highschool.
i work a shitty part time job at goodwill just to fund my wardrobe.
i found this place through /fa/ and it seems like an all around more positive place with a younger demographic so this might be my new board of choice.
thanks.

dull

Postby iralanwitnuk » Tue May 26, 2015 5:13 pm

Hey guys, I'm iralanwitnuk, and I'm 15 years old and currently living in Alabama. I've been subscribed to other forums such as tmfa and mfa for a little over a year now and I'm looking to broaden my horizons as far as fashion goes. I'm really looking forward to becoming a member of this community!

"Let's all buy Birkenstocks and go hug some trees"
iralanwitnuk

Postby Northwest » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:42 pm

Hello, hi, and howdy. 23 y.o. male from the Seattle area with a long-standing interest in techwear that began in earnest in 2012. Have been posting on Sufu for awhile, and started lurking C-T probably 6 months back.

Decided to join to cross-pollinate and encourage a new generation of techwear dummies like myself. I've handled and owned various pieces from Outlier, Veilance, CCP Japan x Softs Ghost Line, and Acronym. If you have any questions on these brands and the promises they make in terms of performance, feel free to ask as I remember the fear of taking the plunge on my first techwear items and how much it helped to have individuals reviewing them in depth.

Northwest

Postby Karani_kun » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:03 pm

New guy here from Stockholm, age 19.

Interests: Fashion, Food, Gaming, Music, Dancing, Chilling, Making videos, Writing, anime, manga and etc

Fashion style: I like pretty much anything, but i usually wear black and white clothes!

Anyways Hi y'all! :D

Karani_kun

Postby oli » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:00 am

hi all!

i'm a 19 year old Melbournite male
i bought an unsustainable amount of clothes from rak in the last year or so (sorted by cheapest) with no real direction and am trying to puzzle the pieces together. the one stylistic certainty i have in my mixedup wardrobe is my love for long legs, achieved by chopping all my tops as short as i can get away with.

i come to caretags to have sweet little interactions with your great userbase and to utilise the board as a storage space for my better fits so i don't forget any cool combos i stick together

pic is both an old pic of me and my fashion goals

oli

Postby shar pei » Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:57 pm

pretty sure most of you lot are familiar with who i am but i want to reintroduce myself formally:

my name is pei, i turned 19 this year and i currently go to school in chicago, il. i'm studying art criticism and theory, and about to enter sophomore year of college.
i started getting into fashion by lurking /fa/ over the course of 3 years up until recent developments within the past year or so because i didn't want to look like weeb trash, let alone trash. right now i have a 15-piece wardrobe (excluding shoes) that consists of mainly rick owens.

aside from fashion i really like literature, art, anime, and food.
my favorite writers are stefan zweig and roberto bolaño. i love essays as well. popular opinion but i want to emphasize that aldous huxley's essays are far better than his novels. i am a huge sucker for john singer sargent's and mary cassatt's paintings, even though i am a huge fan of really pretentious contemporary stuff. my favorite anime series is a tie between kaiba and serial experiments lain.

my favorite food is yakiniku and its other variants like korean bbq. japanese-style curry takes second place but could be comparable to yakiniku if it's from coco ichibanya or something. my favorite curry roux to use when i'm making curry is vermont curry. i use butter to sautee vegetables and meat and steam them a little bit for a while, and then add in chicken stock instead of water, letting it boil for around 20 or so minutes before putting in the roux.

i also get hungry very often, please grubhub me food, thank you.

CHEERS
P
shar pei

Postby earthonator » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:36 pm

what up caretags some user said i should introdue myself

my names arth(pronounced like EARTH), im a sixteen yr old to-be-junior..i am indian, skinny, vegitatrian, and currently reside in houston. i moved from DALLAS last yr and i still hate tgis gross city. aside from fashion i like art, tennis, music(i can play the trombone and the indian percusssion instrument known as tabla), indie and hiphop music, and some rnb music , driving, and also i secretly like helpng my mom choose furniture. i kinda like coding too as i am in com sci. uh i like harry potter, and game of thrones

i started getting into clothes inthe ningth grade, i startee with the cringy mfa phase, wearing button downs under v neck sweaters to skool o0h god.
i started browsing online fashun in the eigth grade, i started with mfa then teenmfa (which i do still go o nsometimes i just lurk though), and then i heard about this site called caretags in the begining of this year (sphmore yr) and have been lurking here for like 8 months.

rn i dress into 2 VERY distinct styles- retro sportswear and like natural stuff,you know. so its kinda annoying that i cant buy cklothes that go with everything, and only half of my wardrobe. i really like color palletes like in clothes and interior decorating, idk its just fun to imagine what colors would look the best with each other.

ps- want to listen t o a song that u can play for 10 hours stahght and not get sick of? then listen to this masterpeice for 10 ten hrs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEm0AjTbsac

earthonator

Postby Cowboy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:43 pm

and I are in Cypress

U kno me from tmfa

We have a few other Houstonites around

Could make care meets bigger soon

(Official) welcome to CT!

Cowboy

Postby rjbman » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:53 pm

Other 10 hr candidates

"Let's be vagabonds." - Yohji Yamamoto
rjbman

Postby tomsfood » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:16 pm

hey everyone my names thomas i used to dress cool now i tuck my shirts in. this place looks nice i will check it out!!

tomsfood
Look Arena Champion

Postby ratchetkoala » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:58 pm

I guess I'm new to posting even though a lot of you know me from slack.

it me, bhoka
25/grill/mpls

I am a ux/ui/ixd and visual designer, an owner of dressed.so, and am passionate about a lot of things like The Internet and Feminism and Art, Jewelry, Architecture, Nature, etc.

In terms of fashion, I am very interested in construction, fabric and fit (lesser interest in industry, runway, trends). I used to work in fashion design & graphics full-time (which is how I ended up in ~dis world~). I have an acute interest in jewelry and it's probably my favorite investment for my wardrobe and presentation. I plan on doing a post to explain this more.

|
ratchetkoala

Postby schultzaur » Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:58 pm

schultzaur

Postby gustavobradley » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:31 pm

21/m/edmonton

undergrad poli sci student/aspiring law student. i also like music, food, and video games (but i wouldn't call myself a "gamer").

in fashion i just like what i think looks cool, and generally i'm pretty open to just about everything, regardless of whether or not i would actually wear it.

https://instagram.com/deadlvng // haelegen.tumblr.com
gustavobradley

Postby Minkhoi » Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:48 pm

/

Last edited by Minkhoi on Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ph
Minkhoi

Postby Juugx86 » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:33 am

my name is juugx86 and welcome to jackasss

Juugx86

Postby skavenger » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:44 pm

Cody, 29,M, Chicago

skavenger

Postby mellownyellow » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:03 am

25/f/Netherlands

Hi I'm mellow, mostly new to ct, but some of you might know me from other places on the internet. I do marketing at a software company to fund my clothing habit. I'm interested in basically all aspects of the fashion industry, and am looking forward to chatting about it here. Non-fashion interests include reading (though I haven't gotten to much of that lately), running and shitty reality tv.

mellownyellow

Postby sterling_morrison » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:38 pm

Hey, my names Theo. You might have seen me around on the irc or on somewhere else on the web. I've even had the pleasure to meet a few of you in real life. Also my moms on this website (shoutout to ), so caretags has been all over my life for a while. I'm way too young to responsibly use the internet and I live in New York (3 blocks from the lovely ). I skateboard a bit but usually I'm overplaying records made by Lou Reed or those wishing they were Lou Reed, like Dean Wareham.

sterling_morrison

Postby brattney » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:22 am

Hi! 25/f/san francisco. Some of you might know me elsewhere, from other corners of the internet. I've been vaguely involved with fashion-related subreddits, and am a co-owner of dressed.so. I like ugly shoes, burritos, feminism, and staring at my neglected record collection.

Right now I do marketing and analytics for a startup and outside of ~fashion~ I mostly am into live music of the depressing indie and/or RA-friendly electronic variety. Everything else I do is sedentary because I'm from the internet.

Also wow it has been a long, long time since I've been on a phpbb forum brb quarter life crisis

brattney

Postby j3ssicarhh » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:22 pm

Hey (smiling) 19/f/Worcester

Currently a biology student at Worcester uni, hoping to get a PhD in microbiology in the future. I enjoy knitting, eating, taking random selfies and moaning about stuff.

My taste in clothes has developed greatly over the past year, though I mostly just buy high end high street stuff.

j3ssicarhh

PreviousNext

Return to Care